minibb forum my forum is still not searched by google

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by jennypretty, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jennypretty

jennypretty New Member

Hello,
    I used minibb forum to run a forum for about 2 weeks, I have about 40 posts..... but when I search on google for any forum topic, I never see my forum indexed. Can any one take a look at my forum to see if I do anything wrong? I mean, they aare static pages. Why not getting indexed by google for forum topic?

[Link removed - Admin]

Big thanks.
    Jenny.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Jenny, firstly, to be indexed by Google, you need backlinks - Links to your website on other sites. Secondly, it takes considerable time (some times even months) to show your site pages on search results of Google, once it has indexed your site.
  3. netjobs

netjobs Member

As Vishal said, you have to get backlinks from other good sites, then you will get indexed by Google and if you manage to get a good backlink with a high PR site, then your site will be indexed by Google immediately and not takes several months... otherwise you should have patience, especially to run a Forum...
  4. jennypretty

jennypretty New Member

Thanks a lot.
    But my website PR is 0 for www.dating72.com and PR 2 for asia.dating72.com, high PR sites do not want to exchange links with me.
    Thanks,
    Jenny.
  5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

While it's true that high PR websites will not trade links with low PR websites, it's not always the case. If your website has really good content some high PR sites would gladly exchange links with you.

Target websites with same PR or slightly higher PR than yours initially. Slowly PR of your site will increase and then you can target higher PR sites.

Another option is to write quality articles and submit them to websites/articles directories. If your article is good, publishers will gladly publish them on their websites, irrespective of your site's PR.
  6. netjobs

netjobs Member

Thanks Vishal, that helps me too... [​IMG]