My Review Of Profit Lance

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by dimave, Mar 12, 2007.

1. dimave

dimave New Member

Introduction

I've decided to write a review of my experiences with the Profit Lance course. Before I continue, I want to make it clear that I have no affiliate links in this review and I am not seeking to make any money from this review. I have benefited immensely from the materials in the course already and I have a good theoretical knowledge of internet marketing now (at least) so I strongly believe I have already made my initial $67 back many times. I am going to give a review of the product along with my impressions and what I have learned and picked up along the way.

Part 1

I came across the site through someone's blog and signed up for the free tips. In one of the tips there was a link to some free sample documents in the course and some links to the private members blog. What convinced me to buy was the quality of the content. It was in depth material regarding how to create your own product. I could tell that there was sophistication involved behind the writing of those documents and it was genuine instruction. Based upon that I decided to buy.

I had previously bought Ultimate Wealth Package and was disappointed.

Logging into the site I was expecting just to get a lot of downloads similar to the documents that were available for free. However, I was surprised to see a complete membership area. It was extremely professional, had a crisp design and was easy to navigate. Most products give you a single download page which is ugly. You download your ebook and that's it, you are now on your own.

The membership area has a learning section which takes you through the theoretical stuff and the common avenues of making money online, and also a projct section that takes you through the more practical elements. It has a private members blog, a task manager, a blueprints section (something added recently) and the Plnrc which is a research center. Clearly, a great time of effort had been put into the development of this site.

When you log in, there is a welcoming message, and I was advised to read five very important messages. In short, these messages were saying that one should not chase one dream after another by buying every product that comes out. That one should focus on develop marketing skills and not chase after profits straight away. That big profits come with developing the skills. There was a very nice article on seven types of people when it comes to Internet marketing. This was a brilliant article. Then in the third message it was driven home that the fundamental issue to making money online is traffic. That a lot of the skills are to do with generating traffic. There was also an issue about whether you can make money online real quickly or not, and finally there was a diagram that gave an overall picture as to what the internet marketer actually does, which is summarised in selecting a market, acquiring traffic and then focusing on conversion.

I liked the fact that straight away I was given a general overview. This allowed me to relate each of the specific tasks to the overall picture.

At the top of the member's page there is a daily random quote. These quotes are brilliant and appear to have been very carefully chosen, because no matter what day I login, the quote just seems to be so appropriate!

Today's daily reflection is:

We retain 10% of what we read. We retain 20% of what we hear. We retain 30% of what we see. We retain 50% of what we hear and see. We retain 70% of what we say. We retain 90% of what we do.

I have just one criticism here which is there is a huge amount of information, its easy for someone to get lost. But if you keep in mind the overall picture of internet marketing which you get told at the beginning, you should be able to put the information into perspective.

2. OnlineMoney24 7

OnlineMoney24 7 New Member

Wow, that's great dimave. I have also purchased the Profit Lance System a little over a month ago. My review of Profit Lance would be very similar to this. I have been a bit slower in implementing all the money-making techniques this system has to offer. However, I know I am gaining the knowledge and skills necessary in order to be successful in Internet marketing.

I would agree with dimave's criticism with the huge amount of information, someone could easily get lost or overwhelmed. But I have been slowly working through the Project tasks and making sure I thoroughly understand what I am doing before moving on.

This is a simple solution to get around the information overload.

3. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Hey OnlineMoney24- totally off topic but I noticed you are from Edmonton! I'm from Calgary!! Go Flames [​IMG] jk

4. ryanvb

ryanvb New Member

Hi everyone.

I am from South Africa and purchased Profit Lance about 6 weeks ago. I only found good reviews about it and decided to purchase the Profit Lance System.

The membership site looks very professional. (i joined Ultimate Wealth Package as well, and was not very impressed with the product... so I am comparing the Profit Lance Memer Area to Ultimate Wealth package).

Anyway, I have been through the projects for last 6 weeks. Can anybody tell me what I should be doing next. I am very new to this, and would be pleased if anyone could tell me which program I should start with to start making money (Should it be adsense, affiliate marketing. Etc.). By the way I tried Adwords and lost quite a bit of money with no return of investment, but that is because I'm not very good at it, but will give it another try later.

If anyone can help me here I would really appreciate it.

5. dimave

dimave New Member

Ryanvb, I think in the course Mike says numerous times that if you are new don't jump into adwords or paid advertising because it needs skill. That's why personally I won't be touching that until I am really ready.

I am doing some adsense on some personal interest topics using blogs. I've got a good understanding of the whole thing and just taking it in my own pace. I'm trying to get the hang of generating traffic and looking at how it all comes together. When I see some results and feel that I've got the hang of it, I'm going to try to apply the affiliate marketing stuff.

But for me, its just implementing the stuff to see how it all works and to get the skills. I'm enjoying it so far.

6. makemoneyonline

Off topic, but I think the price is increasing tomorrow (26th). Not sure to how much though.

7. mouser

mouser New Member

Hi, everyone. I purchased PL. Really a complete newbie to online marketing. Tossed money away on other programs as did a lot of people. This is a very good course I think. I'm taking it slow so I can learn the basics very well. Learn the basics well; money will follow.

As a newbie, I was a little confused and overwhelmed as to where to start. Through perseverance and suggestions from P.L., here is what I am following:

Go through the Introduction Welcome area on the left.
    View the Introduction overview videos particularly.
    Go through Getting Starting and Essential Steps.
    Familiarize yourself with what is under all of the tabs on left and top.
    Then read e-books, etc. as you go along concentrating on keyword searches, finding niches, blogging, and article marketing.
    Do the Projects under the finding niches section.

Only after knowing keywords and finding niches WELL, should you apply for AdSense otherwise it will not be effective and you will be wasting money and time. AdSense costs $$ since you have to buy your keywords. Learn well so you can buy smart. [​IMG]

Then do the Misc. Projects.
    Create a Blog and post free articles; apply what you're learning.
    Add an article a day to your Blog.

After that, read up and learn AdSense well.
    When you are ready to apply for AdSense, go to Projects Misc. and do the Adsense Project.

Continue posting to your blog.
    Complete all the rest of the Projects
    Read, Read, Read
    Apply, monitor, tweak

From what I understand from P.L., keywords and finding niches is one of the most important and basic things you need to learn well right upfront. Dollars are generated from becoming proficient in the basics first and then learning how to do AdSense effectively.

8. htmlview

htmlview New Member

Quoting: makemoneyonlineI think the price is increasing tomorrow (26th). Not sure to how much though.
    The price is $77 as of today. It went up $10. Great chance to get your username and password. I don't understand why they are selling their system for so low. It is easily worth $800 - $1000. Does anybody know ?

9. makemoneyonline

I think he is going to raise the price to $170 or something like that. Thats what I heard anyway.

10. netjunkie

netjunkie Guest

I think the 15 or so money-making review websites that you get as
    a bonus is worth the purchase price alone.

Look at all those web sites out there that wants you to pay for a
    certain hosting plan each month in order to get one review site.

Here you can get 15 and you don't even have to pay for extra hosting... [​IMG]

11. htmlview

htmlview New Member

Quoting: netjunkieI think the 15 or so money-making review websites that you get as
    a bonus is worth the purchase price alone.

Yes, you are right, but I have not been able to utilize these sites as yet. Does anybody have any tips ?

12. makemoneyonline

What have you done with the sites so far? Adwords is the easiest way to promote them I find.

13. Revan

Revan New Member

Not putting down Profit Lance but let's get real. It's not even close to being worth $800-$1000. That's ridiculous.

14. 040107

040107 Member

I don't know about being worth $800-$1000 but I've seen sites that give you one free review site on the condition that you have to buy hosting through them. They value the review site at $299!

Their hosting will cost you around $7.95-$9.95/month. This adds up to $95.40-$119.40/year. So under this condition, the site isn't really free because you HAVE TO buy hosting thru them. To me this means this site actually cost me $95.40-$119.40 EVERY YEAR!

So if they value their one review site at $299 and Profit Lance gives you 15 of them without making you pay for hosting....

$299 x 15 = $4,485

That's the value using this logic.

"Worth" is more of a personal opinion.

Something worth the whole world to me may means jack to you regardless the value.

15. cambrianne

cambrianne New Member

I am new to PL too. I am glad that its priced low, because if its priced much higher in the range of $4000+ I doubt I would even consider it. I dont think I am the only person who would think this way, as not everyone has that kind of money to spend.

Anyway yes, I am figuring out how to get started. Not fully sure how to utilise the 15 (is there 15? I counted only 11 on mine!) websites we were given. I dont think I would touch adwords until I understand the fundamentals how it works. But is there anything else which can be done with the affiliated sites we are given?

Have started with the blogging, but other than that, PL will work much better if it is dealing with your own created website it seems. Anyone can comment?

16. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

When i started i first thought that using these sites would be easy but when i tried this was my original blog [Link removed - Admin]
    and i was very unsuccessful drawing traffic and earning money so i moved on and decided not to use these sites and since then i have been a little more successful

In terms of adwords unless you have read some books i would stay clear as i have heard many stories of people being really unsuccessful and losing money.

17. cambrianne

cambrianne New Member

Hi Hemjoe, thanks for sharing your experience. May I ask what have you been doing since then to create more success for yourself?

I am considering starting my own website, as it seems like this is a more feasible approach to obtain more success, but I dont have any experience in this area. Any suggestions?

18. cbrn

cbrn New Member

Would somebody please tell me what means or form of contact Profit Lance offers its members who have problems or questions?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hate to say it, htmlview, but I think you're hallucinating when you say they offer email support to their members. Where do you see this link? I don't see any link for email support, any forum, or any phone number. That really *****.

19. xeonkar007

xeonkar007 New Member

well, i guess this is an internet marketing course marketed to online money making buyers, raher than people interested in internet marketing... do i make sense....[​IMG]

there are a lot of top gun Internet Marketing courses.. but any way will may be try this out someday..

i think it may be good for beginners..

john reese's www.income.com is coming at a rapid speed to take the internet by storm... let me see what then happens ...

lets see income .com has to offer.. thanks

waiting [​IMG]

20. gugulethu

gugulethu New Member

Hi, do yu have an idea of How I can purchase the system In South Africa they are currently not accepting posted standard Bank checks, paypal is restricted in SA and the card method is just not going through. I tried contacting them several times their contact us- system but i get automated responses that do not address my problem. Please kindly help.