MLM Paypal

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Aprilviolet, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Aprilviolet

Aprilviolet New Member

I'm only a new member; although I have read as a 'guest' several times before. I have previously seen some discussions about paying for MLM's with Paypal & how 'valid' or otherwise some businesses are because they don't use Paypal as a payment method; in fact the rules of PayPal forbid it for being used for anything IT interrupts as being MLMarketing (even including some businesses who don't put themselves in that league). Hence Paypal is not an options for lots of "opportunities".

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Nope Paypal will not work with most mlm or network marketing companies....

3. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

It's a sad fact and I've seen lots of people actually claim some companies to be a scam because they don't accept Paypal. It's just the sad matter of the truth that Paypal is just a horrific payment processor.

I've made a sale on ebay for $25K (an antique necklace worth $76K at auction) and Paypal froze my account for 6 months because of this transfer. So now i have money in Paypal I'll not be able to use for another 2 months because of them freezing the account.

Honestly out of anything possible to say, I think Paypal itself is a scam. I think I'd trust borrowing money from a Mafia family before doing anything with Paypal ever again.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

We need those restrictions on Paypal because of all the scammers out there. What if it was YOUR money going to a scammer, and he withdrew from Paypal before you found out it was a scam?

Although I can sympathize with you - it is simply protection for all of us.

I have made tons of transactions with paypal without any problems although none of them were over 10K - so I am a little prejudiced perhaps.[​IMG]

5. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

That's true, I can understand that side. I asked a manager from Paypal if I could just have the guy call and speak with a manager in question and 3 way us to see if the guy got the item in question. They said, "No, we also use the money while it's frozen as an investment" so they're technically making money off my money. At least the manager was honest so I have to applaud her for it.

6. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

Even it it wasn't against the PayPal rules. I don't know why anyone running a MLM company would want to offer it as a payment option.

Any half decent MLM by the time it leaves the startup phase will be doing millions of dollars a month in transaction volume, and doing it in small increments ($50-$100). In this scenario paypal's fees are really high.

For the occasional credit card I personally accept for payment paypal really is great, it's easy, I don't need to know their card number and the fees are very reasonable.

7. ThinkBig

ThinkBig New Member

PayPal has a hard job trying to protect both parties, the sender and receiver, there are many scammers out there. For someone to send 25K through paypal is kind of silly anyhow. As far as MLMs or businesses, they shouldn't be using paypal or alertpay, they should have there own merchant account and payment processing. That way they will never have to rely on someone else. When I was first starting out and "experimenting" with different business opportunities and programs, many of them used alertpay. I now know only to work with business and companies that have their own payment processors. Don't get me wrong, I'll pay for services or products with paypal or alertpay, I just won't join a business opportunity that want me to pay that way. Just my opinion.

8. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

I have always be reluctant to use paypal just because of the fact that my money would go to them first. They could choose not to pay if they wanted or anything else for that matter. Something about that doesn't seem right.

To your freedom and success,

Joel

9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

PayPal does not work with MLM online at all. I never saw this before. Plus, they do not allow it.

Every single MLM online or offline works with some sort of a credit card.

Tal