Marketing from home without the MLM

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by EL Williams, May 30, 2013.

1. EL Williams

EL Williams New Member

Hello everyone, I am working with an amazing Melaleuca team in the Denver area. It is hard to get people to view things objectively instead of having a negative view and just sticking with it!! I am trying to press forward with it and trying real hard to get people to join our team! any suggestions or interests??
  2. Bill Brine

Bill Brine New Member

Sounds like you're leading with the opportunity rather than the products. That never worked for me, unless I could find someone who had already expressed a desire to make money somehow without me pushing the idea first. Most people in my experience are not salespeople and will react negatively to any pressure to look at a business opportunity. They take a look at what you are doing and say to themselves "I could never do that!"

Now if they are already in business already, that is a different story. They may be more willing to listen, but you have to be able to show them a way to make a second stream of income without severely affecting their dedication to their primary business. Many MLM trainings will tell you to approach people who are already in business, in order to recruit distributors - you'll find many that will be willing to listen seriously because they want a second income stream, or they are bored or tired with what they are doing and want a way out. And they understand what it takes to build a business and to sell things.

Once someone has a negative view, you probably won't be able to bust through their barriers unless you are a polished and professional salesperson. Listening is the best strategy here: ask them what their concerns are and do your best to answer their objections. If you come to a point where it is obvious they are not interested and never will be, just end the encounter politely and thank them for listening. Be sure to leave your business card! You never know when someone was putting up barriers just because they wanted to have some time to think about it.

My approach is leading with the products. Melaleuca has some great products. Find customers first and service them well. Develop relationships with them. If you see someone who is really enthused about the products, suggest to them they can bring in some extra income by selling the products. And, of course, have your "elevator speech' ready whenever anyone asks you "And what do you do?" Local Chamber of Commerce and business networking events are great platforms for that sort of thing.

Lean on your upline as hard as you can, let them know you need lots of help learning how to market. It is in their best interest to help you. And be sure to take advantage of whatever training that Melaleuca has.

Google 'Don Failla" and look for his book "The 45 Second Presentation That Will Change Your Life". He has a great strategy for recruiting enthusiastic distributors.
  3. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I agree with Bill, focus on the products over the opportunity. It seems there are so many opportunities exist out there that people consider them spam. If you ahve a saleable product, your opportunity will sell itself.

Cheers!!
  4. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Differentiation is the most difficult hurdle in all marketing campaigns. "Why are you different from the other 100 items that land in my email everyday?" Answer that question, and get their attention.
  5. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

El it is the product in any opportunity that makes it work. Are you a living example of what the product has done for you? This will build conviction!
    MarieA73 likes this.
  6. Aron Prins

Aron Prins New Member

Hey El!

The best tip I've got is to offer real products. Start a team that builds webshops with affiliate product communities.
    Drive traffic through them and capture the peoples details to make future sales. Build something they really want, don't get their hopes up for nothing to buy something that won't pay off...

Focus on building a solid working product and go from there ;)
    Cheers,
    Aron
    MarieA73 likes this.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

When you get people into your team, find someone in your upline who has already considerable success and go dream building with your team and show them what life would be like if they just stick with the opportunity and take massive and consistent action.
    MarieA73 likes this.
  8. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Tal is right. Dreams whither and die if they are not fed. Not everyone will have the same endurance and stamina to make it to success.
  9. Khoa Nuyen

Khoa Nuyen New Member

Don't push against a negative view. Pull with the force of your example. People will never respond positively if they feel that they're getting pushed into something, but will always be drawn to your success, even if it is small at first.
    MarieA73 likes this.
  10. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Member

Maybe you are pushing the opportunity a bit too hard. Like a few of the posters have said earlier you should just focus getting the products out there in the best way possible. People join opportunities because they can relate with the person and can see themselves taking the steps necessary to make money. You help that along by not making it seem like you have to do hard sales to succeed and have a smooth presentation (comes with time)

Things will come if you keep at your craft persistently and without fail, and also if you brand yourself by making things seem easy for you. The right people will come to you project that right aire when presenting the products.