Motivation after work

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Karen Clark, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Karen Clark

Karen Clark New Member

I would like to get motivation after work. I work a day job and I'm tired when I come home. I currently live with my sister and would like to afford an apartment. How do you find motivation of working from home after your day job? I thought maybe if I go to a cafe after work that might get me more motivation. Any sites you recommend for working at home in the evenings? I like mturk, but find that there aren't many good hits in the evenings.

Thanks,
    Karen

2. TniComRec

TniComRec Member

Do you work at home during the day? Have you ever tried to set out a task to do when you get home and enforce the rule that nothing else will work if you don't get that one task done? Maybe that would be motivation enough?

3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Free make money opportunities are a great way to earn. They are also very flexible and can be done any time you want to. As for motivation, I find exercise gives me energy. Even when I'm tired, if I take a brisk walk, etc. I feel more energized afterwards.

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Use the desire to have your very own apartment as an incentive. Imagine holding the key to your own place in your hands. Feel the excitement, satisfaction and independence you'll have when you put that key in the door and enter your personal space. Magnify that image in your mind and let it marinate in a burning desire to attain it. You'll be surprised how much that simple mental exercise can trigger the motivation you need to do what's necessary to make it happen.

Hermas

SandraGJ likes this.
  5. HABS

HABS New Member

These are great tips.

You should also decorate your home workspace with images of your target - nice houses and apartments, pictures of people enjoying free time and independence.

But the biggest thing I can recommend is to adopt the mindset of "I CAN and I WILL." And actually start to train your mind that it's real. You CAN and you WILL if you realize it's true.

Print those words out as large as you can and put them where you will see them frequently. This will act as a reminder of what's possible if you put your mind to it.

Although I'm not sure sites like mTurk will ever provide you with the sort of stable income needed to be able to put a deposit down on an apartment. There are way better ways of supplementing an income. Just my 2c.

6. HABS

HABS New Member

To answer your question about sites to make money in the evenings - that all depends on your skill set. Elance and oDesk are great for freelancers of all different varieties. You could also try Digital Point's services section where you can find work in writing, design, programming and a whole slew of disciplines. Warrior Forum has a warriors for hire section where you can be paid to test different offers and "WSO" pre-releases.

If you get stuck with anything, just send me a private message here and I'll help you get under way.

7. VicHugo

VicHugo New Member

Hi Karen,

1. One of the things you can do is approach it in terms of daily and weekly schedule by blocking out the time that you can zero in on doing your income producing activities.

You definitely need to schedule time,..even if it is just 2 hrs or 1 and still have time for other responsibilities in your life.

Also......even when you have short time.. such as breaks, lunches,..etc... you can do a bit as well....nothing major but the small things you can do within those short time.

We all have 24 hrs....it's a matter of how much you can do within those 24 hrs.

The one book I recommend for that is the 12 week year by Brian P. Moran, Michael Lennington.

It's a great way to stay focused and productive and, yet not feel like a slave to your business.

2. Another thing too is, have a morning ritual. Include into the mix of the routine...the book I recommend is The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod and Pat Petroni.

Every single top income producer does this no matter what company they are with.

Research backs it up that a person actually get things done more than any other time of the day are very resilient and can take the day better than night owls.

I would check out Pat Petroni's website on that as well.

3. Don't try to do everything,.....only focus on income producing activities and outsource everything else to Fivver, ODesk, or even Interns. Multi-tasking not the way to go.

4. Have a vision...meaning.....how do you want to see yourself and also what do you see yourself doing? It has be clear and definite rather than cloudy and not definite for that to be stronga nd meaningful enough for it work to pull you through it all and keep you going.

Not talking about your why.....a why is different than your vision.

Create a vision book....with images of where you would like to go and write down afformations....check out the book Noah St. John's "The Secret Code of Success" and "If You Can count To four..Here How To Get Everything You want Out Of Life" by Dr. Robert C. Worstell and James Breckenridge Jones

5. Leverage the alternative...meaning...use that feeling you don't like or circumstance you don't like as a way to push you. So you have a vision to pull and the alternative to push you.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  8. Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital New Member

The perfect motivation for me was imaging myself walking into my boss's office with Ray Ban sunglasses on and telling him "I Quit!"...only because i just made in 2 weeks what that crappy job would have paid me in a year. Then getting into my new sports car and driving off into the sunset. I know it sounds a like a cliche scene from a movie, but that could be a reality for anyone. Financial Freedom is a great motivator.

9. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

It's all in the mindset. You can't really 'find' your motivation unless you already have it somewhere in you. The sole idea that made you think about buying your first apartment should be a vision to move you forward. As far as I can see, it's not that much about motivation, it's more about your life priorities and a bit of laziness (no offense).

10. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Try to do something every night even if its just writing a blog post or writing an article or creating a page on your site. Remind yourself why you are doing it.. Is it because you want freedom/become your own boss? Hate your day job ect.. I would use that as motivation..