Multi Level Marketing - am I wasting my time $$ ???

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by feelingscammed, Feb 14, 2007.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Gail,

I can totally relate to you in many ways and I can tell you that it does not have to be this hard for you.

Contacting people, calling leads, and working as hard as you worked in the past does not mean you are doing anything wrong. If you have someone in your upline team who is doing well then why not learn from them.

I don't know, for me I would not be able to go back and start to talk to people and try to recruit them.

There are other easier ways to bring people into your business and you can do it all online without calling leads and begging people to join you.

There are companies online that do very well and you really don't have to call leads or contact friends or family. Maybe I am a big chicken myself. I will never call leads and beg them to join me. I will never contact family and friends to maybe join me and my team.

You can do so much better online by just focusing on bringing people to the company's website and let the system do the selling for you.

Email me and I can show you how I am doing this.

Tal
  2. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Member

Feeling Scammed,

I want to encourage your to stick to your business and move forward instead of quitting. What you have realized is actually the key to earning in an MLM, you have to recruit other distributors in order to realize residual income. Yes, this seems like a big task, but the trick to it is to find a marketing system that attracts the right people to be distributors, then teaches them to do the same thing; in a word, duplication.

There are a few systems online that will teach you this without inserting their own sales pitch for one thing or another. I happen to belong to one. If you find one of these sites, you can learn a generic system that can be tailored to your business, and then use this system to train others.

Yes, this will take a little work and time, but in the end, the residual income will be worth it.
  3. Interesting,

There are few businesses which do not carry a fair load of stress and uncertainty, and since few can predict the future, you never know just how close you may be to true success, and it is for this reason you cannot quit, and sadly, most do, and even worse, most quit after only a few months.

Success to all,
  4. shaun

shaun New Member

FREEBUSINESSES: Interesting,

There are few businesses which do not carry a fair load of stress and uncertainty, and since few can predict the future, you never know just how close you may be to true success, and it is for this reason you cannot quit, and sadly, most do, and even worse, most quit after only a few months.

Success to all,
    I Totally agree here.
    I'm always astounded by people who join up all excited ..spend a consideable amount of money & do NOTHING!
    Even more astounded when they come back 12 months later and do it all AGAIN !
  5. BusinessBuilder

BusinessBuilder New Member

Building an MLM is just as hard as building any business. The only difference is the initial investment, which is MUCH smaller than starting an offline business - retail store - service business, etc.

The good is that you usually get good training to promote the product and the business.

The bad is they usually tell you how easy it is and how much money you can make.

It's imperative that you study the market to determine if there is a need for the product and if it can compete with what's already out there. And as few already stated here, do you really want to carry inventory and deliver products? The current economy will also have an affect on a product's success.

Many MLMs have gotten away from distributor inventory due to the MLM laws. It's great that most have online order systems to take and ship orders.

The general rule of starting any business is find what people want and give it to them. Your MLM success will depend on finding that MLM company that will fill the need of the market and allow you to build the residual income with ongoing auto-ship orders.

You also need a upline that is IN their business. If your upline does not provide the support you need, then you need a good system for your team to use to duplicate what you do. Training them is just like training an employee.

Here's an example: Melaleuca has green products that are hot right now and therefore fills the market need. It won't make you rich, but many are successful at replacing their j-o-b and can work for great bonuses.

Now decide - do you want and are you willing to do all the work of creating a product or company and the marketing materials needed to advertise your product/company? Would you rather do affiliate marketing on the Internet where all you do is sell the products for a commission?
  6. floridalady

floridalady New Member

It is not the MLM industry that is the problem. The problem maybe that you join a company that the products are not needed by most people and the commissions are too small. MLM industry, in my opionion, is the the best industry for people to own their own work at home business. Owning your own business, where you can work at home and also make residual income is a dream of most people. Sometimes you have to work a few MLM companies before you find a company that is right for you. This is not a waste of time but a learning experience. Take what you learn from this company and bring your experience to a new company. Look for a company that offers people benefits that they will use every month. People are interested in recession proof products and an easy way to market their business. A company that offers a free website and Internet marketing training to promote your business is the new way to promote mult-level marketing.
  7. drunyan

drunyan New Member

It sounds like you have tried mlms that require one-on-one selling like Mary Kay and the candle business. Holding parties or one-on-one sessions to sell small dollar products is a hard way to earn money. It also takes up the time you could be generating leads for a downline. And a downline is another problem with these two endeavors. You would obviously not make alot from their sales, even if you developed a very successful downline. If you are going to try another mlm, I would suggest something that is more high dollar so you can make more commission off of what you sale and what your downline sales. Good luck in the future whatever you do.
    Diane
  8. performance

performance New Member

I agree with what so many have already said. I have tried so many different companies over the years so I could stay home with my children and support us at the same time. It is rough. One thing I have found is what works for one may not work for you. I personally do not feel MLM or Network Marketing is bad. It is just a matter of finding the right company for you. And I believe that everything we try while on our discovery holds a lesson. I do believe it is time for you to look for a new company.
  9. Elur MLM

Elur MLM New Member

You will be wasting your time & money if you're jumping here & there, looking for the next big thing.

Put in few years of hard work & effort... Have passion on what you're doing.

Good luck! [​IMG]
  10. Elur MLM
    Agreed,

There will always be the next best thing, so try and choose the best product offering either the best value, or unique exclusive product, and if possible, a niche product so you have less competition.

There are so many new programs starting every day that you do really have to try and focus in on what interests you most. The newest does not always mean the best, just as the oldest and most well established may not be the best for you, so always look for and focus on what you can believe in and get behind with a full commitment. Then never quit, the number one reason why most fail is they quit too soon.

Success to all, Mike
  11. fmiceo

fmiceo New Member

MLM can be a valid business model depending on the integrity of it's founders or creators. Life is not about Linear income it's about Dynamic Income. Remember that the internet it full of bias opinions and some good opinions. The only true way to get the facts about a MLM business is to do thorough research, talk to live people, find people who have already been successful and who can be trusted. So many people get into the MLM industry but fail to plan and plan to fail. You have to find like-minded individuals. It is very very true that you can do it as long as you stay committed & work hard. It's very important to have the three D's which are Dedication, Determination, and Discipline. If you are focused on your End-Goal and ready to take action towards it then just do it. Don't think twice..the only person who can fire you is you! Quiters are never winners and winners never quit...But it's very important that you find a company that you can trust.

If you have the right vehicle everything else falls into place once you take action. You should be able to make great money by doing both bringing people in as business partners and also as customers. If the company is a great company then they will have a great compensation for either or