Magnetic car signs -what to say?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by Judy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Judy

Judy New Member

Hello,
    Well I'm getting back into the game and have found a good friend to help me with the stuff I can't do due to my full-time JOB. We want to put signs on our vehicles but make it as cost effective as possible.
    Just wondering what other people say to advertise and how many use car signs. I was thinking of just saying TRAVEL/MONEY/TIME FREEDOM and then have my website on the second line.
    I want to get this done a.s.a.p so any suggestions would be great.
    Oh and Happy New Year everyone.

2. victorious

victorious New Member

I think that sounds great, Judy. A huge part of your car magnet is the design; if it looks good and professional, with a palm tree or a beach image with those words and your website it will work.

I would suggest you put very short and attractive domain, something easy to remember and make the fonts as big as possible.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

It is a good idea if you travel a lot

4. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Keep it short and snappy, people have got to be able to rememeber it because when traveling you may only catch it at a glance, and from that it has to stick in your head.

Great idea

5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

The most important thing is to have a catchy domain name. Its got to be something that someone will remember going 50 miles per hour. If it sticks in their head then they will be sure to go take a look. I think that having a splash page would be the best. You can tell a bit about the business to entice them and be sure to have a web capture form there. Id offer a vacations just for them giving their info and have them redirected to your Coastal website after filling in the info.

There are many places to get splash pages made and if you need some help let me know as Ive gotten good at creating them.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]

6. Judy

Judy New Member

Thanks for the advice on the shorter domain. When I joined I was told by my director to not put travel or Coastal in my domain name so that people would have to opt-in to find out about it. What is your advice on this as I look to find a name to describe the opportunity that is not as long as the one I chose.

7. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Judy,
    I think there is nothing wrong with having Coastal in your domain. It actually helps in google searches but everyone has their opinion on what works. The domains I use are all .com or .net and my 2 main ones are vacationforwealth and familiesonvacation. They are easy to remember and I get hits to familiesonvacation from people who have never seen any ads I do for that domain. We can brainstorm later when I talk to you.

8. victorious

victorious New Member

Easy to read, use ARIAL or TAHOMA, don't pay with weird looking fonts, very important!!

I saw an ad in a car the other day and I could've almost got in a reck trying to read their website due to the nice but hard to read font. LOL!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

You can pick something like fire-your-boss or Free-to-roam as your domain and that way it will catch the eye plus be the website - one line ads are easy to remember... We are a curious species so if you can think of something that sparks curiosity, they will go look[​IMG]

10. tmvmediaworks

tmvmediaworks New Member

kiss! keep it simple. I 've used car advertising and it works! I used to drive into morning traffic jams for the exposure.

Try:
    I make money from home,
    You can Too!
    your website

this creates curiosity and it's short and to the point. You literally have a second or two to capture their attention.

Good luck

11. MPBDiamond

MPBDiamond New Member

I disagree with putting a domain name on a car sign.

Most people will have a cell phone and call immediately if you use a phone number instead. We use google voice, which is free and the voice mail directs them to a website. This way they have the number programmed in their phone and can call back if they are interested in checking out the website.

Ours says:

My Gas and Groceries are Free Yours can
    be to! 24 hour info line: 404-590-7213

I think it is important to use words 24 hour info line somewhere,
    or 24 hour recorded message. That way people are not afraid they are going to call a number and have someone try to sell them something on the other end of the phone. When can park in a grocery store for 8 hours and receive 30-40 calls.