My fear of creating an ebook as a Newbie

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, Sep 6, 2011.

1. robinincarolina Silver Member

I have been doing affiliate marketing for two years now in a very competitive niche. I have become an expert of sorts and had built a following. I wanted to create my own ebook but to be honest, it scared me to death. I am technically challenged. I want to post this today to prove that these fears were not valid and yes even I could get an ebook up and for sell online in less than a day. I had the book written for months in my documents and was waiting for I have no clue what. I decide to jump in and get it done. My landing page needs a lot of work, but the point is, I got it done and am making some cash.

The thing about it that I could not wrap my head around and what was holding me back was so simple really. I could not imagine how a visitor could purchase and download my digital book and it all work automatically. Silly I know, but since I could not understand this concept, I assumed it was difficult.

I used a free website, added a paypal button, created a second hidden page on the same site with the download and thank you page together and ta da, it all worked like clockwork. I had no idea it was that simple.

So to the newbies out there or to those who are like me that didn't even (and still don't) really know what everything is and how it works, don't let it scare you. Jump in and do it. It's probably not as scary as you think.

I can remember when terms like domain name, landing page, seo, keyword research were foreign to me. Many things still are, but regardless, don't give up!
  2. Just2EZ Gold Member

Thanks Robin, fear not.
    Hope it's becomes a best seller!

"Thinking will not overcome fear but action will. "
    W. Clement Stone

or my trick for overcoming fear:
    Faith
    Enthusiasm
    Action
    Results
  3. Just2EZ Gold Member

Just2EZ: it's becomes
    oops, my age is showing, too late to edit it now.

robinincarolina: I assumed it was difficult
    We all know what assumptions do.

Finishing is the hardest part, just keep starting.
    Editing is easy and gives you a 2nd edition.
    After that you can go for a sequel.
    Results come from Action.
  4. A8ch Gold Member

robinincarolina: I wanted to create my own ebook but to be honest, it scared me to death. I am technically challenged.
    I'm laughing as I write this because I too remember when I kept avoiding the idea of creating an ebook, for the very same reason... fear!

That fake, imaginary monster - False Expectations Appearing Real - has kept many people from pursuing their dreams. And the worst part is, that monster is usually their own creation. We tend to fear what we don't understand.

robinincarolina: I decided to jump in and get it done. My landing page needs a lot of work, but the point is, I got it done and am making some cash.
    Good for you! Taking action and going head on against your fear (or feet first as you did) [IMG] is usually the best way to defeat this invisible imposter, and expose him as a wimp!

Hermas
  5. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Cheers Robin [IMG]

That was an inspiring post.
  6. Just2EZ Gold Member

robinincarolina: My landing page needs a lot of work, but the point is, I got it done
    When you work on your landing page consider a SHARE BUTTON, top & bottom.
    Only takes one or two shares with a big following to start an avalanche of orders.
    Is that scary or what?
    Thanks for sharing!
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

What an inspiring post... something I have been to fearful to do as well, or maybe it's more that I don't know what I have to offer that anyone would want! [IMG]