MLM without any upfront fees?,,,

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by nemo, Jun 18, 2008.

1. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Congratulations Roberta,

Always nice to hear the industry has attracted another professional, and one who researched their choice very carefully, so I wish you well, just don't give up, don't quit, that is the best advice from my years of experience.

Success to all, Mike

2. timflowers

timflowers New Member

My company lets you join for free but you're not eligible for commissions until you upgrade to full member, which only costs $56. The upgrade is basically just your monthly autoship of product plus your website. Companies require us to be on autoship because they want us to be a "product of the product", and because it gives them a somewhat predictable cash flow.

If I owned an mlm, I'd expect all my distributors to be faithful customers as well as distributors. It's hard to sell something you don't use and don't believe in.

Tim Flowers

3. 10YearsPlusWAHM

10YearsPlusWAHM New Member

I know of one! No up front fees; no monthly fees. NO FEES - PERIOD!

This is a fun one...my friend of many years has made $700 in just two weeks. What did he do? Some internet searches. And told others about The Bar.

Mind you, this guy only knew how to turn on a computer a few years ago. Now he's doing emails, and internet searches. He's not a heavy user, much less a technical one. Just basic use.

The question in this thread is without any fees, how to do you get paid? That's where Bolotto has turned the tables.

They are launching a search website. Advertisers have paid for Pay-Per-Clicks. They pass some of that money onto you! How cool is that?!? [​IMG]

What makes them different from other search sites (like Google/Yahoo, et al.) is advertisers receive demographic specific hits. YOU agree in the TOS, to keep your demo information up to date (basic stuff - age, gender, income range, smoking & drinking). They agree to keep your information PRIVATE & ANONYMOUS.

Ads that earn you money are under the ER button of The Bar.

What I've realized using The Bar is just how many searches I do every day. Now that I use The Bar, I get paid while I search!

10+WAHM

4. WARRANTIES4LESS

Update:

Well, just when you think it is difficult to find a good MLM with no upfront costs or fees, a new deal hits the market which trumps free with a several thousand dollar incentive to simply register as an affiliate.

I have seen them all, and no doubt, the free to join programs are far and few between, unless you are considering the teo tier affiliate programs MLM, which most are free to join.

I just got done researching what I think is the best deal I have ever seen, and since it is totally free to register, and you get a free RX Prescription Card, plus a $100,000.00 Term Life Policy just for registering to become an affiliate and to evaluate new Automated FOREX software, this one is a game breaker.

I use to be in insurance industry, and for those who doubt the true and real value of a term life insurance policy, check it out by doing a search. The older you are, the more a policy costs, so on average, this FREE Incentive is worth a few thousand dollars. I have never seen an offer like this before, so I registered, and there was no cost, no purchase required, no obligation, no credit card, not even your SS# is required, just name and email.

The company is so confident in software, and know that by simply sharing opportunity with others will generate X amount of sales, so I guess they can afford to give away thousands to jump start the word of mouth referral advertising is pretty unique offer in my opinion, even if you have no interest in FOREX, everyone knows someone who is interested in making money from home, and this one is powerful in all respects, the FOREX software, and unique hybrid compensation plan. Worth a look, this is a limited time FREE plus FREE Incentive opportunity.

Success to all,

5. vernandrew

vernandrew New Member

The company i just signed up with is tottaly free I was so suprised when i found it,
    it almost looked to good to be true. You have to sign for a discover card, you dont
    have to qualify to start your downline though. I think its very new, anyone know
    anything about this.

6. deannkc

deannkc New Member

If it is truly a business there will be some sort of fee upfront at the very least. You need to look to see if there are monthly expenses and any requirements to buy products, and so forth. Way all your options to see if it is worth it to you.

My company charges a one time fee of $175 for a replicated website, and to provide agents with a back office to do their work in. There are no monthly fee's, pays more than a few dollars unlike a lot of other companies, and no inventory.

Also remember if it is your business some items you buy or you spend on marketing can be tax deductible, and needs to be considered.

Always make sure it is a business that you like the people in it and that it is something you like. I help people get out of debt with no extra loans and little to no change in their lifestyle. I love doing this and I am helping individuals and families to be debt free. It feels good helping people while still earning a good living.

Good Luck in your search.

7. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Yes i do know of one. There's no start up kit, website, or upfront or backend fee's. No recruiting payments either.

8. topleadersonly

topleadersonly New Member

There is NO such thing as starting a business for free. Why someone even looks for that is beyond me. ALL businesses take marketing, commitment, and capital. People need to focus on making money and it takes money to make one. People who start a business for nothing usually get nothing.

9. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

topleadersonly: There is NO such thing as starting a business for free. Why someone even looks for that is beyond me. ALL businesses take marketing, commitment, and capital. People need to focus on making money and it takes money to make one. People who start a business for nothing usually get nothing.
    Just to be clear, the reference was a fee for any signup, either upfront or backend, a website fee, or a startup kit, not that it does'nt take any investing, time or effort for adv. or marketing.

10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This is a great thread. I happened to be working at my favorite past time. Having a home based business allows me to make money from anywhere I have access to a computer or phone. Most of us have access to both all the time. With the many inexpensive cellphone plans you can get an unlimited plan at a good price. In addition almost everyone has a home computer or laptop with internet service for relatively cheap.

The next thing you need is a website. If you have a bit of internet savvy you can find a free website builder. Many are easy to use and you don't have to know HTML. So now you can have a free website.

Another need in your business is a way to follow up with the people that have been to your website. So you look for an auto responder. After some research and trial and error I've learned you can find free ones online. This is an invaluable tool. Now I will say that for about $20 a month you can get a better choice. I think it's a good bargain.

Leads to supplement the flow from your website will probably be needed. There are also free leads you can obtain online. I always figure that the lead is only as good as the person working it , the opportunity being presented and if and only if the lead is looking. So the best bet is to learn how to generate your own leads so you are calling people you have driven through your information tour. This can be done hundreds of different ways. There are so many online guidebooks on how to advertise online. Heck writing an article here is advertising to some extent. People see your input and then look at your opportunity. Having said this we can see how to get leads at no cost.

So if you had a product that you could market as an agent or affiliate and any of the names for people selling their product then you can run an internet business for free. Are there enough models on the market to find one to get started with? Not really. Think of it this way. If you haven't invested anything you have nothing to lose so many find ways to not work their opportunity. So as a business person is it prudent to spend alot of resources in creating a free business opportunity. I think many of the top internet marketers are doing just that.

They have made free systems with nice tools we all need. There are also offers to upgrade for more goodies. Its a good model. You give away free samples as a way to get people into your store. Well I think it's a good lead to follow so Ive even adopted a free option in my business. If you cant beat them then join them.

So my long answer is that yes you can run an internet business for free. It just take the right business plan and the willingness to follow it.

11. apbenefits

apbenefits New Member

I can really agree with some of the replies above that were posted. If you are truly looking for a business that you can run from home successfully, there will always be a start up cost and some type of overhead. You have to be willing to commit yourself and not only invest your money but invest yourself into the business. When you have a MLM business, I believe you need to have 3 qualities to really have your business grow consistently:
    Persistence
    (dont ever stop, keep going at it dont let 1 bad day or week get in your way)
    Passion
    (love your business and what you offer. Your own personal testimony is very Powerful!!)
    Patient
    (your starting from ground zero working your way up, your learning new things......it is not going to happen overnight, but if you have patience with yourself and the business, over time you will see that it has grown to be quite succesful with a nice checks to go along with it.!)
    The company that I work does have a start up cost and monthly overhead, however it is rather small of just $50 and it does provide you with extensive one on one training and team support.
    Now, I have tried several "work at home" businesses and I know when you do not have someone there who really has your best interest at heart to train and support you, in your journey to the top, it is going to be very very challenging to see the light at the end of tunnel.
    So, before joining any MLM company make sure you have that support, it does truly make a difference!!

12. ouzo12

ouzo12 New Member

lavendersluv: I have yet to find a network marketing opportunity with no fee as well. She that are free programs like SFI they mentioin nothing about you having to be at a specific level in order to qualify to receive payment.

You will not make money at the free level, so you will end up having to invest something in order to be paid. thanks

Michelle
    I think that it is very important for the MLMer to find a company WITH a starting fee. As far as I am consirned, I find it a challenge to earn my starting fee and proove to myself and to the others that my MLM works!

If there is no starting fee then there is also no motivation to work.

On the other hand the starting fee must be logical and not too high, otherwise it will act as an obstacle in joining the MLM!

13. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

I have found many who do not take a free to join MLM seriously, so I do agree, this is a dual edge sword. I research them all and have something for everyone as I have come across many who don't have a nickel, but plenty of ambition, so it depends.

I do believe free is a great way to attract newbies or those who are hurting financially, and I have several people who were in that position when they started, and are now financially free, so it all depends on the situation.

Of course, you need money to promote in most cases, or perhaps make a purchase to have a product to demo, but I don't agree with companies charging a fee for a replicated site or back office tools, this is just plain greedy, so I personally avoid these deals. It means only one thing in my opinion, the company is under funded.

Success to all,

14. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

nemo: NO business in America cost nothing to get started
    Actually you have just expounded a double negative. If No business in America cost nothing to start that means that they all cost nothing to start.
    I am sorry about reviving this thread but if you are going to play grammar police be correct.
    The double negative means the two negative statements cancel each other out and the sentence becomes "business in America cost to get started". That doesn't read too smoothly but the point I think is clear enough.

Now that I have got that off my chest I can go on with my life.

15. WARRANTIES4LESS

Funny,

I guess it is up to the person to decide what it means. lol I read it as no business costs nothing, so business is the entity, nothing is the cost. So I would have stated it, there are no businesses in America which cost nothing to start. Or no business is free to start. With many not in U.S. who post, this is not so unusual as I see it.

But the real point is this is not a true statement, there are businesses which are cost free to start, as in representatives do not pay a fee, and no purchase required, but of course, there are other expenses to start a business like marketing as example. But then again, if you post to free classifieds, you could start with no out of pocket costs, so again, the statement is flawed as I see it, and I don't bother with grammar, I understood what they were saying. lol

Success to all,

16. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

As I research hundreds of companies which are recession proof, cost to start is an important issue for millions who have been fired or laid off from their jobs, plus newbies are less risk tolerant than a sales person would be or entrepreneur.

I was an affiliate with 1ButtonToWiFi for several years promoting their VOIP telecom service and was happy with program from a commission stand point as well as product qualify. Well, they just merged with MSI MySocialIncome a social media site, and went MLM, so I started researching it. What they have just introduced is a new Cellular Over Internet Protocol technology similar to VOIP over mobile which is exploding, but when you learn the differences, you will be surprised.

VOIP is not new, but COIP is. Simply put, it puts dial tone on any cell phone, so no GSM or smart phone purchase is required, a first. I define recession proof businesses as no to low cost to start, money saving product or service and no purchase required, and very few come close on all points until now. Free and value is possible, but very difficult to find as I have only found two in past year which are totally free while still paying commissions.

Success to all,

17. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Start up costs can be a very real barrier to entry for many. Because of this, my company has come up with an option for people to get started for just $25 retailing our "SOCBOX" product.

They do have to be a product user before they can sign up for this "Retail Affiliate" position. The retail affiliate must sell our retail product to earn money - so there is work involved. But if they can sell 10 -$49 units in a 30 day time period their profit is $340. The Retail Affiliate can then pocket this money or upgrade to a distributor position.

It's really a brilliant plan and I am sure it will bring in many motivated, hard working people who were unable to manage the $398 distributor sign up fee.

18. edwinb

edwinb New Member

Nemo,

If you are looking for a free business to start you are going to be very disappointed. Free means no support, no advertising of any kind, no loyalty, no skin in the game, no real responsibility to make it work.

I would suggest you keep your job and and enjoy the dream of being financially free. It's what gives many people hope of something to look forward to althoguh they are never going to do what it takes to be really free.

Don't mean to sound harsh but if you don't want to put skin in the game you really don't want to play[​IMG]

Best of luck, wahtever you do!

19. WARRANTIES4LESS

edwinb: If you are looking for a free business to start you are going to be very disappointed. Free means no support, no advertising of any kind, no loyalty, no skin in the game, no real responsibility to make it work.

I would suggest you keep your job and and enjoy the dream of being financially free. It's what gives many people hope of something to look forward to althoguh they are never going to do what it takes to be really free.
    Sorry, but that is old school thinking, and thankfully several new companies are seeing the light, you can attract far more people by giving a business opportunity away than you can selling one.

Remember, most people don't like to be sold, especially hard sell or pressure, so we know what viral marketing can do, and that is what giving away a free business opportunity strategy is all about, removing the number one reason most fail in their own businesses, they cannot and do not like to sell.

I have seen it all, and no doubt, many have not taken a free business as seriously as they would dumping $500. or more into one, plus autoship, back office and web site fees, etc, as these are all obstacles for most to sell to others, hence, failure is assured for 97% of those trying to start a home business.

Free and easy will grow faster than any other strategy, just takes true verifiable value and a product or service which the masses already are using, mobile wireless as example, health and nutritional products, general merchandise, this is transfer buying, so no selling is required, just telling, and everyone can tell others how much money they are saving, and that is when viral marketing takes over even without the income opportunity attached to business.

To each their own, but I see a trend developing, and it no longer requires skin in the game to commit, it is all about wanting to share your savings, not having to do it to make any money. Free does not mean no support, no web site, no marketing tools, no training, you can have all this and more with several companies I have identified recently, and there was a time when you couldn't find any, so times they are a changing, free and easy is here and now. Tampogo, 1ButtonToWiFi, MySocialIncome are all free and are loaded with support tools, video training, conference calls, etc. It is tough to compete with free, especially when everyone saves money on what they are already buying elsewhere.

Success to all,

20. granny

granny New Member

Lots of good points have already been mentioned. There are quite a few companies that do not require a signup fee and some that also do not require an autoship. While it is true there cannot be commissions paid if there are no purchases, there is a very good benefit of allowing someone to start a business without an investment. It opens the door to the many individuals that simply do not have any available funds. I think in today's economy we have to realize there are most definitely some very good people out here that would be a huge asset to our companies but simply do not have the funds to get started. By giving these people the business, websites, training, etc. for free we allow them to get their feet wet, see if they like the business, see if they are a good fit without risking what might be the dollar that feeds their family! Network marketing is truly a wonderful business and one that anyone can do successfully. By removing the barriers, we open the door for more people to be financially secure. It is a wonderful thing! Those of us in network marketing need to remember we all walked in the shoes of the new network marketer at some point in our lives. Personally, I love working with the person that is just now discovering how remarkable this industry is! Sharing your knowledge is a great thing and what makes this industry continue to grow!