MLM Business Techniques

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DaveKlingeberg, Jan 8, 2014.

1. DaveKlingeberg

DaveKlingeberg New Member

Hi friends, I was starting MLM business few days ago and I am confused about how i am presenting my business to my friend and people and creating a strong circle for my business?

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Dave,

Many people online don't do this any longer. You can advertise your business online and have people join you without ever talking to anyone. That is the beauty of the internet. You can be a sleep and someone in Europe can be signing up to your business.

See if the company that you are with have their own sales presentations online and if they do, you can then advertise to opportunity seekers who are already looking for some sort of a home based business.

Talking to people face to face and asking them to join your opportunity, a lot of people don't do that any longer.

whisper likes this.
  3. Curtis Slone

Curtis Slone New Member

Hey, Dave.

There's a lot to be said about presentations. Done right, and you've peaked a strong interest in your lead.

When presenting to people, the key is to always give value! Dig deep into what they want, need, and are looking for in your business opportunity. If there s nothing they can grasp onto that will provide some sort of value in their life, move on.

When you beat a dog, it bites.

talfighel has a point. Getting some sort of automated system set up so you can make money while you sleep is so great! Seriously, who doesn't want to fatten their bank account while they rest their head's gently?

The only catch to that is that those recruits that you are joining your team through paid traffic aren't receiving training. That is a great way to set someone else up for failure and give them a sour taste for Network Marketing.

payment proof likes this.
  4. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I highly recommend you ask your upline who is having success to show you.
    Participate in 3 meetings or 3 way calls with them until you get the hang of it and know what to say.

3 way meetings/calls are VERY VERY important at the start when you are not confident in presenting your opportunity.

ricksalas and payment proof like this.
  5. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

You could always put together an online webinar or screen sharing session with your friend or other prospects. It's really beneficial. I recommend Mikogo because its cross platform ability means any prospect can use it without downloading it. If you check it out, let me know what you think of it!

6. SaeedKhan

SaeedKhan New Member

There are literally hundreds of ways to promote your mlm, online and offline. Talking to friends and family or even people you are associated with is just the starting point. From my own experience, I've never had success with friends and family because most of them don't seem at all interested. I've also learnt that alot of them are happy working for someone else and making their boss money! I prefer the online method of prospecting, this way you can laser target people meaning getting people who are interested in making money. Not only that you can reach millions of people that way!

YAGOOFT likes this.
  7. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Remember.... Do not draw a pyramid when presenting!
    There are so many other shapes you can use ;)

8. ricksalas

ricksalas New Member

Great advise Peter, simple and straight to the point.

9. Yury

Yury New Member

Online advertising is the way to go in this business at this day and age.

The days of making lists of friends and knocking on doors is pretty much over. Technology has really propelled sponsoring to the next level.

It's not difficult at all to get leads these days. If you have some sort of a landing page to your bizopp, you can easily send traffic via fb ads, classified ads, targeted solo ads, and various other forms of non expensive paid advertising.

I suggest to get a landing page with an optin box so you can capture the incoming leads that redirect to your offer and stores the leads in an Autoresponder such as Aweber. That way you can follow up with your leads and close for more business.

ricksalas and YAGOOFT like this.
  10. Networking still works but you need to start with a good presentation medium. Say a sponsoring website. Rather than do presentations, send people to your website. Follow up with them then ask for referrals if they are not interested.

YAGOOFT likes this.
  11. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Age old problem for newbies to network marketing, and most sadly fail because they cannot get past the rejection factor which most find most difficult to deal with. I focus on products or services which for the most part sell themselves and I have never looked back. I never like the chasing friends and family strategies often taught in the old days, the old insurance company deal where the agencies would attract newbies to insurance industry knowing that most would fail, but most would hit up their friends and relatives, so agency got more customers on book, newbie agent would give up, and commissions would roll up to agency broker. Worked great for years, probably still does, and it is same in MLMland, so always focus on good products everyone needs if you are a newbie to sales.

Success to all,

12. I tend to work with people who want to work with me. Very rarely do I get negative feedback. Fear of rejection is probably worse than the actual rejection.

There have been times I have gotten objections to my business opportunity... usually people are looking for answers to their objections but sometimes people are just saying things because they don't want to be involved. I am okay with people who don't want to join because, again, I only want to work with people who want to work with me. So no problem.

Get the mindset of not needing any particular prospect. No one person is going to make or break your business. Remove the personal aspect of prospecting, it's just business.

YAGOOFT, payment proof and Just2EZ like this.
  13. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Yes, I like the statement of not needing any one prospect, reminds me of how I got into sales, I was pushing a prospect away and the more I did, the more interested they were, and eventually became a long time client. What ever works.

Success to all,

14. BusinessIdeas

BusinessIdeas Member

My opinion is to stay away from MLM, Also it would be are great way to lose friends and family if the program you delivery doesn't bring success to them. And no matter if it was the MLM business fault for no success or their ability to made it a success, this will fall on your shoulders.

15. To be honest, we sponsored two family members last year and a friend the year before. None of the above is now a distributor... and they have no hard feelings because we set good expectations. Normally we don't work with people who are really close to us. Similar to why we don't typically hire family or friends.

As far as other disgruntled former distributors, we always make sure to set good expectations and help the person even when they decide not to continue (i.e. we help them get their money back). Nobody seems to be complaining.

YAGOOFT likes this.
  16. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

So because you fail, you think it is the fault of the person who shared a business opportunity with you? I don't go to friends and family first and foremost, unless of course it is a retail sale of a product of value that everyone should be using, has nothing to do with chasing people for the potential incomes as a distributor. I let the products do the selling, and some will wake up to the potentical income opportunity, and others will just remain consumers, so why would someone blame you for sharing a great product which saves them time and money? Value is in the eyes of the beholder, so caring and sharing is easy when products are better than what they were using.

Old school is chasing friends and family which was based on the insurance industry model used to this very day which was effective for decades, but with advent of internet marketing, who needs friends and family to make a living in your own business. I have been in the industry for decades and have seen it all, and I see people like you draw an opinon on a bad experience in MLM, which many deserve since most were hyped on income claims, but never say never is my best advice or you may lose out on the opportunity of a lifetime, they are out there. I think of all those who I have helped, not the ones who fail to act and work a business like I do, and no, they don't blame me for their failures, but I know many will blame anything but themselves.

Success to all,

17. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Hello,

The best way to do your first presentations is with your upline (The person who got you started). He/She should have a lot more experience in doing that, take notes while the meeting is going on or even record it so you can learn from it later.
    The biggest mistake new people always make is thinking that they can do it completely on their on so it's a good thing from you Dave to go and ask around!

Another big advice that helped me tremendously in my business when it came to improving my team members their speeches was the use of the provided tools by my company. Every company probably has some type of tool, a powerpoint for instance that makes it much easier to present the opportunity. It's easy to follow and makes a professional impression.
    Remember in any MLM, Network Marketing or what ever type it is, your job is just to network and connect with people, use all the available tools out there and don't try to re-invent the wheel. Everything has been done for you except the networking part.

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  18. Bert Declercq

Bert Declercq New Member

Hello Peter,

I completely agree with you that 3 way meetings or calls are the way to go in the beginning. To many new people in the industry think they can do it on their own. As a results of that they completely blow up their warm market and after that they think their carreers are over. I haven't seen a lot of people who stuck with it after their approached their warm market completely. But those who did stick with it are very succesfull right now.

Because remember, the difference between you and someone who is succesfull is just hard work and time. That person has been confronted with all the obstacles that you will still have to face. Overcome all of them and in time you will as well see the results.

Kind Regards,

Bert Declercq
    Young Motivated Entrepreneur

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    Dereco Cherry likes this.
  19. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Hi Dave, to answer your question it kinda depends on your history with your friend and your circle of influence. If you have pitched them an opportunity before you might want to lead with the product instead. As far people in general I would recommend finding a good course on prospecting. But to give you a quick tip anytime you are going to invite someone to see your presentation always be in a hurry when talking to them.