My Power Mall is no longer in business

Discussion in 'My Powermall' started by moneyforgreene, Jan 26, 2010.

1. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

Here is a copy of the letter that was sent out to members. You will find the same info if you go to the main power mall website.

Hello,

There are times when the facts staring you in the face can no longer be ignored, wished away, or believed away. Last Wednesday, January 21st, I sent out an email to 77,563 MPM members with the subject line - Will My Power Mall Continue to Exist? The results?

- Only 681 people viewed the video (counting the M-Team & Founding Members)
    - We had only 6 signups on Saturday (the worst in MPM history)
    - We had only 8 signups on Sunday
    - Only 37 people have made purchases on the Mall since that time - with the total sales for this month being less than $34,000.

These facts have overshadowed everything we have done in the last few weeks to slash expenses and launch new Marketing initiatives. It is not possible to pay for continued operation of My Power Mall. We have cut expenses to the bone but there is still not enough income being generated and I can no longer ask 15 people (the M-Team) to work for virtually nothing. Membership has steadily declined. Shopping has steadily declined.

The video that we all hoped would sound a wakeup call and compel people to action has had virtually no result. Actually, it has... The result is that the members have been heard loud and clear. Your very silence and inactivity is an answer; not one we wanted to hear, but definitely an answer. Up until this morning I held a hope that a miracle could happen. The shopping figures told me I was hoping for a miracle that our members didn't want.

My intent had been to hold on to my hope for a miracle through the end of this week, continuing to do everything we could to ignite a fire. The facts staring me in the face told me differently.

My Power Mall is dead.

It breaks my heart to write that sentence but I can speak nothing but the truth. There is no money left. I have spent every penny of company (and personal) income just trying to keep the Mall holding on until things could turn around. I have finally accepted that is not going to happen.

The dissolution of My Power Mall leaves nothing. We are going to do everything we can to pay January commissions but nothing will be left after that. I suppose I can be glad that the vast majority of unpaid commissions will equal less than $10 - a loss, but not one that will hurt people too much...

My Power Mall will go down by the end of the day. We cannot let people continue to shop, knowing there will be no commissions paid to them.

Together We Can Change The World will continue to exist - but simply as our gift to the world. We started this company 8 years ago to make a difference and we still hope to do that. The MT is still here. Even though they have devoted many years, dollars, sweat and even a few tears, they are resolute in the belief that we tried to do the right thing for the right reasons. They refuse to lose.

MPM was the engine to create the income to support TWCCTW. It simply costs more to operate it now than it brings in. A negative cash flow cannot go on indefinitely, something has to give. We're searching for a low cost, minimal hosting service to keep a TWCCTW web presence so we can continue with working on the dream that started 8 years ago - not to make money but simply to give away our resources to make a difference.

I am so deeply sorry that what we all tried to create didn't happen. I am so deeply sorry that MPM has simply become another one of the companies you tried that didn't make it. I never wanted it to be another chapter in your book of disappointments.

While my heart is so heavy right now over the death of My Power Mall, I still want to say thank you. Thank you for believing. Thank you for joining us. Thank you for all you have done and all you have given. I can only hope that you know we gave all we had to give to make My Power Mall a success.

Sadly,

Ginny Dye

CEO/Founder
    My Power Mall
    Together We Can Change The World

My Power Mall
    1941 Lake Whatcom Blvd. # 207
    Bellingham, WA 98229

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Ginny,

I'm so sorry to read of the closure of your Power Mall website. I am moved by your valiant efforts to keep things afloat for as long as you did, and impressed by your sincerity and undying gratitude to those members who supported you over the years.

A class act, for sure!

There is always something of value that can be salvaged from failure, and if you keep your perspective intact, you just might be able to find another door to open after having to close this one.

Who knows! Concealed in this chapter of disappointment could be the seeds of an idea that blossoms into a book of success.

My deepest wishes for all the best in your next endeavor.

Hermas

3. krazyladyplz

krazyladyplz New Member

When one door closes another will open. Ginny's staff seem like a dedicated and caring group of people. My best wishes to them all.

4. residualcash

residualcash New Member

Sorry to see such happens. There are times in our lives we do have to accept the reality and just move forward, but that does not mean to give up.

The reality is the internet has changed things, and things change with the internet daily. Look at AOL, and Yahoo.

No matter how great the opportunity, or even your job, diversify your income stream (that does not mean spread yourself thin) but don't lock it all into one basic.

MPM people move forward and rise up again.

5. GBGSuccessGroup

GBGSuccessGroup New Member

moneyforgreene
    OH WOW... I actually considered joining this before my current opportunities... Glad I missed the boat.. but this is proof that you must Diversify your income..

Dont Plant all your seeds in one yard...

6. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

The letter certainly has moved me.
    I am so sorry.

Hermas is right on target, as always. [​IMG]

One door closes and another opens!

Victoria

7. bosco

bosco New Member

Well Ginny seems like a good person. Believers may care to say a lil prayer for her.

I guess I was wrong when I looked at the opportunity a few years ago. I thought that it was stacked to make the CEO money but I didn't think it would be worthwhile for the individual.

Come to find out from this letter, she lost money, I guess.

I remember looking at the Power Mall and coming to the conclusion that any discounts the mall offers is offset by shipping charges.

8. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

Rumor has it MWP is on the way down also. Could be just rumor though. Products ultimately have to be very good for MLM companies to remain in existance long term.

Mark

9. dougster77

dougster77 New Member

I actually looked in to this myself. This type of thing is what concerns me about MLM's since you put in a lot of effort and hope to enjoy the passive income for your lifetime. Sometimes things go wrong I guess, no different than any other businesses.

10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

She lost money and she probably did things wrong. I hope she learned a bog lesson from her mistakes.

mtran2000: Rumor has it MWP is on the way down also.
    I don't think so. They are doing very well and many affiliates are too. You are wrong about that.

Tal

11. mtran2000

mtran2000 New Member

talfighel: She lost money and she probably did things wrong. I hope she learned a bog lesson from her mistakes.

mtran2000:
    Rumor has it MWP is on the way down also.
    I don't think so. They are doing very well and many affiliates are too. You are wrong about that.

Tal
    Time will tell

Mark

12. weebitty

weebitty Member

sorry to hear about that too. I was in a business too that changed the comp plan about 6 month after launching. Went the wrong direction in my opinion. So we have learned as well don't depend on one income. I am now into a business that says exactly that. Great opportunity. Wish you the best of luck on finding that open door.

13. biggles

biggles New Member

This was nothing more than a 'super affiliate' website trying to get you to join and get others to join, and buy everything and anything through their affiliate links and sharing a very small amount of the commission with it's members.

Perhaps a 'noble' idea but one that wasn't going to last and I'm sure the founder, Ginny walked away having made a lot of money and she'll no doubt resurface with another idea that will make her plenty of cash soon.

Sorry if this sounds a cynical post to users who liked the system!

14. Elysium

Elysium New Member

15. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Yes, she emailing the database on the new biz of hers.

She seemed sincere, but the lost of money by reps and their downlines could make for a challenge to revive the old database.

Even the best of business can take a dramatic change that affects your home income. This is why I work a system that focuses on multiple income streams from inception.

To many home business income earner seekers are stuck in a "solo act" that can cease to be worthwhile without notice. One must diversify your home income like any smart person would do with their retirement funds.

16. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I had a couple of friends who were involved.

17. upkenko

upkenko New Member

Ginny Dye seems to be a very nice and sincere lady. It is sad whenever a business fails, no matter what kind of business it is and who owns it.. I hope she recovers her losses.....and soon!