MLM scams

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by webnancy, Oct 23, 2006.

1. webnancy

webnancy New Member

There are so many threads related to MLM's and how to go about it but I had a bad experience with PAS which was a pyramid scheme and selling adpacks without doing any real hard work was bound to end up this way. Now I have enrolled myself on university of victory and they have an attractive pre-launch offer which goes like ...University of Victory has PreLaunched and for 4 days only is offering FREE enrollment to distributors who got burned in PAS, clones, emerald passport to prosperity etc.
    sounds good as its not the 1up MLM thing.. need to recover my losses soon enough.. for all those involved with PAS check .. www.UniversityOfVictory.org/PAS-clones-Emerald-Prosperity-transfer-fre e.html
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

How many MLMs have you joined so far and how many were scams?
  3. clendon

clendon New Member

My first rule of thumb is NEVER JOIN A PROGRAM IN PRE-LAUNCH. Many of these programs never see the light of day. Do your due dilligence and study one you think looks good. Look for comments on the program through various forums. If and when it starts to pay - then give it serious consideration.

Too many people believe that getting in first is the secret and scammers know this.
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It seems to me that there are a few online MLM scams out there. Many are pyramids.

If you are looking for a good and solid MLM program offline, why not go with either Amway, herbalife, or many of the well known strong and profitable companies out there.

In terms of online MLM businesses, you need to find a company that has been around for a while. A company that has been in for less then a year is usually the one that you need to investigate and see if they are good or not.

If you want to reallly have MLM success come your way, find a good and solid company like the ones I mentioned above ( Amway or herbalife) and stick with them. If you do, your success is guaranteed as long as you follow your upline and never give up.

Tal
  5. faithman1012005

faithman1012005 New Member

I've also found it's best to go with a company that has a guarantee. Any company that will offer a free trial and a guarantee truly has nothing to hide
  6. netresult

netresult Member

Quoting: clendonHow many MLMs have you joined so far and how many were scams?

All of them.
  7. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

Quoting: netresult
    Quoting: clendon
    How many MLMs have you joined so far and how many were scams?

All of them

If you tried all of them, that's means literally hundreds of companies. One of them was bound to work.
    How about a company that gives you a " Bill of Rights"?
  8. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

Why do you say all MLMs are scams?

It's true that most people who join MLMs dont make money, or make very little, but that doesnt make them scams.

People dont make money because they dont stick with it, they dont have proper training, or they never do put any effort into it in the first place.

The only scams are pryamid schemes, something that has no tangible product.

But legitimate MLMs are not scams.

Joanne
  9. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Some MLMs like Amway have been in business for years, but income is directly proportional to your sales skills
  10. netresult

netresult Member

Quoting: GailtravelIf you tried all of them, that's means literally hundreds of companies. One of them was bound to work.
    How about a company that gives you a " Bill of Rights"?

I don't understand your last sentence!

However, that apart, they... are....all....scams!! Think about it, it is so FRUSTRATINGLY obvious!

If I have a product that I manufacture or import and I want to set up a sales or agent force to sell that product, the very LAST thing I am going to say is:

'To sell MY product YOU will pay me $150.00!!??'

I give up...honestly!!!!!!!
  11. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

Speaking of sales skills, a good book I can recommend for anyone in MLM is by Kim Klaver.

If my product is so good how come I cant sell it.

Kim's great, very down to earth and what she teaches is very simple and easy for anyone to duplicate.

Definitely a good book for anyone wanting more customers in their MLM in my opinion.

joanne
  12. Marc Tamburri

Marc Tamburri New Member

I have to honestly say that I have had no background in Network Marketing or any MLM business. I joined Liberty League 3 months ago and even though I read all the negative junk out on the net, I knew it was a place to earn A LOT of money. I got qualified pretty quick for someone with absolutely no marketing background. For the people who think you need to have a ton of money to market, know how to use PPC, I disagree. Ive used purchased leads, word of mouth and just plain old cheap news paper ads and ive had great success. Imagine what will happen now once I start playing even bigger, ads in magazines that actually are geared towards home business and entrepreneurs.

I hear a lot of people claim that it is hard, you have to work soooooo many hours. What??? I work 2 to 3 hours a day.

I love this company and I would never think about going anywhere else. My families future is so wide open right now, it is exciting to know that this is what I do for a living, I put people on conference calls and collect checks...If you think of it like that, you are halfway home.[​IMG]
  13. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

Unfortunately many people when they fail in MLM label the program a "scam."

Usually the problem is lack of training or signing up and not following what successful people are doing to build.

Another thing is people need to be prepared for success. I am a strong believer in personal development.

If someone has a poverty mind set, they aren't going to be successful. We must be successful people first and then the rest will follow.

I highly recommend listening to Jim Rohn, Anthony Robbins, Jack Canfield or many others in personal development and growth.

It will make a huge and positive impact on your life!

Joanne
  14. netresult

netresult Member

How many students do you honestly think 'earn' $10,000/week using your system?

You people really stretch credulity to the absolute. I find it so depressing that this tissue of nonsense is not consigned to the garbage can where it belongs.

Do YOU earn this sum week in week out - of course you don't!

I have three children who have gone through university and worked hard.

Sell it to them, if you dare, Joanne.
  15. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

Quoting: netresultI don't understand your last sentence!

However, that apart, they... are....all....scams!! Think about it, it is so FRUSTRATINGLY obvious!

If I have a product that I manufacture or import and I want to set up a sales or agent force to sell that product, the very LAST thing I am going to say is:

'To sell MY product YOU will pay me $150.00!!??'

I give up...honestly!!!!!!!

Hmmmm...... lets see to sell McDonalds the franchiser has to pay headquarters's how much? to sell Dunkin Donuts the franchiser has to pay headquaters how much???? To sell Ben and Jerry's the franchiser has to pay how much????

Then what does the franchiser do? Does he make the hamburger's donuts and ice cream himsself? Does he sell it himself? Is he a one man business? No he gets other people to duplicate what he does. Then the franchiser networks by advertising, word of mouth and any other way "Hey come eat at my restaurant?" Then that franchiser may get friends and family to buy franchises that increases the original franchiser's net worth.

Where is this so much different than MLM? Its really not!
  16. netresult

netresult Member

Quoting: GailtravelWhere is this so much different than MLM? Its really not!

Oh dear! Lets have one more attempt...(sigh)

A franchise is not MLM!

McDonalds et al supply physical assets in the form of fixtures and fittings the buildings etc.

You MLM people don't give up, do you? Conning people into your net, you have got to because that is how the miserable scheme operates, it is an inverted form of marketing that feeds itself from within.
  17. netresult

netresult Member

Goji Juice?!.....Quack Quack.
  18. forex4aliving

forex4aliving New Member

I think MLM is just another avenue to reach more customers, however, it's really not easy to survive and most of the MLM programs tend to benefit the upline. So, to join any of the MLM programs, I think you will need to do fair amount of study of their payout programs. I've tried 2 Network Marketing companies before and the whole idea is to fully understand why it's done this way and whether it can really work or not. Maybe I'm not really a marketing/sales person, and at the end, I kinda failed at it. But it was alright as I was able to get cheaper price of the products, since I use them.

Anyway, Binary Marketing program is totally different. You may want to check out companies that offer this kind of structure. I think it's fairer to those who really want to try out.

Binary Marketing (just to name a few advantages):

1) credits you all sales volume generated to INFINITY.
    2) you only have 2 organizations to build and that you help your downline to build as it ultimately also affect yourself as all of you are in the same organization.
    3) Sales volume continued to be stored and there is no expiry on your accumulated volume
  19. jschuman

jschuman New Member

MLM is a good concept and a great business model. It is not a scam if the product is unique and you get a personal attachment to it. Membership programs with online information as a product ar good, or anything that the internet can help with can be a good MLM because people can not run down to WalMart and get it cheaper.
  20. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

Well find something that isn't MLM and see what they have to offer....

We got so much training that you can learn at anytime of the week... + being able to call the founders and talk personally really helps...