MLMs That Allow You To Promote Other MLMs

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Joe Beaven, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Joe Beaven

Joe Beaven New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of MLM companies that don't mind you promoting another MLM company at the same time, since most of them seem to prohibit it.

Thank you,
    Joe

payment proof and Super Wavey like this.
  2. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I've come across many MLM companies and I've never seen any Rules that say you can only be apart of one MLM at a time...
    Did you Sponsor tell you this or did you read it in the rules somewhere?

3. Joe Beaven

Joe Beaven New Member

I've heard that a number of MLM companies have that policy including Forever Living and Visalus. Here's something I just read on the Warrior Forum for example:

4. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Interesting... Apparently ViSalus terminated 80 representatives for using another home business....
    This is the first time I hear of MLM doing this (first time I hear of ViSalus as well)....
    It's obvious that it's best that you stay away from ViSalus.

Companies like this don't last long into the future.
    You should be fine with any other company as this usually doesn't happen.

I'm currently with MyFunLife and I've had success with them with no issues so far....
    My friend is with Usana and he's had success with them with no problems.....
    I also hear about a lot of people doing Wake up Now, Avon and Amway. To be honest I don't personally know anyone that is doing them but I have come across people and often hear about them.

Do some research and see what product and plan suits you best :)
    Most importantly, make sure you sign up under a good leader who knows what his doing and will always be there to help you!
    It'll make a massive difference ;)

Nabil likes this.
  5. Joe Beaven

Joe Beaven New Member

Thanks for the advice Peter. It's good to know that it's not widespread.

Super Wavey likes this.
  6. Anders J

Anders J Member

Why promote more than one MLM? Promote just 1 and spend the time doing the proper marketing.

Is that because only 3 might join out of 100 interested of any given one you can find? If you want to make it hard then fine but you are using ineffective methods to market and do not take the time to learn what is efficient in MLM/direct sales when it comes to marketing.

You got to learn attraction marketing and let the target marked seek you out. You do not have to pitch them they come to you. Now you hunt them down. Hey do you want join one of my x numbers of opportunities on hand? What if one of them asked you about the marketing? What would you tell them? Just post your opportunity in many of the groups on Facebook.

As this would work among the 100 + others not getting it.

MLM/direct sales is a great business model and it can pay you more money than you will ever need so why do you not take it seriously?

I teach the attraction marketing stuff in my WMI blueprint and how to build your presence online that allows you to have the success your MLM/direct sales opportunity can give you. The question you need to ask yourself is do you want to be a success or not. Otherwise I wish you good luck as you will need it.

PeterMFL likes this.
  7. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

There are a few companies who have gotten smart and allow distributors to promote other companies, as long as they are not directly competing, as in weight loss, nutritionals, cell phones, etc. You have to read the fine print carefully as there have been many who were merely accused, as in, no proof, and they had their distributorships suspended. Many companies do this to avoid paying out the big money earners, so they are quick to suspend for any little thing in order to steal the income from these poor soles who worked so hard to build an organization and income.

Happened to me in a similar way years ago when deregulation of telcom industry. I built up a nice six figure income within a year knowing the industry and all was great until company decided to suspend network marketing aspect of business, so we all got screwed, not just one distributor, but thousands, many like myself were earning six figures, so lesson learned, never work one business or MLM again.

Long story short, never work one program for it can happen to anyone, just read the fine print, company always has the option to discontinue distributor program, and in my case, this was the start of what is now known as Sprint. Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole even if they offered free cell service. lol We sued under class action, but by the time lawyers grabbed their hundreds of thousands, distributors ended up with a few thousand after about seven years, what a joke.

I have multiple income streams coming in now and don't regret changing strategies after going through what I did. Fortunately, I had traditional telcom business at time, so losing $10K a month didn't wipe me out like it did to many MLMers who put all their eggs in one basket and quit their jobs. Another lesson learned, never give up your traditional income source for any MLM or affiliate type business no matter how much you are earning. I know a dozen $7 figure earners who are now broke in the industry, and dozen more $6 figure earners who are bankrupt. Never work one program, especially since the internet now makes it so easy to promote a dozen seperately if you choose, and I chose this strategy over all others. Old school is working one and only one, times change, so must strategies.

Working programs which help others succeed is as recession proof as it gets since millions of business owners are suffering in these economically tough times. Recession proof businesses should be what you focus on if you want to succeed today. Saving business owners and consumers money is the future in home based businesses as I see it, no longer are people falling for the overpriced hyped up miracle products of yesteryear. It all comes down to value as I see market today. Choose wisely, and look for international based businesses given not all economies are equal, some are up, most are down in last few years. China is huge market, and while U.S. is down and sinking, you have to have products or services which sell worldwide, and this is why internet based business building programs rule.

Best success to all,

Anders J likes this.
  8. Anders J

Anders J Member

Wow thank you for sharing your experience YAGOOFT.

When you leave all the power to the MLM opportunities you have no control ower anything and as yagooft shared here is the fact what can happen. Yes shutdown and take you with them despite your hard work and time put into it.

So if MLM/direct sales is the business model we want to spend our time and money on as far as making a full time income living from home is concerned how do we make it recession proof? Can this actually be done?

Again if you use attraction marketing you are in a different position as people come to you for value and maybe joining you as they see you as a man that can help them reach their goals. The major point here is while you might have the greatest business it is on the backend and the front end educates whoever could be interested. The target market do not know about the business but you before anything happens. All relationships and contacts have been build far from the opportunity so the major role it plays takes a backseat. If it goes then you will still be there with your leads, relationships and everything else you build besides the now long gone opportunity that was not worth the time.

That is so far the efficient way to build any MLM/direct sales kind of business and that is as recession proof as you can make it. It is yours, the leads, the frontend and everything. It is everything I teach.

9. bfryer

bfryer New Member

I believe in multiple income streams myself. Yes, some MLM's are now cracking down on the idea of promoting two companies. I have one primary income and MLM company, but...I use multiple tools to help me build that business. Now to me, that is nothing against that MLM company...because I am using those other resources to build it. They are ok with it, as they should be.

It's a shame that many top earners in the industry are being shunned upon...becoming almost a piece of property to these MLM's that are trying to take complete control of them.

payment proof likes this.
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I see it this way.....

If a company does not allow you to promote other MLM opportunities then you don't want to work with them.

It is none of their business what you do outside their program.

I don't and would never join a program that puts this restriction on me and I don't recommend anyone do this either.

Nabil and Kendra Hanes like this.
  11. bfryer

bfryer New Member

True statement. To add to that...multiple income streams is wonderful...but be sure you solidify one before jumping into ten different ones and don't earn with any of them!

Kendra Hanes and payment proof like this.
  12. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

I have to agree with bfryer. participating in MLM does not make you an employee of the company. If they treat you like one (by restricting you) they should pay you like one (at least).

I also agree focus is important. Build your network first, then start thinking about selling them something else. (complementary if possible)

Good lucj

13. Y Venture

Y Venture New Member

There are and there are even companies that help you to tie them all together and market as well as mange them. Let me know if you need details.

14. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

Looking back over the decades in my own business, nothing is more exciting then to have muliple income streams, and I personally shoot for an even dozen checks coming in monthly. If one deminishes, I will add another income opportunity to pick up where one vanishes. Worked for me and when I look back, one such income stream has been paying me on time everytime for over for nearly two decades to date. Residual multiple income streams is a dream come true if you build them to become self sustainable. Work them and they will work for you for decades. Simple concept of leverage income which is what the MLM industry was created to provide us all.

Success to all,

15. Bunnie1978

Bunnie1978 New Member

16. Jenergy

Jenergy New Member

I know that Isagenix, Enagic, Nerium, and Pure Romance are all companies that allow you to be in different MLM's at the same time.

17. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Natures Pearl allows you to be in another mlm but you can't be in leadership if you choose to be in various mlms. Just makes common sense I think to have that rule. But I have heard of companies that will terminate your membership if you are part of another company. I think that's pretty crooked myself .... but I guess just check the policies before you join anything. :)

18. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

We have a couple of them that allow it.

What you need to do is make sure you're doing it "correctly" and in a manner
    that actually works. There's an "art" to it

Start with asking youself ... "why".

19. Freddie B

Freddie B New Member

Just check the fine print. I don't see anything wrong with multiple streams of income, but I think some people get terminated for promoting competing products, like 2 telecom services or nutrition companies, etc.