Many Click throughs but no sales, what do you think could be the problem

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by showmestate, Mar 6, 2009.

1. showmestate New Member

Hi All,

I've been promoting a few clickbank products, trying to figure out the one best for me. I'm working off the Bum Marketing and Profit Lance way of doing things as well as a couple others. Getting the traffic is not really my issue. I'm using SEO, writing articles, squidoo and usfreeads. The products I'm promoting are products that have been around for years and have over. One has gravity around 200 another 73, both are doing very well in CBANALYTICS.
    I have a few more I'm playing with but getting the same results.

What would you think is the problem? I've been promoting the products for four weeks, not a single sale.

Thanks
  2. getagrip Gold Member

Its hard to say, as it could be a number of things. Sometimes, you can get traffic, but your traffic isn't targeted. Or, your website doesn't convert because your sales copy isn't good. Are you willing to share your url? It would be easier to evaluate why your traffic isn't converting if we could see your website.
  3. showmestate New Member

Sure, can I post it here?
  4. showmestate New Member

I just PM'd you two of the products, I've been working on. The first has been for about a month. I have other products as well.
    But, maybe, I'm doing something greatly wrong, that will probably fix the others.

Thanks again for your assistance.
  5. cherie27 New Member

Then it must be your sales copy. It is not powerful to get people to buy from you.
  6. thebart New Member

I agree, smells like a sales copy issue. There are tons of sales copies out there to review. See what one bring you in and emulate that style of writing to drive the final sale.
  7. showmestate New Member

Thank you for your comments, but I'm not totally understanding which sales copy you're referring to. Is it my page or the sales copy of the actual product? I was getting the people to click out to the product, however, they weren't buying.
    The deal is, the product(s) in question are products that have high gravity and appear to be doing very well.

Thanks
  8. thebart New Member

Does your landing page match up exactly with the niche product that you are selling. If the product has high grav is high, the assumption can be made that the sales copy might be ok, however if you are delivering traffic that doesnt like up exactly with what the sales copy is written for you are going to have people balking left and right.
  9. samda Member

There are number of facts you must consider.

1) Targeted audience
    2) Right product. But atleast right product to right audience(Targetness).
    3) Landing page conversion ratio.
    4) Saturation - A gravity of 200+ from CB may be a saturated product.

These are just the guidelines and could be leveraged to great heights.

Sam
  10. Newbie Shield Gold Member

showmestate: but I'm not totally understanding which sales copy you're referring to. Is it my page
    or the sales copy of the actual product? I was getting the people to click out to the product, however, they weren't buying.
    The deal is, the product(s) in question are products that have high gravity and appear to be doing very well.
    Hi Show,

In that case, it may be the copy on your landing page.

In that regard, it could be any number of things and is difficult to pin down.

1. Appearance

2. Usability

3. Copy

4. Authority and trust

5. Relevance

6. Something else

Look at your landing page and consider each of the above. Is there any room for improvement? If so, consider making some changes.

Furthermore, it could be something off-page. Hard to say.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~
  11. samda Member

Newbie Shield: Hi Show,

In that case, it may be the copy on your landing page.

In that regard, it could be any number of things and is difficult to pin down.

1. Appearance

2. Usability

3. Copy

4. Authority and trust

5. Relevance

6. Something else

Look at your landing page and consider each of the above. Is there any room for improvement? If so, consider making some changes.

Furthermore, it could be something off-page. Hard to say.

Good luck,

~Newbie Shield~

Hey NS, I think he is promoting another merchants product. So I fee he will not be able to do any thing that is with the on page i.e., quality of landing page. We can only deal with off page factors in this case...

Sam
  12. SovereignWealth New Member

Hi Show,

Have you looked into what your competition / other affiliates are doing to sell the same products?

Often times the affiliates that are selling the majority of Clickbank products (I mean really the Lions Share) are offering some sort of bonus if the customer purchases through their affiliate link.

Come up with a short report (10-pages or so) that relates to the product in some way ( or perhaps can be offered as a companion guide to the product) and offer it as a giveaway if your visitors purchase through your link.

Another method would be instead of sending them to the sales page immediately, put them through a squeeze page, and start an opt-in list by giving away a report, mind map or video of some sort.

Now you have their emails and you can send them a series of emails preselling them and offering them great content.

Using either one of these methods should help you gain many more affiliate sales.

To your success,

Mike
  13. malibumentor New Member

Clickbank has been screwing affiliates for months - and
    many are leaving. It could be you ARE making sales but
    not getting the credit.

Truth is the affiliate business model is flawed - if you are
    not standing in between the customer and the vendor
    and building your own list of prospects that is an error -
    you throw away much effort by not doing so - and while
    you may have a "money maker" it is not the same as
    having your own business.
  14. newbiz02 New Member

can we get some feedback on this issue?
    did you find the problem yet?
  15. jaesun16 New Member

Hi,[IMG]

Everyone at least once has same problem with you!!

Don't worry, as long as you have niche products, you will be

all right. Keep working hard, if results are still bad,

You may need to change following ..

1. Target markets.

2. Quality of contents on your website

3. Change product

4. Do twice more work on your products

5. Spend some money for investment(google adwards)[IMG]

Consistency on work can be paid out, and survive in affiliate

marketing world[IMG]

Good luck to you~

Happy day~^^[IMG]
  16. garygoh New Member

Hi jaesun16

Just wondering how long do you take to promote a niche before you decide to give it up?