My advice on getting paid to take surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by happygal, May 16, 2006.

1. twnuck

twnuck New Member

happygal, thanks for your advice on this topic. You hit the nail on the head in many different ways. One more reason why this forum is awesome!

Todd

2. happygal

happygal Member

Hey, you are welcome! Appreciate the nice feedback!

3. melbak

melbak New Member

Happygal,
    Once you sign up with these companies do they automatically send surveys to you or do you have to visit their websites to see what they are offering?

4. ginginca

ginginca New Member

Honestly, I have never made $26 / hour doing surveys. Besides, I make far more than that at my other endeavors.

I registered with all the big ones and dozens of smaller ones. I complete every survey that comes my way. A lot of them pay $3 to $5. And then when you finally get enough to get a check it takes a while for it to arrive.

5. kristan

kristan New Member

I average about $25-30 per hour doing surveys. That said, I only spend a couple of hours each month working on them. For those who don't understand, the hourly statement can be misleading. While it is a very realistic amount, most people will only work a few minutes each day on surveys. It isn't a full time job- even when signed up with 300+ companies! It's still a very easy way to earn money from home with no investment, though.

Melbak: Most companies will send an email invitation to participate in available surveys. I like having a seprate email address just for surveys- I check it when I have time to complete them and I don't have to worry about my invitations getting overlooked in the midst of personal emails. Keeps things nice an organized!

6. happygal

happygal Member

Yes, Kristan is totally right on this. I spend 15-30 minutes a day TOPS doing surveys and make $300-$600 a month on them...You figure out the math and it comes out to a nice hourly wage...but it's not a 40 hour work week [​IMG]

7. daniellewis

daniellewis New Member

I have been looking into the work at home stuff for the last few months and I found a site that reviews a bunch of work at home opportunities, they have a paid section and a free section (the free section is pretty small) and I signed up on the free paid surveys usa link on their site and also on one of the paid sites.

Im kinda dissapointed in the money i've made so far with all the survey sites, im trying to find more ways to make better money and im wondering what everyone experience has been with the paid work at home sites?

So far I have made less than 50 bucks with the free site but the paid affiliate system I made just over 100 dollars in the first month but they took back 30 something for a refund and this month im up to 67 dollars. Thats not bad considering I paid less than i made my first month and hopefully it will keep making money the way they say.

Does anyone know about any other paid systems that really work? I would like to get to a point where I can just stay home and make money without a "real" job.

8. marksjerky

marksjerky New Member

I've been doing paid surveys for about 4 months now, cashed out about $250 so far. Just finished a 15 minute survey on house paint that paid $40, that was kinda exciting.

9. ginginca

ginginca New Member

I signed up for a number of them in May ... took every survey that came my way.

I have earned a total of $20. (But still have to receive a check.)

10. happygal

happygal Member

It can take awhile for some of them to pay...but who did you do them with ginginca?

11. robert downing

robert downing New Member

hi happygal,

my wife does paid surveys and has started getting bits of payments in the mail. she's works from home part time. i'm interested in doing paid surveys as well, but most sites only accept one membership per household. i work 40 hours a week, but am interested in finding work outside the office

since it wouldn't take much time for either of us, i figured either my wife would do surveys, or i would do surveys, but i'm guessing that one demographic is going to pull in more invitations, and that's how i'd figure out who of the two of us would sign up and do surveys. is there any indication or inclination in paid survey sites as to what demographic is more desirable, or in the most demand? which demographic would end up with the most cash flow.

Any clues anyone?

12. WAHA

WAHA New Member

Quoting: gingincaI signed up for a number of them in May ... took every survey that came my way.

I have earned a total of $20. (But still have to receive a check.)

Happygirl is right, some of them do take a while to pay out but I have never had a time where I havent received what was owing to me.

13. happygal

happygal Member

Thanks WAHA. August was a bit slower for me, but after the Labor Day holiday things already seem to be picking up again in the survey world [​IMG]

14. sonyam

sonyam New Member

I have a list of about 40-50 surveys. I am signed up will all of them yet they dont make good money. The pay is low & you dont get very many. but global test market sends more then most. I have been a member of pinecone for 2 months & have only gotten 1 survey so far.

15. happygal

happygal Member

Yes, Global is a great one. I really appreciate that they reward you for being active enough to try, even if you don't always qualify.

16. Archaedemos

Archaedemos New Member

hey HappyGal You seem to be the one (even without all the props from everyone else :) ) I cant seem to see your "blog" thingy when i get to the page it says there is an error? maybe you can help me.? I wanna check out your list :)

17. happygal

happygal Member

Did you try it recently? I was just updating it and it's working for me.

18. netvalar

netvalar New Member

I did surveys twice in the past 3 years some I was still a member for the second time around others I had to sign up again. The gist is how much time you put into the paid surveys. The more surveys you do the more different companies will send out to you. Also the more active you are and better demographics you fall into the higher paying survesy and or focus groups you will recieve. Though the first time I was averaging $33/hr the second time around I was averaging $16/hr still great hourly rate either time. I may need to check out some of happy's lists to add them to those sites I suggest to others.

19. happygal

happygal Member

Remember that surveys offer no guarantees. It all depends on who you are signed up with, who you are (your demographics), and how quickly you are able to repsond, before the fill up. Just don't limit yourself and be persistent.

20. WebGuru

WebGuru New Member

Happygal I have one question for you. You have to quailfy for the surveys first. Thats hard to do. It seem you are having some success
    with surveys.

That's Great Happygal