Making money mailing postcards

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by janice, Apr 28, 2009.

1. janice

janice New Member

I received information about how I can make
    money mailing postcards. I get all the supplies from them. Anyone made money doing
    this?

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Janice,

Typically, that sort of offer tends to be a scam.

I don't know any details about that particular one, but I for one wouldn't give it any consideration.

Be extra suspicious if they require payment for the cards.

If being an administrative assistant sounds appealing to you, then I suggest you check into trusted outsourcing outfits such as Elance. Else, consider applying for a traditional position.

Be careful,

~Newbie Shield~

3. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Sounds like the same methods they use for stuffing envelopes. I was stupid and tried that and thought it was working until I received a copy of my letter and figured out that is how I got more is to put the order with whoever in the group sends me an application to get more envelopes once I run out. Then everyone who has signed up just sends everyone the same thing mailing them to the same people.

Take NS advice and be cautious.

I personally would go and find something else a little more solid.

4. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

You won't make any money mailing postcards. You can
    make money when a recipient of a postcard responds to
    your offer.

I know there are some postcard marketing "systems" going
    around.... all Fax broadcasting systems... you should be skeptical
    because as far as I can tell most of these are just geared
    to selling the same system to saturation point... you can
    actually learn a lot about Postcard marketing from sources
    like Dan Kennedy's Magnetic Marketing System - not expensive
    and will kick-butt over most other offline marketing material
    you will run across, because it is "System" oriented.

You can lose a lot of money with direct mail if you don't know
    how it works. Be cautious and prepare well. Good direct
    mail marketers may produce 100 ideas for products to
    market and only follow-through with 1 or 2 - demonstrating
    how discerning the real pros are.

I would not easily buy anybody's claim of a "proven system" -
    again, such things are peddled-off because they are
    either recycled and derivative of older direct marketing
    material or they are just starting to not make money anymore
    so the promoter is milking the product by licensing it out
    to network marketing people.

This may seem cynical, but I've been around and I've
    done direct mail on and off for years. 95% of bizop
    direct mail stuff is smoke and mirrors and will have you
    losing money.

If you want the real wisdom get "The Lazy Man's Way to
    Riches" - most DM bizop stuff is just a ripoff of the salesletter
    for it. Ben Suarez's book "7 Steps to Freedom 2" is also
    a way to understand how it really works. Learn from
    the best and you'll be way ahead of the curve and probably
    not throw your money away on dumb stuff.

5. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

malibumentor: You won't make any money mailing postcards. You can
    make money when a recipient of a postcard responds to
    your offer.
    Thanks for clarifying that. isnt this similar to stuffing envelops?
    If anyone knows a good website that promotes stuffing envelops, i would like to
    know.

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

newbiz02: isnt this similar to stuffing envelops?
    Hi Newbiz,

Yep.

newbiz02: If anyone knows a good website that promotes stuffing envelops, i would like to
    know.
    I doubt that you'll find one and I wouldn't waste my time looking.

~Newbie Shield~

7. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i have found many business like that. and all of them need me to pay a fee to them.

8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

gridellas: I was stupid and tried that
    ... And I was stupid enough to try it TWICE. I guess some of us learn best the hard way. You lose a lot of money,too, as stamps cost money. [​IMG]

9. markross

markross New Member

Wow, you guys REALLY are some cynical people here. I have seen all kinds of great mail order programs that DO WORK. As a matter of fact, I am making money with one now. I also know of the best sources for these things, so maybe that makes me biased.

10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know what everyone else experiences are, or what opportunity the author of this thread is referring to, but I'm enjoying and making money with postcard marketing and its concept.

Combining offline marketing (direct mail) with online marketing makes a ton of sense. Anyone saying otherwise, is just not up to par on full scale marketing strategies.

Let me put it this way. Everyone of you are still, in this internet age, getting direct mail from companies marketing their goods and services, etc. WHY! Because it works. To some degree it works better to drive traffic than online marketing.

Now the problem, just like with internet marketing, or really any business, people think they can just get in something and instantly make good money. It happens, but it's about applying a consistent marketing game plan for success. Most that do this find away to succeed, but most don't do that they walk away trying to place blame elsewhere but themselves.

21 years, as an entrepreneur, has taught me that there are more failures in biz opportunities, marketing emotional based products like juice and vitamins, than there are in marketing educational "how to" type products, with more challenging marketing strategies for people to be successful. (Sad part is I didn't know this the past 21 years, or I'd likely be very well off financially).

So to the extent someone can say postcard marketing doesn't work is the same as people that come on this forum crying about how internet marketing does not work. We know that's a lie, but is everyone succeeding at internet marketing of their products (affiliate products) no, does everyone have the potential? To some degree yes.

They both work, people, self-included, are making money doing it, but most don't understand the dynamics of what it takes to be successful and it is instant gratification (notwithstanding poor marketing education and desperation) that is failing people.

Postcard marketing offers the simplest, and easiest marketing system for anyone to do to build a successful business. And in many cases it is way cheaper than paid online marketing. But more so, there's no learning curve of significance, and those that follow in the business don't have to worry about not having a marketing game plan that they can follow, and those they introduce can follow, to have a legitimate opportunity to be successful.

There are other things about postcard marketing that are essential for success with it, but don't be foolish to think that direct mail marketing doesn't work when corporate America is still fully engaged in it, along with their online marketing strategies.

11. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Yep, if it advertises quick and easy money, its not what it claims to be - you are not going to make money without hard work and effort. Period.

12. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

I know there is one particular postcard mailing site that states the person made $50,000 per month. I don't doubt that they did but their ad copy says to buy their program with no hint to a person that it is not as simple as mailing post cards. You need to have a product. You may need to ship this product. You may need an 800 number or an answering service.

When I looked up this person on the BBB, their BBB rating is an F.

I know that postcard marketing can work but it definitely is not as easy just shipping out the cards and watching the money roll in.

So people must be cautious about sites promising riches by simply mailing a postcard.

13. FreeCashMan

Depending on what you are marketing depends on the incidentals you are referencing, but what I think you may be miss communicating is that cost of the sell of the product covers those things.

Direct mail marketing has been around and established before the internet craze so there is no basis to knock it at all. As already noted there really isn't any business that has some magical power to give everyone massive cash-flow instantly but the thing is finding an opportunity (s) that has a system in which one can build a successful cash flowing business.

I'm not here to vouch for the guy with the "I made $50K mailing postcards" but what I do want to dispel is the notion that the BBB is the criteria for validating a business opportunity. It is not, especially since the rise of internet community communication portals.

You typically can get more legitimate feedback online in forums like these than what you would get from the BBB or similar type sources. Personally, I think for the average business you would be unwise to pay the BBB a monthly fee just to give them the right to collect complaints that people may have. The BBB lacks, as do many other similar sources, a drive to get good feedback as they do negative feedback.

14. yasser

yasser New Member

I never tried this mailing postcards business before..But it sounds like a scam for me..Anyway, do more research and never pay for getting a job.

15. w145111

w145111 New Member

Could you tell me what program that you are talking about that you are make money at now.

16. FreeCashMan

w145111, I'm making money in primary business opportunities, and building growing monthly residual income. This is a result of consistent marketing, and "doing the do".

As Les Brown said, "It works if you work it"
    I share what I do with other team members so they can succeed, but I can't make one drink even if I bring them a glass of water. I'm not into "waterboarding" tactics. LOL.

17. xworkathome

xworkathome New Member

janice: I received information about how I can make money mailing postcards. I get all the supplies from them. Anyone made money doingthis?
    Making money mailing postards usually means that you will be paid according to the sales you are making mailing those postards.

Also keep in mind that most of these programs have a 1 to 2% response rate, so if you mail 1000 postcards and it costs you $400 but you only get 10 $20 sales (total $200), you are actually losing money.

18. chewyojn

chewyojn New Member

Yep, I have seen offer like that but the ones I have tried never paned out.

19. Interesting,

I have used post cards and direct mail, and just like all marketing via any medium, mail or online, it all comes down to one thing, product or service. Given the fact email blasts are almost all being blocked these days, I see a huge drop off in emails getting through to my inbox, so it only reasons people are searching for alternative methods of marketing, so it is back to the future. lol

Post cards are becoming popular again as I didn't recieve any for years, and now almost every day I get a post card promoting an income opportunity. PeopleString and Smartz Systems seem to be the hottest post card deals hitting my mailbox lately, so who knows, maybe this is worth checking out again. lol

The one thing I did learn with post cards is they have an uncanny sticking power. I know I put them aside to look into them later as I research everything, but I remember post card mailings I did and six months later I would get a call on a card sent long ago, so talk about sticking power, post cards work with the right product or service.

Good luck,

20. residualcash

residualcash New Member

The great thing about postcard market is that it real easy for others to duplicate.

Using multiple strategies to drive traffic to your website that include online and offline only makes sense. It is often the difference between those that make money online and those that don't.