Marketing a home business opportunity on facebook

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mbasa, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mbasa

mbasa Member

Mine is more of an observation than a question, although input is highly appreciated.

I tried to advertise a facebook page once linked to a website I owned about starting a home business. The advert was rejected on the grounds that they do not allow adverts on the MLM or make money niche. However, now and then I come across ads that are in a similar niche being run on facebook.

Am I missing something? Do you you use facebook ads to market a business opportunity?

payment proof likes this.
  2. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I don't use the adds, but I do use the promote button that costs $6.99 to promote your post. I would say that over 50% of my income is because of facebook. Not because I advertise, but because I have been building relationships there for 3 years and have become a trusted resource. I ran a sale on my own product this weekend and just posted on facebook and my affiliates also posted on facebook and generated over $500 on that alone over the weekend!

There is no replacement for building relationships in my opinion.

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Facebook can be hit or miss when it comes to paid ads and what they accept. I no longer use the adds either. Promoting posts and getting out there and networking with others seems to work better for me.

robinincarolina likes this.
  4. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

Yes when it comes to FaceBook just getting out there and actually networking with people gets more leads than the ads. People want to know they are speaking with a real person so it comes across better than just a sponsored ad. There are a couple of free ways that you can get more people to speak to on FB though

1. Create an Event- Is there a conference call that your business gives at regular times throughout the week? Create a FB event for that time and answer minor questions via chat. Make sure that you put all the information necessary for them to get in on that conference, and a nice banner pic for your opportunity.

2. Create a Like Page- Make a like page about your opportunity, and post in there what sets you apart from the average home business owner. Suggest people like your page and they will come to see the posts

3. Create a Group- This is almost like a like page but more interactive. People get to join the group and comment and give feedback. Still have to be active for it to work.

These all drive target traffic back to you from FB, and cost you nothing but a little time and planning. Best of luck to you!

5. andybodybyvi

andybodybyvi New Member

I have set up a group, a like page and then separately to Facebook I have set up a blog, the 3 combined seem to work extremely well and seem to feed off of each other. I have never advertised and I don't think I will ever need to, also if you can get your blog on the 1st page of google that really helps, FYI I do that for free as well. Good luck.

Kay Parker and Conrad Simon like this.
  6. whitney black

whitney black Member

That's weird, I'm almost positive they allow those type of ads on Facebook. That must be some kind of glitch or mistake, or it may just be the specific program you're promoting.

Kay Parker likes this.
  7. olmoney2013

olmoney2013 New Member

Thank you for sharing this information I was planning to promote at facebook but I'm not sure how its work. I'm reading your post and I was amaze how this thing generate incomes..

Kay Parker and robinincarolina like this.
  8. Anders J

Anders J Member

With any home busines /mlm/direct sales opportunity you wil need to promote:

Yourself, the benefits
    Your team, the benefits
    Your marketing system, the benefits

Nobody cares about your business. They care about a person that can help them where they want to go.

You will need to build the relationships first and be of value in your area of expertise.

9. stickerfart.com

stickerfart.com New Member

Facebook ads run through an algorithm that denies ads based on however it is programmed. Just like any computer making decisions it sometimes gets thing wrong for the good or the bad. So what you might be seeing is someone who has an ad that shouldn't be there but got through somehow or your ad has something in it that threw up a red flag. I emailed facebook because of my ads being removed and they reinstated them saying it was a mistake so you never know.

Overall as with any networking it is all about building your audience and building trust. It can be difficult to get off the ground if you can't run any ads and don't have a large social network already.

Good luck out there!

10. Rob Fore

Rob Fore New Member

One option that has worked well for use to promote our MLM via Facebook is to BOOST a story... and link back to a youtube video review. Same with promoting using their ads... write a blog post review or do a review video and link the ad to that. Seems to go through most of the time.

11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I heard that some people like yourself add their ads at MIDNIGHT and that is how they get their ads approved. You can try that out and see if it works out for you.

12. Khoa Nuyen

Khoa Nuyen New Member

I have run over 100 Facebook ads and mine get approved in 15 minutes or less most of the time. Here are my observations based upon trial and error, and reading Facebook's ad policy (good place to start!) on what will get your ads disapproved:

1. Text in photo should not take up more than 20% of image (this includes logos);
    2. Any mention of MLM or network marketing;
    3. Any mention of monetary results (i.e., make $5000 each day);
    4. Over promising or offers which appear to be hype;
    5. Using affiliate links or replicated webpages;
    6. Mentioning by name a popular MLM company; and
    7. Being a newbie.

If you're completely new to Facebook advertising, it's best to keep your ads as conservative as possible and well within their guidelines in order to gain their trust. Once you are a trusted advertiser, your ads will get approved fast and you actually can get away with pushing their boundaries.

Also, there's a way to advertise MLM without being to pitchy. :)

TengoLoTodo likes this.
  13. Joe Casias

Joe Casias New Member

Mbasa, there is a lot of good information on here for you to use, but one of the main things for you to understand is that FB really doesn't care if you promote MLM, Work At Home Opps, they will gladly take your money and do, as you can see from all the ads....But there is a way you have to place your ad...

Stay away from mentioning income potential..."like make 10k in 90 days"..
    Don't use unauthorized pics ie...famous people, leaders in the industry and so on..
    Have proper pic dimensions ..

But the biggest thing you must do to get your ad approved every time and I mean every time....never lead your prospect out of FB.

They hate this..Why? cause your taking their user out of their system....This is the biggest thing. You must Keep them inside FB. So, If you want to use FB Ads, you better get working on Fan Page...It's a must. No way around it.

The biggest reason to keep traffic inside is FB is to get a better cpa...if you lead them out of FB your rate will be much higher.

I hope this helped,

<Snip>
    [Link removed - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I agree with Robin that there is no substitute for building relationships. It can not be done quickly. It takes time and patience but it DOES pay off. :)

15. Suzanne Sobers

Suzanne Sobers New Member

I have used Facebook Ads in my business as well, but find that the "sponsored stories" or boosting a post get a better response. So you could try that. Also, because one ad was rejected doesn't mean that all will be.
    Have a look at what others in the niche are doing, and try to do something similar for your business.

You could also join groups that allow you to share your links as well.
    Just bear in mind, you should contribute something of value to these groups, not just drop your links
    to promote your business.

With these things, a little perseverance usually pays off big time. Don't give up too quickly.

MelindaCaldwell likes this.
  16. MelindaCaldwell

MelindaCaldwell New Member

Building relationships is so key. When you build relationships and people know, like and trust you, all you have to do is send them a message and say, "Hey, you should look at this," and they will buy. As the lovely said above, it's going to take time though. When it comes to ads, you really have to keep testing and tweaking to see if they will get approve. Also take a look at the Facebook audience insights page that allows you to create amazing custom audiences right down to their spending habits.

Also look into dark post advertising on Facebook as well where they are only seeing your posts in the newsfeed.

Boy, you all gave some really great advice here! Happy to be a part of this community:)

payment proof likes this.
  17. payment proof

payment proof Active Member