Low Search Results Can Be a Goldmine

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by robinincarolina, Feb 6, 2012.

1. robinincarolina Silver Member

Often we disregard keywords with low search results. There is an exception to this rule that I would like to point out. It may get low search results now, but that doesn't mean a year from now it won't be out the roof.

Take new products that come out. When they are first launched, only those on the list know about it. As it grows though, and becomes branded and well known the search results increase over time. I have seen this happen in my own business over and over again.

I have a few vendors that just keep doing this. They are excellent at branding themselves and the product. I get in as soon as they launch the product and launch my own mini campaign, with the unheard product as a keyword. It may sit for months, but it begins to grow. A product that earned me under $100 a year ago, may earn me $1000 a month now.

Two years ago I could search my own name and get zero results. Now I have 73 searches a month for it. As I brand myself more and more, who knows, my name could get thousands of searches alone per month.

Think ahead, you might be surprised.
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Years ago, when I did a search for my name on Google, I would get maybe 10-30 results.

Today, I did a search and have over 40,000 results. That is cool as to how many sites have me in it.
  3. robinincarolina Silver Member

Put your name in the adwords tool and track it there. Yes when I put it in Google directly mine is over 2 million without parenthesis, with them it's over 17,000. Just goes to show how things can grow.
  4. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

That's a good strategy Robin! However, the only shortcoming is that you have to have many websites. You see, not all that you create might become successful.
  5. robinincarolina Silver Member

I pop up a Squidoo lens as opposed to websites. Write a few articles to create backlinks and let it be. I check my dashboard on Squidoo regularly and if I see one begin to get traffic, I pull it up, tweak it for keywords bringing traffic, ping it, let it go again. Takes about 5 minutes, so I am okay with the multiple sites. The ones that stay dormant, I ignore for the most part.

It also has helped me to follow those that create products that always seem to turn to gold. In my niche, there are a few that are brilliant marketers and know how to brand themselves.
  6. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Thanks for the Squidoo tip Robin. Yes that makes sense rather than having to create a separate website for each product.