My first lens

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by Scarlet Spider, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider New Member

Hello everyone, I've recently published my first lens on Squidoo as another way to promote my personal blog, and I was hoping to get some feedback/critique/advice.

http://www.squidoo.com/the-best-batman-comics-for-new-readers

I haven't really started to advertise/promote this yet, so any advice in that field would be helpful. I plan on branching out and being as varied as possible when it comes to topics, but I figured this would be a good start given how popular The Dark Knight Rises was.

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

For a new Squidooer you created an excellent first lens. Don't stop there, write some more. Great job!

Hermas

Scarlet Spider likes this.
  3. Scarlet Spider

I definitely will. Thank you for the kind words and for the nice comment on my lens, I appreciate it!

4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

5. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Nice job on your lens.. you can create more content by writing articles and linking back to your lens so your lens will rank in the search engines higher.. great job!..

6. Scarlet Spider

Thanks again guys, I greatly appreciate the feedback and I will definitely create more backlinks. As of now, for not really fully advertising my lens, I actually made a couple sales on it ($4.29 so far, which is really nice). I also made three other lenses, one a Superman comic related lens (in the same style as the Batman lens), one a travel and places lens, and the other for the hobbies/games/toys section. I haven't made any money on those yet because they aren't fully advertised yet, but I've garnered a lot of views on each one, which I'm proud of. Now of course, it's all about maintaining some consistency.

For the time being, I've also been using squidoo's forums (as well as liking other people's lenses), but they seem to be having posting glitches occurring that are preventing some people from posting, so I will most certainly look into other outside advertising methods soon.

7. Looks great Scarlet, if you made money that quickly, you will probably do really well over time. Plus, comic books is a superfan based hobby, so I think that your target audience will be very supportive of your efforts.

8. Agnes Galinato

Agnes Galinato New Member

Nice links to books. Good luck!