My PR3 site drops to PR1

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by garygoh, May 28, 2009.

1. garygoh

garygoh New Member

One of my websites has dropped to PR1 from PR3 recently, not sure why. In fact, I have been building back links and adding new pages since it is published, though it is not done massively. The site is about 4 months old.

How's your website's PR?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Do you use a lot of duplicate content, or is your content unique to your website?
  3. garygoh

garygoh New Member

No. I didn't use duplicate content. Contents were written specifically for the website.

I also found that some of the keywords phrase used to rank very well on google now has dropped as well. The serps of those keyword phrases are very "volatile".

Some days it can be on page 1 or 2, but sometimes drop until I couldn't find it!
  4. mwyawahf

mwyawahf New Member

my site went up to PR 2 at last update done by google
    you must get backlinks to your site from related niche to your site with high page rank
  5. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Sorry to say G does things for who know why or what reasons. Don't waste a lot of time trying to figure out what they will do next or why. Just keep doing your best and focus on something else for a while that's what I did the past two times I was sandboxed and have no clue as to why. My content is always original and I write it the best I know how, so I gave up trying to figure out G or allowing it to get to me.
    Sonni
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Gary,

It's disturbing the first time it happens.

But that's normal for a site that is less than one year old.

Though nothing is guaranteed, the SERPs placement should be more stable after 12 months have elapsed.

You'll end up where you're supposed to be.

~Newbie Shield~
  7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You may have lost some backlinks
  8. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge and experience.
  9. William S

William S New Member

Yeah my guess would be that google has spidered some older sites that linked to you that no longer do and therefore you've lost some page rank. Not sure if that's how it works, but yeah, my 2 cents [​IMG]
  10. garygoh

garygoh New Member

pcwork: You may have lost some backlinks
    I am interested to know more about this, can you elaborate more?

I thought once you built the backlinks, it will be there forever![​IMG]

Thanks
  11. jaqes

jaqes New Member

Hi,

If your ranked get down means you did not worked properly on link building for your site.

You have to do only quality link building for your site and you can achieve your positions till next update.
  12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

garygoh: I thought once you built the backlinks, it will be there forever!
    Hi Gary,

I think she's mostly referring to organic links - links that someone else created rather than a link you've created.

Sometimes organic links are removed. That's up to "them" - not much you can do about it. At other times a site will go down and all of the links go with it. This will happen if a company goes out of business, for example.

Plan on it happening from time to time but don't worry about it. You can create a new backlink by writing another article.

~Newbie Shield~
  13. Sonni

Sonni New Member

The good news is if you keep doing the right thing and producing quality seo written work then the sites will come back up. That and good backlinks. Both of mine that were sandboxed are now back on 1st page of G.

Who knows how long it will last, but they are there again as of right now. The added bonus is that my ads are relevant again.
    Sonni
  14. georgie

georgie Guest

Did you continue building your link? If not, you have to continue what you are doing. Page rank is calculated based on the number of back links that you have. So, you need to have tons of quality of back links to get high PR. When I say quality it deals with relevancy.
  15. elle14

elle14 New Member

Look at this link thekeywordacademy.com/google-rankings-drop/ It has a good explanation about loosing your PR. I hope it might help.
  16. mathewhogard

mathewhogard New Member

You can improve page rank by doing on page and off page changes. You should try to get quality back links for your site.
  17. seoforu

seoforu New Member

I think you must have lost some backlinks with high pr pages and that is why your pr has gone but I would suggest start backlinking with high pr sites,not reciprocal but 3 way....that would help surely.
  18. jamess

jamess Member

Sometime It happens may be you have done some link farm that is not worthy at all. So don't be upset just keep doing doing quality work for your site..