Many Americans Won't Be Able to Retire Until Their 80s Per New Study

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by FreeCashMan, Jun 20, 2011.

1. FreeCashMan Active Member

"According to a new report, many Americans will have to work into their 80s before being able to retire. The lower your income, the longer you'll have to work. Those making 11,700 or less, will have a 50% chance of retiring by 84. Those making $72,500 and up will have a 50 percent chance of retiring at age 65."

What was crazy about this report to me was that $11,700 a year was a freaking category of determination.

America ain't what it was and will not be returning to its former self. People that are not taking establishing and prospering in a home business be it affiliate or mlm have a rude awaken. Overcome your challenges and get about the business of manifesting success. It's better to work at it for a year and create success then to quit and sit back and hope that some relief is going to come from some magical place that is unknown.

Check out this Fox News Station video on Many Americans Won't Be Able to Retire Until Their 80s:
    http://youtu.be/cezUfjGesLY
  2. Stephen Hanover New Member

There are those whose sturdy health and optimistic outlook enables the maintenance of a relatively rigorous schedule until 80 years of age, but obesity, diabetes, joint decay, brain atrophy ... well, you get the idea--will place a lot of desperate elderly workers in a bad place for a competitive work environment. Part time work will enable some income, but no health benefits when they are needed most.

Thanks for the heads up. It confirms other demographic observations although my crystal ball is not clear, and various demographic groups are more optimistic about the future than white males, the lowest in mood in the US per another survey. In any event, yesterday was the time to prepare for tomorrow.
  3. yahia Member

This is really disturbing, and not only in the US.

And even with a business, things are not the same and are changing in a way that makes it impossible to predict an age for retirement.
  4. Just2EZ Gold Member

Retirement can kill you anyway so why not get busy doing something you love (that pays).
    I know guys in their 80s who still work because they love what they do.
    Most of them "retired" long ago and still have plenty of money.
    More millionaires are created in "bad times" than "good times."
    Change your outlook and change the world, create the good.
    or cry "whoa is me", it's up to you.

Row, row, row your boat, or drift gently down the drain.