My Power Mall is legitimate to me

Discussion in 'My Powermall' started by The Opt n Shop, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

That's okay though I still wish that someone would provide links to the article. Talking about what might happen in the future and making it a reality are two different animals.

I'm concerned about forum members being mislead. MPM owners continuously mention that they "plan" to get mentioned on big name sites and shows. The problem is that there is an implication. The implication is that it "will" actually happen.

The two aren't necessarily the same. To be honest, I don't have the highest of hopes that any of the biggest names will ever endorse MPM. I don't foresee CNN, Oprah, USA Today, or the like jumping up and down in public about MPM.

I'll stop here for now. I love their business model and I feel that it could be very profitable for MPM members and MPM owners. However, I have at least a half dozen serious reservations about MPM based on what I've seen at their site and from interactions with the owners - including payments due to me.

I'll close by saying that I'm very wary of the MPM owners and staff. At this point, I won't go into detail because I don't care to be harassed by these folks. Furthermore, they've straightened out a couple of their worst practices and I have some hope that they will straighten out the rest. It may turn out alright but I won't hold my breath.

~Newbie Shield~

Edited because I accidentally signed my name twice.

PS. The Opt n Shop (thread starter) showed up, made 2 posts in two months and disappeared. Spamtastic.

2. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Lol,noticed that [​IMG]
    Well Newbie Sheild,it seems I share many of the same thoughts on this as you,hence my non-promotion of this since they started backtracking,iffy practices etc

I received my payment via Paypal yesterday,so that is something.
    I still believe that under all the covers,it is a very good business.
    They just need to look at some of their 'rivals'(ahem,I'm sure we know who!)and strip back to basics.
    Running before you can walk is never advised.

The tv shows I don't think will happen.
    There was a huge mention in updates weeks ago,but since nothing.
    Now its a new program within MPM Ginny is promoting,which will cost members $12 a month.
    I am not looking to go into this.
    The forum is now defunct I believe?
    I could say more ,but I am reserving judgement.
    I think they shouldstrip the whole thing back to basics.run it for what it is ,simple and be accessible and accountable at all times.

3. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Interesting comments. I appreciate that.

I seem to be in agreement with your perceptions and statements.

Will you PM me about the $12/mo details. I rarely read their daily MPM spam mail (typical MLM!!).

Thanx,

~Newbie Shield~

4. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

I will pm you [​IMG]

5. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I've never been a member of MPM, but you sound very enthusiastic, good for you. Hope you check back in soon. I wish you the best!

6. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

Hi, just wanted to say that there is apparently a couple dollars in my MPM account but I don't see it ever getting high enough to actually get a payment. No one is promoting or shopping, including me. I just got so frustrated and all the promises and things they're trying to do. And when everyone below me quit, I gave up. I don't even fully understand this new SBYI or whatever it is?? Since I can't change over to a personal mall and just shop for myself, I have opted to shop through their competitors and save money on my own purchases. I've gotten paid twice by two other companies. I am spending my time on other endeavors, including taking care of my family. I was just putting out more time, effort and money that I was getting back. I love the idea, just decided to go back to saving on my own purchases.

7. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I got a check on Tuesday, so did my wife, my 2 sons, and my mom. These were not big checks but were all between $25-$50.

The interesting thing is I have not promoted MPM since last January and it still continues to grow at a small rate. I may have to go back an re-think promoting it again.

8. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

I have also received commissions and they are rising slowly.
    I think the commotion that exists with many is that they were wrongly told it would be a breeze to attain thousands in months.

9. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I agree Cybermommy. I've been collecting small payments from MPM for a couple months now. I realized quickly that MPM would be a long term investment so to speak. MPM is simply not the business to be in for making quick profits. It's truly a numbers game with them and it takes time to build those numbers. But I've watched my dowline and profits grow steadily without a whole lot of promotion so I'm encouraged about the future of my MPM business.

10. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Thats right [​IMG]
    I don't run it as my sole source of income ,but its good to see its there and it has been paying me.
    And my downline does shop,which is the backbone of what its about.

I read some of the problems flying around about MPM,but I can,hand on heart,say I haven't encountered any.

I may not agree with some decisions they have made,but thats not my call.

11. clockstickin

clockstickin New Member

How do you guys with 100's of downline members do it? I have had my mall since Febuary, and I have tried the classified ads on line, banner exchanges, ad exchanges, passing out flyers, purchasing hits and talking to people face to face and all they do is give me that look...the one like I can't believe you fell for that. All I have to show for it is 2 BM's, 2 PM's and a little over $1 in my commission account. It is really frustrating, because I know this mall thing has a lot of potential, and if someone does a good bit of shopping online they would be crazy not to have a mall. I just must not be very good at this sort of thing...

12. purple

purple New Member

I think you just have to find someone who will believe you and not the site/numbers. When I first heard of the PM when it came out I visited the site to check it out and was turned off by the horrible scam feel to it. While they could tell me Jane made $1k last month, it reads like every other get rich quick scheme and thats a big turn off to me.

I do some shopping online, but not enough to warrant starting a Mall with the new monthly purchase requirement. Nor do I really want to take the time to find enough people for a downline as most of my actual friends and family would not sign up and trusting strangers to work as hard as I do doesn't seem intelligent either.

13. heavenlyhills

heavenlyhills New Member

I have been reading various thoughts from your forums for the past month on MPM and finally got my own. I've noticed that some of your feelings about it have soured over time. My husband and I each have a mall and we have both earned a trip from our first purchases. I am interested to know what others have done to receive their first check. What method was most successful for you in making this happen?

14. eila

eila New Member

Hello, I have a question. I have looked at MPM several times over the last year or so. Something doesn't add up to me. So, my question is #1. Has anyone made substantial income off this program? (ie livable income...$1,000 or more per month?)

#2. It seems like it could be a scam....when I did the income MPM calculator, it uses 8% in rebates but the math doesn't work out to 8% of the $75.00 average sale they use. So, what is the 8% commission / rebate on? Definitely not the average sale of $75.00. Does anyone know?

#3 The income calculator shows that you make less money at level 5 then you do at level 4 even if though you have more shoppers at level 5? How's that? What's the incentive to build to level 5? Or am I just not understanding the pay plan?

#4 Finally, it appears to me that in order to generate $2,000 in monthly income you would have to generate $75,000 in monthly sales...no small feat if you ask me. Which by my calculations comes out to 2.67% commission, not 8%....So, am I understanding this right, or am I just confused on how all this works?

Thanks for your response.

15. Foxbaron

Foxbaron Guest

MPM may be a numbers game but don't get hung up on trying to sponsor everybody yourself. It can't be done. Sponsor those who are interested and quit worrying about it. The people you sponsor know people you don't know anyway and those people know people you don't know and so on and so on.

The number of people in your downline will grow in spite of what you do or don't do. So relax, enjoy the business and look forward to the growth and a steady rise in your income. Considering this business doesn't cost you anything but "one purchae a month", from yourself, how hard can it be?

The only thing you have to remember is that there are people behind those numbers with hopes and dreams just like you. Get in contact with them once in a while and see if there is anything you can do to help them out. Show an interest in them so they will learn to show an interest in those they sponsor and you will have a much stronger organization that will stay with you.

It's not about you, it's about them. What do they need? How can you help them? Your success comes from their success.

16. upstatemike

upstatemike New Member

I received pay from this a couple timesthrough a couple different position as my wife and I both signed up, but I was early and the payment method changed a couple times and was a bit of pain the azz. I also had to buy a card (one time payment, that came out of my commissions. Processing costs money, but I don't know about that whole fiasco. Then I believe they stopped using the cards.

I worked this for about 7 or 8 months, but people don't use it without continuous reminders and it just wasn't worth it. I really hate to be like this, but if you want to make a little money with it, you sign up a position for someone a few levels below your position and buy from that mall to get the 28 or 35% commission.

I have found that the best way to make money is to market something that everyone needs and includes some sort of PRACTICAL autoship.

17. JoyBringsWealth

JoyBringsWealth New Member

I tried this program and loved the concept, but have to admit I did not find much success with this one. I found several people who would sign up, but most of them were not consistent with purchasing what they needed from MPM,which is how everyone makes their money. It wasn't really worth it for me - the amount of advertising you put in versus the results. I really felt I could earn more putting my efforts into something that converted into sales more easily. Of course this was just my own personal experience with MPM.

18. JoyBringsWealth

JoyBringsWealth New Member

I should have added that they do seem to be an honest and legitimate program however...