Making money mailing postcards

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by janice, Apr 28, 2009.

1. 1stchoice

1stchoice New Member

I have made money with postcard marketing for the last ten years. It does work and works better than email marketing if you have a great postcard that gets attention and a great product.

Thanks,
    William

2. residualcash: The great thing about postcard market is that it real easy for others to duplicate.
    Exactly,

The one thing you cannot have your people do easily when it comes to internet marketing is to duplicate. I developed strategies which gets my web sites on top of Google in less than one month in most cases, but it would be impossible to teach my people this strategy as it is a moving target, you have to stay on top of SEO industry on a regular basis.

Email marketing is dying fast with most servers being blocked which are know for bulk email, and trying to do it yourself could shut down your server along with web site, so most cannot duplicate this old marketing strategy either. Postcards are back to basics, everyone can do it, and everyone can duplicate, so as I see this industry booming again, it is obvious it is working better than the internet is now.

I know I see my results far more cost effective and productive than my previous online efforts, PPC, SEO and email marketing, and with the ease in which you can design your own custom postcards now online, pull up lists, targeted or not, plus the turnkey mailing systems where even the printing of addresses and stamps being placed on cards, this is the future of direct marketing as I see it. My results have been amazing, and given the postcard system is in itself another income stream business opportunity, you can started for next to nothing out of pocket.

Success to all,

3. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

FREEBUSINESSES: My results have been amazing, and given the postcard system is in itself another income stream business opportunity, you can started for next to nothing out of pocket.
    Don't you have to pay the mailing cost for each postcard of $.28?

$28 for 100

$280 for 1000.

4. TJamMoneyMan: Don't you have to pay the mailing cost for each postcard of $.28?

$28 for 100

$280 for 1000.
    Good question,

Yes, postage is another expense, but the results offset all costs in almost all campaigns, so like all advertising, it takes money to make money. All I am saying is what I was spending on PPC no longer was producing the same results as they once did, so as I am always looking for the most cost effective media which also pulls customers, postcards work for my businesses.

Between postcards and YouTube-Zoom, I see a total transition taking place from email and PPC marketing to old school direct marketing and the newest, social media with YouTube video marketing. PPC is dying fast, and Google knows it or they wouldn't have paid billions for YouTube. lol

Success to all,

5. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Well-Known Member

FREEBUSINESSES

Just trying to get an idea of your concept here of 'next to nothing' in cost!

However, I think we digress.
    This thread is apparently about an 'offer' of making money mailing postcards, getting all the 'supplies'.
    Some 'great low price' no doubt.

We on the other hand are now talking about using PC's to advertise legit biz offers, no?

But yes, it seems that marketing methods do change, even while remaining the same after all!

I am also hearing about the effectiveness of things like biz cards and flyers.
    That more recruits come from offline than online!

I don't know if this is the 'sucker' factor or not though.
    I would think most OFFline contacts are not as aware of ONline businesses compared to contacts gotten ONline.

A more HYPE-believing group I suspect.

Not proven, just suspicion and speculation...

6. gingerva

gingerva Guest

newbiz02
    ha ha too funny...would be a great gig, wouldn't it? Getting rich doing nothing [​IMG]

Love your humor!

In direct mail marketing the National average for people who will call you back without any follow up is 1%. So the question is how much money do you want to spend with a ROI of 1%?

Ginger Hogue

7. emma2020

emma2020 New Member

Hi,

I know someone who started this. The information was free at the beginning. Then they send it to you asking for 25.00 and then they do send you the info but they are from individual companies who require yet more money

I would think its a scam but you never know

Emma x

8. vinnyqua

vinnyqua New Member

You always want to be careful what you jump onto.. I would do a google search for a review first or look for it on here.

Vincenzo Milanese

9. cdl123

cdl123 New Member

Postcard mailings are very costly. I've done them in the past with no results.

10. wesmoney

wesmoney New Member

janice
    BEWARE! Listen to the posts....it does sound like the envelope stuffing scam that has been around for years. I tried it - and didn't make a dime. [​IMG]

11. Elur MLM

Elur MLM New Member

Personally, I don't believe in making money this way...

12. AllenMass

AllenMass New Member

Interesting,

I have used post cards and direct mail, and just like all marketing via any medium, mail or online, it all comes down to one thing, product or service. Penny stocks are most closely associated with pump and dump schemes, where stocks are brought in bulk by stock speculators and a massive campaign to promote the stock starts, jacking up the price of the stock.

13. jlbear21

jlbear21 New Member

I have to agree that postcard marketing is effective - I use it in my business (along with many of the other reps in my company) and we see great results from it, when it's done correctly.

What I don't like about the 'money making opportunity' with these supposively great post card mailing gigs, is I've never seen an actual product involved. The last post card gig I researched (the name of it escapes me), all it pulled up was biased reviews from people most likely involved in it.

I can't personally say anything against it because my company is always under attack by people who think we're a scam because they don't understand some things.

If you enjoy it, make money doing it and it's legal, by all means go for it.

14. AllenMass

AllenMass New Member

Penny stocks are most closely associated with pump and dump schemes, where stocks are brought in bulk by stock speculators and a massive campaign to promote the stock starts, jacking up the price of the stock.

15. Kelog

Kelog New Member

markross
    [​IMG]Mark Ross, can you send some of your Postcard infor my way? thanks and Merry Christmas 2011
    [email protected]

16. jessicasilverma

jessicasilverma New Member

i heard alex mandossian has a good course on this

17. Making money sending out postcards sounds a bit fishy to me. I'd be very careful about this one. [​IMG]

18. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

If you're offering something that people want, a postcard is a great way to get the word out. One variation is to call people and ask if you can send them a coupon for something free or cheap. You get their permission to send the card and then you get them to come and buy from you.

19. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I am in the process of trying postcards. I will post my results. I know it is a slower process but I have been wanting to try it for awhile and it doesn't take as much time as online marketing. I am going to try it for at least six months which I feel is a reasonable time to monitor results.

20. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

Direct mail marketing does work. However, I prefer letting the experts put together the verbage on the postcards and only use quality leads to mail to. I would not presume to know which verbage works the best to make a person really read a postcard. I am already earning commissions with a co. doing postcard marketing but they have come in before my postcards went out because I also work this business with my online contacts. Best of both worlds!

Direct mail also works when you are already in a business. I get a catalog and a magazine every month from my primary business. They are very professional and work. These are sent by the company as follow ups. I can turn around and order online rather than calling the 800 number on the catalog, so you can use the best of both worlds.