Make Money with Facebook

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by babo2708, Aug 22, 2010.

1. babo2708

babo2708 New Member

Does anybody know how to make money with Facebook?

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You basically add your own links to it and when someone clicks on them and buys what ever you are selling, then you will make sales.

3. selfpaid

selfpaid New Member

If you are creative, you could make a fan page or group based around something interesting and every so often post a CPA offer or email sumbit. I've read a few blogs about people who've done this with some success.

4. joycelaura

joycelaura New Member

I heard of such things, but i can imagine it's not that easy as it sounds, some effort is needed.

5. babo2708

babo2708 New Member

Does any1 heard of CloudCrowd (CC)?
    I am addicted to CC[​IMG] and I am earning 20$/h by editing English documents

6. yahia

yahia Member

No never heard of it, sounds like a job.

Back to facebook.

Yes it's a lot of work, but it's more planning than work as you can outsource what you don't have time to do.

One of the best plans to use facebook is to first have your own blog. Have your logo professionally designed and use it together with your blog name to sign up for a new facebook account.

Build a fan page if you like, but most importantly start a group.

Build a list on your blog, and during the sign up process (experiment with this on the form, thank you page, confirmation page, your first email ... etc.) put the group invitation button. When they click it they will be asked to sign up to their facebook accounts and there they'll have the option to be friends with you as well.

In your email series, as well as on your blog, invite them to join your group. This is way better than just having them on your list. Here is why:

People now spend more time on facebook than checking their emails.

And when you send your group a message it also goes to their email inboxes. It'll have more chances to be seen and read.

Last, and this is huge, they can help you spread the word virally as part of your communications will show on the walls of some of them, or by directly inviting their friends to join the group if they see the value in your communications.

Every time you have something new to say, first write about it on your blog, then post on your wall about the new blog post. To make sure your group members got it send them a message from your facebook account.

How this translates into money is another story, about picking up the right product and your copy writing.

What not to do on facebook:

Don't treat it like your own personal account. You are now a business, an authority. Discussing your personal life will wipe out this image.

Unless your niche is really personal, like a certain weight loss product that you used and recommend on your blog, stay away from personal issues.

You can complement and sympathize with your group members, but you don't want the same from them for two main reasons:

1. You want to maintain your authority figure. It's your credibility that will be affected.
    2. You don't want to spend your valuable time interacting with each one on your virally growing group individually. Don't open this door and you'll have the freedom to outsource the whole process and focus on what makes you money.

That's it for this plan. Fan pages is a different story and it needs another post on its own.

I almost forgot. It's not my plan originally. The credit should go to Chris Farrel as I got the groups idea from one of his videos.

7. HomeIncome30

HomeIncome30 New Member

talfighel: You basically add your own links to it and when someone clicks on them and buys what ever you are selling, then you will make sales.

Just have to be careful it doesn't become spammish.

Also, direct affiliate links to some sites (eBay comes to mind) can get you banned from the affiliate program. eBay demands links to them must be from a website you own. FB, MS, eBlogger, and others do not qualify.

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Let me share in short what I learned about a proven way to market on face book and make money.

If you understand that facebook can give you the reverse effect of capture page, list building then you can make it work.

What you can do on facebook is create your list and then share what you have to offer.

Facebook has all sort of people with all sorts of groups.

What you do is you go and befriend those people and groups that fall into the category of what you are planning to market don't try selling ice to eskimos, or befriending eskimos to sell them ice, if you get my point.

You then simply consistently promote via just regular post info about what you are offering.

If done right you will max out you facebook friends list with 5K friends, which would be 5k names on a list, and you would consistently post, Not email your stuff like spam, or send them disruptive chat message, and people will see it and take interest because you have established a friends (list) network of people that would ideally have an interest in what you offer. When one of your new found friends is interested they will email you or opt into a site for more info.

Someone I know has done this and has built a thrive and profitable network marketing organization in 6m to a year that is making him 5 figures a month. My team is now getting into this. Others are selling whatever products and services, similar things can be done with fanpages.

The key is you go out and build your list not with a bunch of old high school, college buddies, but like minded people and then share you stuff.

However, you can't just go into facebook like some robot and just get friends and then post, get friends and then post. You've got to do other things on facebook, in the mist of that, so that you look and act like a real human being to facebook. If you do that you won't have a problem and in due course make plenty of money with facebook.

9. andreadl

andreadl New Member

I have set up FB pages for both of the websites I manage. We give away different samples weekly, do a 'Daily Deal' so on one day a week a certain product is sold at a heavily discounted price soley to FB & Twitter fans.
    We have also done competitions in association with other Facebook pagesthat have fans who may be interested in our products.
    Our fanbase is still small, but is climbing slowly not that we have theseregular promotions in place.

GetPaidNowww likes this.
  10. mogulmedia

mogulmedia New Member

I think building friends up naturally is the best bet then when you have a few hundred minimum randomly post your links, but don't overdo it!

11. yahia

yahia Member

mogulmedia: I think building friends up naturally is the best bet then when you have a few hundred minimum randomly post your links, but don't overdo it!
    But this way you'll have to deal with them as friends one by one and be super nice to them all the time. This alone is a full time job if you have a few hundred friends.

On the other hand, if you set up your account as a business you'll be treated as such. No one expects a lot of personal interaction from a business, at the same time it's expected and accepted to be promotional all of the time.

robinincarolina likes this.
  12. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

The best ways to make money with facebook involve not directly making money but using it as a tool to develop relationships and to drive traffic to your website.

Some methods that work well include:

Creating a fan page and offering valuable content
    Running a contest
    Sharing videos and blog posts with an offer.

SandraGJ likes this.
  13. bbray95

bbray95 New Member

i Have a facebook account. Ill have to give this a try for sure!

14. dwaynephelps

dwaynephelps New Member

I have been doing a lot of cpa offers for freebies and social offers.

Advertising on their is costing me about .09 per click, also been setting up fan pages for separate offers and adding about 20 to 30 fans daily on them each.

And messaging content about the offers a couple times a week.

2 weeks in we were averaging about $90 a day...

15. laurajack1014

laurajack1014 New Member

Wow guys thank you so much. I am looking into this. I do have facebook page for my business but haven't been able to get the success I am looking for. I also just started blogging and seeing where that gets me thanks again [​IMG]

16. wazzat61

wazzat61 New Member

With Facebook, it's not all about selling to people. Facebook isnt Google, and you cant go blatantly trying to sell anything to anyone, as you will be seen as someone not to be trusted. Using Facebook to build yourself a business takes a lot of time, it takes a lot of interacting with your fans, and friends. You need to create trust and build a relationship before you try and sell anything to anyone. Think of it like you were at a party and were introduced to new people who were friends of friends, you dont blurt out to someone you've just met, "Do you want to buy some dog training products?" No, you need to build the relationship, and develop trust

murdhar_rathore likes this.
  17. darkwizgemz

darkwizgemz New Member

Facebook is making THOUSANDS of people
    Wealthy... and it's up to us to employ it properly.

18. ajenda

ajenda New Member

babo2708
    I have been using FB PPC for a while now and it has made me a lot of money. CPC is good for beginers because it requires less maintence. CPM can get you low-cost clicks but needs to be monitered more. When you first get started you might find it is hard to get facebook to approve your ads but as long as you make sure your ad is relevant to the product then you won't have too many problems. I have gotten clicks as low as zero cents.

19. sanchita_naskar

sanchita_naskar New Member

i have registered myself at palmresearch but I am unable to go for a survey. They asked for 'postcode'. I am not getting what is this postcode.

20. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Some great info here! I'm just going to give what I'm doing to make money using facebook. First I setup a niche website! Then I got some fan using fb ads. Once I did that I posted some pictures of the niche and I gave some great info. And about once every three days I'll post and amazon product with my affiliate link. I have made a couple of sale using this method. Goal is to build about 100 of these fanpages that's niche focused.