My top ways to get free traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bertuseng, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Not a high quality source of traffic but if you are going to use it then
    the following forum post is probably the most helpful for those who want to:
    http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/threads/who-here-is-currently-using-traffic-exchanges.6733/
    Good advice on traffic exchanges, both pro and con.

You can also use the search box to find threads on specific TEs.

2. For free traffic (as opposed to PPC), we have been doing the following:

1. Free classified advertising (including Craigslist.org)
    2. Wordpress comments (comments to blog posts, usually has a website address)
    3. Forums such as this one
    4. Local business pages (local.yahoo.com)
    5. Blog articles of my own (wealth.smi.biz) for google traffic
    6. Free stuff given away (usually attracts links)

3. I have used trafficswarm... you can get a lot of traffic that usually wants nothing to do with your site. However, if your offer is attractive you could get some prospects.

payment proof likes this.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Well said. Traffic from sites like these is generally the lowest of quality.

5. Bettingtipslive

Bettingtipslive New Member

SEO is the best way, however not everyone can be on page one of google so other methods need to be used. I find that regular facebook, twitter and tumblr interaction works for me. I have promoted many successful mlm businesses in the past and the free traffic gained from social networks definitely worked. The bottom line is always about your content. If you provide interesting or valuable content you not only stand the chance of your visitor coming back to view future content, you also have the chance of your content being shared, which in turn gives you the chance of an increase in free traffic.

payment proof likes this.
  6. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Actually I`m using and focusing on social media websites like Google+1, Pinterest and StumbleUpon

7. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha New Member

Hi You wanted definition on the various ways, here are 3/4 books that might help you - available on Amazon and you can read the first few pages on amazon to see if they are right for you.

SEO Step by Step by Caimin Jones
    99 Ways to Flood Your Website With Traffic by Mick Macro
    what about social media? Sam's Teach Yourself Facebook & Facebook for Business By Various people. Many others there to Google + etc.

8. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

All the methods I've used have already been listed, so I can contribute that way.

But if you want traffic to your site, make sure that whatever method you use, that you provide valuable information and content for the people reading or viewing.

Help people solve their problems and you'll attract even more viewers to your site.