My first contribution........

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by jdejvet, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jdejvet

jdejvet New Member

Hi all,

For the first time ever, I, Me, housewife, was able to support our family in a time of need!

We never want for anything and our needs are always taken care of by my husband's paychecks. But this past week, we had a vehicle that started running weird (audi) well, when we took it in, we found out that it just needed a tune up. This cost almost $800! It was the first one we ever got with this car, and knew that any work done on it would be expensive, but this was ridiculous.

It completely drained our bank account to say the least.

If It wasn't for the money I had in paypal, we wouldn't have been able to make our house payment without putting it on a card, which we hated that idea.

I know I said that I wouldn't post about my success (and I haven't given exact amounts), but this is so much more than that. I had the chance to give of myself for my family (I always give my time and energy as a housewife, but I had earned money and we really needed it!). That is a much better feeling to me than the suprises coming into my paypal account.

This may not mean that much to those who have worked their whole lives, but for me, it was priceless. My husband was so reluctant because of pride, but knew we had no choice. Now that he sees how happy it makes me, maybe I will be able to do it again. I told him, "I love our family as much as you do. Please let me do this."

Thanks for letting me share.

To each one of your's success,
  2. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

That's so awesome Jennifer! I can feel the excitement in your post, being able to help your family financially is an amazing feeling. It's truly a priceless feeling the first time it happens. You're doing great!

Dana
  3. affiliatesheree

affiliatesheree New Member

That is wonderful Jennifer.

I love to hear work at home moms excited about their business.

I think the key is to treat it like any other business and work hard. Your work today will always pay off tomorrow and when you take it seriously, you'll have a lasting enterprise that will just grow and grow as your experience and knowledge grow.

Keep at it, you won't regret it. My Newbie Helpsite has forever changed my life. I really feel like I'm making a contribution out here on the world wide web.

There's nothing like the feeling you get when hard work and your own creativity result in success.

Sheree
  4. Trojan9

Trojan9 New Member

Thats awesome. congratulations. Maybe you could get your husband in some way involved in your business too, and then pride won't be an issue. In addition, it could bring you closer together, even if its a made up position like my fiancees. She is my executive consultant, lol, she loves it.

again, great to hear.
  5. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Congratulations Jennifer.

I know the feeling, and I am really happy for you. I wish you continued success.
  6. rach2306

rach2306 New Member

God you must feel so proud well done. Men are sometimes too proud but as a family I believe you work together. Wanted to say hi. I have just joined with the hope of getting some help. I work full time as a medical rep in the real world but would love to work from home and be able to pick my daughter up from school. I have learnt how to build the websites (which by the way was not easy lol) but am having trouble selling and promoting. Can any of you offer any advice?
  7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Congratulations Jennifer!