looking for work at home

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by mmaatt, Dec 6, 2010.

1. mmaatt

mmaatt New Member

I am looking for work from home with a company with a good better business bureau rating and/or a bbb member. Any ideas?

2. weebitty

weebitty Member

If you will look at some of the opportuntys around the forum you can check them out with the BBB. Some of them you have to go to the city that they are based out of. Do research always. There are sites like ripoffreports.com that you can go to as well. Or you can just ask questions if you find something "out there" and maybe someone has information on it or has had experience with it. Hope this helps you some [​IMG]

3. blessedathome

blessedathome New Member

Are you looking for a Job or a Online Business?

There are many company's that do hire at Home customer service reps, freelancers, virtual assistants,ect. You can do a google search and find them and like weebitty suggested do some research.

For an online business I would recommend doing the same as above and researching but if I had it to do all over again I would have started out trying a free program where I didn't invest money and take my time learning about marketing since that really is what an online business really is and then I would have invested after.

The best way I always figured out which companies I wanted to join was by doing a lot of research through the search engines, reading articles and reviews and visiting forums to ask more detailed questions about each company. I have always found that reading personal experiences and finding the common denominator in them is where the truth will be. JMHO

4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

If you research the BBB you'd find that while it's nice to see a company listed with them, using such as a the definitive gauge to join a business opportunity is not wise.

Look for a good opportunity that has a pay plan that is very rewarding for your efforts. One where it doesn't take thousands of team members to earn thousands of dolllars on a MONTHLY RESIDUAL basis.

5. BusyBee23

BusyBee23 New Member

mmaatt
    If you're someone who likes testing out a product/service before you buy, freebie trading may be for you. The Project Payday site will tell you that you won't get rich but you'll make enough to pay your bills AND they have an A+ rating on the BBB.

6. doncross

doncross New Member

mmaatt,have you found any company yet.You can try freelancing or affiliate marketing for a start.You will be glad you did.

7. villasana

villasana Member

Hi,

What type of income are you looking for, direct sales or residual income.

Regards

Luis

8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

A company that is not in the BBB, does not mean that it is not legitimate. I can tell you from my own experience that you can do well online with a company or an opportunity that is not showing up in the BBB directory.

Tal

9. danie

danie New Member

Let me put some facts up that the 4 questions work. We had one lady go from a unemployed housekeeper to six figures in a year. We have two 27 year old sixfigure earnes. We have a 22 year old never did networking just turn diamond. We have a 77 year just turned Sapphire. We have a young lady with 5 kids single mom on welfare just go Sapphire with no car. We have 5 diamonds in the month of march. It is crazy my upline turned Diamond in 5 months and he owned a contruction business before. And all they do is ask the 4 questions. The coffee business is massive stream of income and you have coffee that pays and is healthy. It is all over with the testimonials are off the hook. We have big time marketers dropping their other companies just to come ot our company and becoming Emeralds and Diamonds in a matter of months. We have no experience people becoming sapphires, rubies etc. You see the lines at Starbucks you no Mcdonalds made all there money on coffee and don't even do a hamburger commercial no more. You know subway is doing breakfast to serve coffee. Wake up and smell the coffee it is simple it is easy. Love Love it! Team Revolution

10. ecoupons

ecoupons New Member

danie: Let me put some facts up that the 4 questions work. We had one lady go from a unemployed housekeeper to six figures in a year. We have two 27 year old sixfigure earnes. We have a 22 year old never did networking just turn diamond. We have a 77 year just turned Sapphire. We have a young lady with 5 kids single mom on welfare just go Sapphire with no car. We have 5 diamonds in the month of march. It is crazy my upline turned Diamond in 5 months and he owned a contruction business before. And all they do is ask the 4 questions. The coffee business is massive stream of income and you have coffee that pays and is healthy. It is all over with the testimonials are off the hook. We have big time marketers dropping their other companies just to come ot our company and becoming Emeralds and Diamonds in a matter of months. We have no experience people becoming sapphires, rubies etc. You see the lines at Starbucks you no Mcdonalds made all there money on coffee and don't even do a hamburger commercial no more. You know subway is doing breakfast to serve coffee. Wake up and smell the coffee it is simple it is easy. Love Love it! Team Revolution

Thank you for showing us the examples that are 1 in 1 million. Your argument has been strengthened

11. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

mmaatt: I am looking for work from home with a company with a good better business bureau rating and/or a bbb member. Any ideas?

I recommend networking with the folks in this forum. I have learn't so much from being in this forum. I am sure you will find a great business opportunity that fits your niche here.

12. a4merdj777

a4merdj777 New Member

I am a work at home dad and loving it. I hope you find something like I have found. I set my own hours and work when I want around my families schedule. It is easy and fun!

Good luck in your search. Let me know if I can help you out at all.[​IMG]

13. Ron S

Ron S New Member

blessedathome: Are you looking for a Job or a Online Business?

There are many company's that do hire at Home customer service reps, freelancers, virtual assistants,ect. You can do a google search and find them and like weebitty suggested do some research.

For an online business I would recommend doing the same as above and researching but if I had it to do all over again I would have started out trying a free program where I didn't invest money and take my time learning about marketing since that really is what an online business really is and then I would have invested after.

The best way I always figured out which companies I wanted to join was by doing a lot of research through the search engines, reading articles and reviews and visiting forums to ask more detailed questions about each company. I have always found that reading personal experiences and finding the common denominator in them is where the truth will be. JMHO
    I agree with Blessedathome - do a lot of research before you get started. I have gone through such a painful searching process and found online business opportunity seekers and online business learners need a good unbias guide so that you can start your online business journey without wasting so much time exploring many rubbish sites or mislead by those called themselves "guru" but leading you to loss instead of earning an extra income through the internet.

14. villasana

villasana Member

Hello mmaatt

Did you found your business, tell us how are your doing with it

Regards
    Luis Villasana

15. freedomproject

freedomproject New Member

Hi matt? what kind of job are you looking for?

16. DAPPA

DAPPA New Member

Hey I am also trying to find a home based business for myself. I don't want to do just anything but something I will like doing. I don't like soliciting people to purchase or sign up for things, I don't like chasing people at all. What type of legitimate home based business would suit a personality like mine. Can someone give me a link to legitimate home based business. I am trying not TO WASTE MY TIME WITH THE SCAM websites and the things yhat pay little to nothing for long hours of work. Can someone help me out?

17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

DAPPA: It sounds like you are going to be best suited building your own home based business rather than "joining" a business. I'm of a very similar personality in that I don't like "selling" or "chasing" people either.

A few years ago I discovered that you can build a home based online business about something YOU enjoy and if you do it correctly, you have interested visitors finding YOU. You don't even have to talk to them or deal with picking/packing/shipping products. If you choose affiliate marketing as your monetization model, that is all taken care of for you.

The idea is that you build a theme based website full of quality content on a particular subject that you know and love. You do keyword research to find the exact phrases people are using to search "Google" information related to your theme/topic.

You then write information based on each of those phrases that have a high demand (lots of searchers) and low supply (much less competing websites). As time progresses, the search engines will list your website closer and closer to the top of the search results so that interested people find your website (without you having to pay for advertising).

Then it is all a matter of monetizing. You can sell your own products if you like (digital or hard goods), but you can also recommend other people's products (affiliate marketing) and earn commissions on any sales generated through your referrals.

You can also allow Google to place ads on your site and earn money when your visitors happen to click on those ads (whether they buy anything or not).

Here's an example: I happen to love chocolate (a bit too much, I'm afraid). [​IMG] My very first website I decided to build around chocolate candy. You can view it at chocolate-candy-mall (dot) com to get an idea of what I mean.

I don't actually sell any chocolate or candy making products myself, but I earn money through the methods mentioned above.

I have since gone on to build several websites on different subjects of interest to me. It's not a get rich quick process. You have to put the time and effort in building a good foundation to your website before you will begin to see ever growing results.

Don't worry if you don't know how to build a website, etc. I had no idea either. There are excellent programs that take you by the hand and lead you step by step through the entire process.

I absolutely love doing what I do and am so glad I learned this method of building a legitimate home based business. Perhaps this will be the answer for you, too.

Blessings,
    Angie

18. Gee

Gee New Member

I have found that "word of mouth" works best for me. I look the business up on google by typing the name of the business and adding the term "reviews" after it. You can't use entirely the opinions of others to guide you, BUT if there's a large number from others who provide specifics, and there's a large number, you might be cautious, ESPECIALLY if they want you to PAY for giving you a job!

19. Gee

Gee New Member

Anyone heard about the "posting of websites" as a good opportunity? It seems not to pay as much per site, BUT if you have a large number of hours you can make $75-100 per day. Simple but productive - IF you have the time! I'm still looking..

20. Gee

Gee New Member

Hi Angie!

Thanks for your effort AND your knowledge. You seem to be a veteran of the "work at home wars".. Can I ask just how you constructed your own website? I'm looking to put together a mentoring website, have the experience, but not the technological expertise.. Your input would be appreciated..