Morning Jogs!

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by sizzle, Aug 1, 2008.

1. sizzle

sizzle New Member

A few months ago I suffered from a stress-induced panic attack and it was no joke. But I overcame it and it's all thanks to morning jogs![​IMG]

Many people find it difficult to get up in the morning, but if you work at home then no doubt waking up early is something you have to do anyway.

So as soon as you get up (let's say at about 5:30am) get into your jogging gear and head to the park! Jog or walk for about 30 mins to an hour. On your way back home you'll feel like you've done yourself a favour, and it will feel awesome!

It really works on the stress, and it also helps your mood throughout the day.[​IMG]

Best of luck!

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Sizzle,

I couldn't agree more and that's what I do. I go on my morning jog just after sunset. I've been doing that since the late 1980's. My wife does it and so do my brothers. Runner's High is a great high.

~Newbie Shield~

3. cebarber2

cebarber2 New Member

Yes, running is very invigorating, I must say from experience. Stress disappears almost instantly, so it seems. it clears your mind and allows for constructive and creative thinking. It helps when you need to "step back" and look at the big picture.

4. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I do not jog, but go on brisk 3.5-4 miles walks in the morning with one of my dogs. It certainly makes a huge difference in stress levels. We've had alot of rain the past few weeks in FL at odd times throughout the day so I was more limited than usual, and definitely noticed the difference (so did my dog LOL!)

When I go to the gym on the treadmill it works to an extent, but there is something about getting outside that is much more effective for me.

5. kingjim

kingjim New Member

We try and go for morning walk it depends on how I slept. I like to go for a cycle in the evening. Not only is it good exercise you get to see all the nice people, sunset and get fresh air.

I also notice my heartburn reduces with exercise and my relationship is better. I never regret exercising-unlike some things I get up to [​IMG]

KJ

6. euphorex

euphorex New Member

[​IMG]I agreed with you Sizzle. Very earlier is refreshing because it's cool, quiet and refreshing very earlier in the morning. I always pause to listen to the birds in the park before I carry on my jogging.

7. jpaman

jpaman New Member

I completely agree!! I find that it doesn't necessarily have to be jogs. If you get up and do something/anything that gets your heart pumping before you start your day then you will definitely see a decrease in your stress levels. I also find that I have more energy all day long..

8. Newbie Shield

A half hour a day is all you need regardless of the type of exercise. A half hour or more straight is all we need each day and that isn't much to ask of anyone :)

~Newbie Shield~

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: A half hour a day is all you need regardless of the type of exercise. A half hour or more straight is all we need each day and that isn't much to ask of anyone [​IMG]

I agree - it's just that the bed feels so darn good at that time of the day.[​IMG]

(actually hubby and I DO go walking quite frequently in the morning. We walk a brisk two mile walk in 26 minutes and it gets the blood pumping... but I have to say he has to prodd me some mornings as I am a night owl and I am best buddies with my warm bed in the morning...)

10. Newbie Shield

Hi Mountain,

26 for 2 minutes is cool. If you can do that 7 days each week then good for you.

Free personal trainer advice = get it down to 18 minutes as your next land mark. Then get it down to a nice and very relaxed jog at 16 minutes.

When you are ready, jog four miles at 30 minutes seven days a week and enjoy teen age physique and ;) benefits.

Once you get it down, seek a local and/or digital Tai Chi instructor for both meditation and martial arts. I promise, you'll be extremely happy if you follow this simple and non-demanding step by step framework for getting in shape and much more.

~Newbie Shield~

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: teen age physique

I take that! You know, this exercise stuff is so much like trying to make money online... unless I stay at it, I will NEVER even come close to that teen age physique you mentioned, will I?? [​IMG]

12. Newbie Shield

Hi Mountain,

Yes and much more. You'll also get runner's high and won't be able to quit the routine.

I've been very much in shape my whole life but my brothers and I have been into running since the 70's and we'll never let it go because it's better then over-the-counter drugs as well as illicit drugs.

Only Tai Chi and deep meditation can beat simple and achievable runner's high.

I do all three and wouldn't trade if for anything.

Just take it in baby steps as mentioned above and you'll get that teenage physique and more in a very short time.

~Newbie Shield~

13. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

We have a weight room at my campus, and thats how i get high
    with my workout buddies.

I cut out running from my workouts because i was burning up too
    many calories and i wasn't eating enough to replenish what i lost.

lol, ive got like 2% body fat. [​IMG]

14. Business Logos

Business Logos New Member

If I ran as much as I think about running, I'd be in amazing shape, too bad that does not count. I look at the window and see the snow and decide to hibernate some more....

15. Newbie Shield

Whoopsie, I think I meant to say 26 minutes for 2 miles. I had it in reverse, sorry.

16. djimelee

djimelee New Member

I strongly agree that having an enough exercise will help u out of stress, and lightness in ur body and mind for the whole day..so better start ur day with it..[​IMG]

17. mediafreak

mediafreak New Member

Morning exercises like your morning jogs are very therapeutic. One good way to help you get out of stress. It even makes your body become fit, re-energized and it is also good for your stamina.

18. mjb13815

mjb13815 New Member

There are some great tips for running/jogging. I need to start running again. I felt much better and more energized. When you go to school for architecture, say bye bye to exercise and sleep. I just graduated so now I need to get back into working out again.

19. bing

bing New Member

sizzle: Many people find it difficult to get up in the morning, but if you work at home then no doubt waking up early is something you have to do anyway.
    It's actually opposite that happens at home. My husband is a home-based freelancer and his prime working is until late night. And same with me, sometimes we finish passed midnight and so we end up waking up late.

I hope I can go back to jogging. We used to do it before(2 years ago when we didn't have online jobs). I want to feel again the comfort and the energy brought by jogging or exercise. (*sighs...)