My son just got called by a legit modeling/talent agency

Discussion in 'Raising Kids' started by happygal, Jul 15, 2009.

1. happygal

happygal Member

We just got a call from a local modeling/talent agency and they want our 6-year-old son to come in on Friday to meet with them (with us, too, of course).

I have done a lot of research and this is a legit, equity agency (they don't do classes or charge you money or anything like that, and actually have a solid list of known actors and models here in town)...

Just wondering if any of you have ever done this with your kids. This wasn't anything we sought out, the saw a photo of him and contacted us, but I am seeking perspectives from people who have done this in the past for what we should expect from this kind of a meeting.

Thanks.

2. mellin

mellin Member

Will the so-called "charges" come in when they want you to buy a whole bunch of head shots? I have never done this, but have received a few letters. I'm quite sure that they did not see pictures of my children (even though they are pretty darn cute!) but rather they got my name off of a mailing list - probably because I've subscribed to parenting magazines.

I had a friend who followed through, they paid money for pictures and head shots, people from the agency came to their house and played with and interviewed the kids (so to speak), but nothing ever really came of it.

Good luck to you!
    -Melissa

3. happygal

happygal Member

Nope, this is actually an agency (I used to work in advertising and we booked our talent through them)...so I am not worried about their reputation. Just looking for insight about what to expect during the meeting.

4. coffee

coffee New Member

I don't have any experience but that is great news!!

5. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

Hope it works out for you and you son. You might consider doing a google search for a review on the company to read any pros and cons.

I just type a "g whatever my question is'" in the browser window and usually a few reviews show up in google.

6. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

If you have done your research and you got the conclusion about the legitimacy of the company, you shold give it a try and your son will be as happy if he also is eager fro this.