My Computer Repair Business

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by bartlett, Jun 8, 2006.

1. bartlett

bartlett New Member

Hi everyone,

my name is Justin and I'm 16 years old. I've set up a small business website at [Link removed - Admin] , because I'm not really a webdesigner and they have a system where you can select a layout and add content, which is very easy and non-techy [​IMG] .

Anyway, my website link is [Link removed - Admin] and I was wondering what you guys think of it. Don't judge the lay out since it is automatically generated by Business-Web, but does it have enough info to attract people?

The website is intented for people living within my region, my mom doesn't allow me to add my personal information on the internet.

Thanks for your feedback!!!

Justin
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Hi Justin. You need to add much much more to your website to attract customers. Simply writing a paragraph about your business won't attract anybody. Include feedback from your clients, areas you specialize and your USP. If possible, write a blog featuring latest developments in your business. That will let your customers know that you know your business.

Although I can understand your mom's concern, listing your address/contact number is very important to build credibility. Here's an article that'll help you overcome this:

How to Create a Professional Image on a Limited Budgetl

And yes, I must commend you on startng so early!
  3. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

Hey Justin,

You started well, but like Vishal said, you need more info. Perhaps you could list a cost range of certain types of fixes and/or services you provide?

You should explain how people can get their laptops or computers to your 'business location' as well - and if you have any 'sastified customer' statements, certainly include those as well.

Also, re contact, perhaps you can list a mailing box address - not quite like a P.O. box, because I know many people don't like to see a business listed as a postal address, but perhaps those that you can use that appears more like a Suite # than a P.O. box - but then again, you could explain that in your 'About Us' or a More about my Company page...

And yes, good for you, starting early to establish a business for yourself. Good Luck with it!
  4. bartlett

bartlett New Member

Thx guys, I'm working on on getting more information on my website, I'll have that fixed within two weeks. Thanks for the help everyone!
  5. computershy

computershy New Member

Love your mac graphic!

Personally, I would dump the Google ads. I think they detract from your credibility.

Put a footer on the bottom of each Web page with your contact information (including phone number).

Expand more on your services and put your qualifications on the main page.

How about putting pictures of you fixing a computer on the "About Us" page?

A service guarantee may also be a good selling point.

Do you fix Macs? I would definitely say so if that is the case.

I think you need some pricing information --- such as an hourly wage. Many people would shy away from hiring somebody if they don't know how much they will be paying.

Good luck with your business!