Looking For Free Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by karma, Aug 28, 2008.

1. karma New Member

Hi.
    I was looking for free traffic to my website,(who isn't) and found freeviral.com. I just tried it but i dont know how good they are. As it turns out its another affiliate programme asking me to include they're link on my page, (surprise, surprise). You also have to sign up for their email list. Anyway did anyone have any luck with them?
    And if so what volume of traffic are we talking?

Hey Karma - have you tried writing articles?

That is a very good way to attract targeted traffic to your site. Some of these other places get you traffic but it doesn't convert very well - they just bounce in and back out!
  3. pcwork New Member

Writing articles is the best option, many websites pay you for it or share revenue.
  4. Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: Some of these other places get you traffic but it doesn't convert very well - they just bounce in and back out!

Yep, and mean bounce rates erode Page Rank, Alexa Rank, and similar stats tracking rankings.

~Newbie Shield~
  5. karma New Member

Thanks for the tips guys. I have been writing a few articles alright but not enough i guess. If these websites are just eroding my page rank etc. would I be better off to just cancel my account with these sites?
  6. JDCruz New Member

I am not sure if your website will pass entrecard.com's requirements.

Please go to entrecard and check it out. This one brings a lot of traffic, some are touch and go types but with good writing, conversion of some visitors into loyal readers is very possible.

It doesn't cost anything and does not harm your site's Google PageRank.
  7. cupbucket New Member

I have stopped using these things as of late in favour of more reliable means of promotion. I want to focus only on getting my site high on Google, which so far is working out quite nicely. It's a refreshing change to be able to rely on my own skill rather than that of some new flashy program.

Just may two cents (or pence in UK)
  8. csendres New Member

Another free method of genetating website visits is to use myspace. There are several ways,.. from using the bullitins to commenting on high page view profiles.

You do need to be careful to not just spam products... if you do it respectfully people will respond positively to your materiels.

Craigslist is another obvious free exposure method.

Tried free classifieds?
  9. CSGWAHM New Member

Writing articles and press releases are excellent ways to get traffic and it's free or very low cost.
  10. BillyPilgrim New Member

My only traffic generation method thus far has been article marketing. It's easy and it's free.
  11. johntanyishin New Member

Other than writing articles, you can do:

blog commenting
    or create your own blog
    create videos (if you already have a video cam)
    podcasting
    press release
    traffic exchange

All of them will take up some time.

JTYS
  12. Newbie Shield Gold Member

cupbucket: It's a refreshing change to be able to rely on my own skill rather than that of some new flashy program.

Hey Cup: Good for you, that's a picture-perfect attitude. Nothing feels better than owning the knowledge and the skills.

Hi BillyPilgrim: I missed seeing you around here but I'm glad you're back. I tried PMing you, but if I remember correctly, your Inbox was full.

How goes your article project?

~Newbie Shield~
  13. candi New Member

Very nice advice here and I'm happy to have stumbled over to this site. I seem to be learning more each time I visit. I am still learning on the converts as well and its a slow process.
  14. Hattrrrick New Member

If you write articles, it is important to find good niche keywords. I followed this tactic on my very first article and landed 5 down on googles 1st page. Use the keywords in the title of the article and 6-10 times throughout the article, for an article that is 500-800 words long.
  15. BillyPilgrim New Member

Hi NS,
    I've been busy trying to make money but I'm back. Good to see you still here.
  16. z2ac2k New Member

there is no free way to get traffic. no matter what you do you are going to have to invest either time or money. you get 0 for free
  17. GavinStephenson New Member

You can use myspace, youtube, facebook, squidoo, hubpages, article websites craigslist.. So many ways and the list goes on.

Its about how about much value you can build in these websites and how many relationships you can build though your story that draw traffic towards you.

Thats why i always ask my leads this question

Are you willing to include your personal content in your pages. Are you willing to do what i do to get leads and are you willing to get infront of your market.

Thats all it takes to see massive result using web 2.0 marketing
  18. heistheanswer New Member

I agree, you have to be willing to put yourself out there and talk to people, show them that you care, and then prove it! There are too many hacks out there that just take people's money and then run. No support, mentoring, training, or tools to help them succeed. That's why most people fail, theirs no support. As long as you have a good sponsor, you'll make money and go far. Help enough other people get what they want and you'll get what you want! God Bless
    Jason
    636-978-7089
    314-440-3889
  19. karma New Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. I have been implementing some of the tips found here and have experienced an increase in traffic to my sites. I have also been looking at changing my niche focus to one that isnt over saturated.[IMG]

Thanks again
  20. happywife Gold Member

karma: I have also been looking at changing my niche focus to one that isn't over saturated.

I think that is a very wise move. You will find success quicker in a more narrow and less competitive niche.

All the best,
    Angie