My advice on getting paid to take surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by happygal, May 16, 2006.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the board and have been reading through the messages. Could someone please direct me to a few of the top sites to join for the surveys? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. kristan

kristan New Member

Hi Sherry. There are several posts in this blog that have signatures pointing you in the right direction for 'real' paid surveys. (Not the ones that ask you to pay! There are plenty of free real directories to get you started.)

3. happygal

happygal Member

And Sherry, my advice would be don't go crazy and sign up with 400 sites...but at the same time, don't limit yourself to just a "few" either or you won't feel like you make much. It's have a great solid mix that gets you paid more often.

4. dc1576

dc1576 New Member

Happygal,

I would kind of reccomend the opposite. The way I was able to find eight really good sites that pay every month was by signing up with 400 and then widdling ddown to ones that are worth wild. A major thing to remember if someone uses this strategy is to have a seperate email account because you will receive alot of junki.

5. happygal

happygal Member

Very true. There are days I get tons of invites and qualify for nothing...so that is why I say there are no guarantees. Just keep trying and be honest [​IMG]

6. benchia

benchia New Member

I failed to follow your rule #1, paid out $$ but have yet to recieve any form of survey. Wish I had come across this forum earlier. doh!

7. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

benchia if you paid through clickbank recently for that list you can probably get your money back. Doesn't hurt to try!

8. benchia

benchia New Member

Quoting: photomom04benchia if you paid through clickbank recently for that list you can probably get your money back. Doesn't hurt to try!

hey photomom04, thank you for the advice. Will be looking into it ASAP.

9. benchia

benchia New Member

Have been refunded by clickbank. Another big thank you to photomom04.

10. happygal

happygal Member

Good to hear. Always worth fighting the scammers!

11. mazzy_star_fan

mazzy_star_fan New Member

Hi there Happygal! I have clicked on your link quite a few times and the link that appears is just a page that says blog source, survey stars and the rest of it is empty. I would really really like to find out what paid survey sites you recommend. Is there any other way i could get these links from you? [​IMG]

12. hellsangel42

hellsangel42 New Member

thanks for all the great info happygal is a well put together site.

13. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Quoting: benchiaHave been refunded by clickbank. Another big thank you to photomom04

Doin the happy dance here!

14. happygal

happygal Member

No problem, my pleasure. I occassionally hear of people who just see the banner...it usually seems to stem from their web browser for some reason. have you tried it recently?

15. happygal

happygal Member

I just got a few emails connecting back to this post asking about blogsource. Note that the blogsoure blog went away a long time ago...my site is with blogspot now.

16. mmoody

mmoody New Member

happygal, thanks for all your info. I tried doing the survey thing with SurveySpot and I wasn't that excited about it. However, after reading your blog I may be inclined to try it again.

17. krarslan

krarslan New Member

Legitimate survey sites would never ask you to pay money. Also, while many sites are free to sign up with, they don't target their panel well enough, and end up sending too many invitations for surveys that you don't actually qualify for. Unfortunately, taking surveys online won't make you rich, but if you make it part of the many things you do online, or from home, it can add up. Look for survey sites that are attached to real market research firms who are doing real surveys for real clients for best results.

18. jenniferyost

jenniferyost New Member

I have actually had some success making some extra cash online too. Just be careful because some are not legit.

19. DCalfee39

DCalfee39 New Member

I have tried several of the survey sites listed and came up empty handed. Most either reward with an "entry" in their "daily sweepstakes" or I am disqualified 20 or 30 minutes into the survey.
    Big waste of time and definitely won't help pay the bills.

20. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

OP - good advice! To help combat all of the e-mails that you get from various survey companies (and to avoid having to check your e-mail every 5 minutes to thumb through everything), I've always had a separate e-mail address setup JUST for surveys. Helps me keep a better track of everything that way, too [​IMG]