My first Squidoo lens (For your review)

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by mbasa, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mbasa

mbasa Member

Hi everyone,

I am very excited and anxious at the same time. I have published my first lens and will really appreicate it if i can get some constructive criticism. I don't understand squidoo yet, but i'm trying to learn-on-the-job as i have been procrastinating for some time now.

2. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

Hi,

Im not a Squidoo expert, but few things i would change.

Lens intro should have your keyword in. I assume, that your keyword is Healthbiz in a box. Make intro bit longer and add your keyword in first few phrases.

Author box is one of the most important things on your lens. Why? Top right corner!

Please take a look at this lens:

http://www.squidoo.com/overweight_health_problems

Ok, there are google ads, but what gets your attention first? "FREE INSTANT ACCESS".

You need to get your visitors to click on your affiliate links as soon as possible. People don't read much, they just scan...they look for something interesting, click and thats it. They left your page and possibly not going back.

To place this button is very easy. Use Photobucket to upload buttons and they will give you HTML codes. Google how to make picture clickable. If you add button there, leave text very short, or you get this "more" button and button won't be visible. 1 picture can mean 1000 words [​IMG]. So you don't need much text.

You can also add big arrow module at the bottom of the page. Once your author box button is gone, and they read bottom of the page...this gets their attention first. Big black arrow.

This was right move, that you got rid of Google ads etc. More clicks visitors can make, more there is a chance that they will do it, and leave your lens.

Im not sure, but SEO category is bit wrong i think. Maybe home business or something like that. SEO is more like a Google, backlinks, ranking etc.

Again, im not a Squidoo expert, but this is what i would do.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I rated your lens. [​IMG]

A few tips for you...

1) try to find keyword phrases people would use to search for what you are marketing...

2) Use the exact phrase in several key places such as url, title, first sentence in each module... as anchor links ( linking to another site)...

3) Build a whole set of lenses around your topic and link them together

4) Have fun.[​IMG]

4. mbasa

mbasa Member

thanks people for your feedback. I will sure put your tips into good use. I saw the rating as well, thanks a million times. I want to stick around squidoo for a while before going to another article directory.

5. mattjosh

mattjosh New Member

i would recommend you not use squidoo. many people are reporting squidoo lenses and all your hard work will go down the drain

6. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Squidoo is only taking down lens that offer no value and are only self promotional. It is not a lot of hard work to throw a regurgitated PLR article on Squidoo, which is what is being removed. Squidoo is a very good way to make money, promote your site and build reputation when done correctly.

BTW - On a side note, Hub Pages has surpassed Squidoo in the Alexa rankings. Only issue is although 30% of Hub traffic is from Google searches, a lot of traffic is coming from within Hub Pages community. Not entirely a bad thing, but something to keep your eye on.