My Idea!

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by country, Mar 11, 2010.

1. country New Member

In 1992 my idea was not to work at home,but from home. My wife and I started doing weekend festivals. To start with we had 1 small booth...and then another...and then another. Within 3 years we grew into a full grown carnival that carried 14 rides, 10 games and 3 food trailers.
    We eventually sold our business which is still in operation today.

Now, after missing what we built and sold, we're starting over from scratch. We got a good taste of what its like to litterally bring in thousands of dollars,not in a year, a month, a week,but in a single day. Now that my wife and I are both in our early 60's, we just aint dead yet! I think we've both got enough left in us to do it one more time.

So....everyone wish us luck!

And, just wondering, if anyone else on here does festivals for a primary source of income and if so, what do you do??

Regards to all
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

That sounds like a lot of fun! If you are able to hire enough folks that you don't have to do too much work, it sounds like a great way to spend retirement.... and make enough money to HAVE fun as well.... [IMG]
  3. weebitty Member

yes it sounds like your ran off to the circus!![IMG] And to watch all the smiles from people for the pleasure you bring must be rewarding as well. I wish you a load of luck. Never have done anything like that before. Never entered my mind really. But as a child it would be a dream maybe.
  4. liber8life New Member

First and foremost, I wanted to wish you my best of luck for your wonderful home based business DC . It was so smart of you to come with that idea. [IMG] It's like hitting two birds using one stone. you get to earn from that business and have fun as well.. Really nice business eh? I hope its okay with you if I recommend this to my grandparents...They will are both retiree and I would love to suggest this business to them... [IMG]
  5. justinhand New Member

You certainly have it in you to start over! Festivals sound like a really fun way to earn a living [IMG]
  6. country New Member

justinhand

Festivals are sometimes a real ball. But if ya have a great booth, then you also need to be prepared for some really hard work. sometimes you're out setting up before daylight......and the next time ya make it to the bathroom may very well be at 9 or 10pm that night. On the other hand....when its all over....then you can really smile....all the way to the bank!
  7. country New Member

liber8life

I could actually write a book on festivals and carnivals. But here, for the benifit of your grandparents,I'll keep this simple.

People basically go to festivals for 2 reasons...to eat...and to let the kids have fun. With those 2 things in mind, remember,remember,and I stress remember this phrase: "Flash Is Cash"! Take it from there and if grands need any more help....just holler!
  8. AmandaJ New Member

Good Luck
    It sounds like a wonderful way to maintain your youth and vigour, being active around lots of happy smiling people and all.
    [IMG]
  9. FreeCashMan Active Member

Exciting story of success. Just shows the creativity can produce massive profits.

Since 60 is not old, unless the mind is, you can do it again. Many are.

Much success to you and to others that are inspired from this story.
  10. WOWAustin New Member

Are these festivals mainly for kids or for people of all ages?
  11. BruceMiles New Member

The time has inwards to launch my business! And, of course, MLM is the very first place to lash out it off! I think you all are going to like this.
  12. shopehope New Member

Hi Country, I love carnivals or fairs. I love them for the crafts and animal events. My youngest daughter has a boyfriend that has a business called americanfamilyday.com which is a huge company and my daughter and her boyfriend both work for them. They make great money and they travel all over the country for setups and corporate events. My daughter and boyfriend also run an international website for adventure. She's 27 and has already hiked and biked and ran her first marathon last year and came in tenth. The site is all about their adventures, one of which they just biked across Australia in 60 days. The site is Purebound.com. She is a college grad but dropped out of the corporate life to have fun and I'm so for it. You only live once.
  13. talfighel Silver Member

Donnie,

If you guys were able to start from scratch and make a few thousands per day, then you can do it again.

You guys are action takers and I know that you will succeed in what ever venture you decide to go on.

Well done and keep up posted.

Tal
  14. happywife Gold Member

Wow! This is really impressive. I know everyone's initial response is "how fun" but, oh my word - that has got to be a ton of work!!! [IMG]

We think of a festival from the perspective of one attending it instead of from the one organizing and working it.

Of course, I have learned that if you genuinely enjoy what you are doing then the work doesn't seem nearly as hard. I'm sure the paychecks take the edge off too. [IMG]

Wishing you all the best as you do it again - better than ever the second time around!

Blessings,
    Angie
  15. ninnato New Member

What a great idea!!
    Of course you're still alive as long as you have the right spirit ??“ and obviously you have.
    I wish you good luck for many many years [IMG]
  16. signorm68 New Member

impressive to me, this is literary 'work from home' business, wish you luck!