My drop shipping success and tips

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by workingathome, Jun 7, 2008.

1. workingathome

workingathome New Member

I put up an inexpensive website (if you need one, contact me privately and I'll send you the link to the company I use) and got my sellers permit. I asked different companies if I could list their product on my site and then contact them with the sale. They then ship to my customers.

How does it work? Usually they'll give you a discount on their product and then you charge full price from your website.

Is this better than an affiliate program? Yes, because you know the sales are coming through on your site. With an affiliate program, you're not sure if your hard work is getting back into your pocket.
  2. Good idea.

I suppose it's just easier to promote affilaite products and takes more time contacting different companies.

If this works for you, that is great.

How are you promoting your site?

Barb.
  3. herwindz

herwindz New Member

ya, to make good sale i think we need to get our site to be well known.
    If nobody visit our site than there will be no sale could happen.
    Or you have any spesific method?
  4. sherrimac

sherrimac New Member

Is this easy to do if you aren't savvy with web design?
  5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I read an interesting blog post a while back where a marketer purchased invenroty via his affiliate link, and sold it on eBay and made a decent profit.
    I have not tried this, mainly because I want to focus on other things.
    Victoria
  6. titant

titant New Member

Hello

Thanks for the information ,would you please if possible advice how to make a cheap website but god enough ,also how to host it.

I will appareciate your help

Regadrs
  7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

workingathome: Is this better than an affiliate program? Yes, because you know the sales are coming through on your site. With an affiliate program, you're not sure if your hard work is getting back into your pocket.

How do handle payments and which payment processor do you use? What is the percentage of charge backs?
  8. Abbi

Abbi New Member

workingathome: Is this better than an affiliate program? Yes, because you know the sales are coming through on your site. With an affiliate program, you're not sure if your hard work is getting back into your pocket.

I don't see your point here. With an affiliate program you can also see sales are coming from your site and you get your share from the affiliate program itself.

The benefit of dropshipping is that you can set your own price but you also run more risks. With affiliate programs you don't have to deal with customers as this is done by the affiliate program.

But if you know some good dropshipping companies I'm always interested.
  9. Burn and Earn

Burn and Earn New Member

Titant....

Office Live offers free websites that are easy to make. Also, Goddaddy.com offers reasonably priced sites and very inexpensive hosting.
  10. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

Abbi: workingathome:
    Is this better than an affiliate program? Yes, because you know the sales are coming through on your site. With an affiliate program, you're not sure if your hard work is getting back into your pocket.

I don't see your point here. With an affiliate program you can also see sales are coming from your site and you get your share from the affiliate program itself.

The benefit of dropshipping is that you can set your own price but you also run more risks. With affiliate programs you don't have to deal with customers as this is done by the affiliate program.

But if you know some good dropshipping companies I'm always interested.

I agree with Abbi. There's also always the possibility that the seller doesn't own up to his end of the deal and actually ships the product. Then you, as the dropshipper, are held responsible...

With affiliate marketing, you never have to deal with that, or the customer at all. I like it better that way. [​IMG]
  11. z2ac2k

z2ac2k New Member

drop shipping is crap!!! If you have a website it is more realistic but if you want to drop ship on ebay like all the dropshippers suggest its crap! Im not saying it doesnt work but you will have to post atleast 2000 items and make about 25 to 50 cents profit on each to be able to compete. Now you have to keep up with the inventory on 2000 items from your dropshippers. affiliates is by far your best bet unless you can find a reliable dropshipper that is going to dropship to you only (yea right). so save yourself the time and trouble and run as fast as you can from dropshipping
  12. phil stone

phil stone New Member

Dropshipping works if you know what you are doing! But like anything that works it takes time and effort to become successful! Dropshipping is just one of several potential income streams on the internet - but the key to all these things is training.

As with any online or offline business opportunity you must make sure that the training is included in the cost of the business. Otherwise it is like buying a car without knowing how to drive.
  13. jackstone

jackstone New Member

I've been looking at dropshipping services, do you know any good ones? I want to sell on my own website. I've been looking at selftrading.co.uk/dropship and theselect.co.uk they seem to have a good range of products and self trading do answer the phone.

I know there are a few free ones around but the market seems very flooded with their products.

Thanks