Need advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by cnnx, Mar 19, 2015.

1. cnnx

cnnx New Member

Hello, I'm a new member here as of today. I have a lot of computer skills but lack business/marketing skills. I can't drive anymore because of an illness so I'm looking to earn money from home. I'm able to registeR domain names, rent a linux server and develop websites. I currently own and maintain a dating website I created from scratch in php/html/mysql/etc.. and recently setup an online store with OS Commerce but I don't have any products to sell. My dating site is free and in a niche and found out I shouldn't use my adsense account on it because it may break google's program policy's. I never tried affiliate marketing, I heard it can be good sites like cj.com. I just need some guidance on what to put on a new domain if I want to start earning money and what to make it about. I hope someone can take some time to help me, I would be grateful.

2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

There are so many different ways to monetize a website or a blog and so many niches in affiliate marketing. For example, I've seen a number of affiliate ads/programs that are dating related. Maybe you could run some affiliate ads/banners on your dating site for other dating sites?

As for other niches, think about your interests? What are your interests and hobbies? What is something you could write about and promote? Then see if there are ways to monetize it. If you hit a roadblock, think of another interest/niche.

I tried a number of things before I fell into the free money making niche. That was 8+ years ago and I've been with it ever since.

Good luck. :)

Just2EZ likes this.
  3. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

There are tons of products out there for the dating niche. I built a website and added the affiliate links myself. It made me a good bit of money. I recently flipped it and sold it so I can focus on other adventures!

I know of some very high converting products in this niche if you want to pm me.

4. cnnx

cnnx New Member

I'm a new member I don't know if I'm allowed to PM yet as I don't see that option anywhere?

5. KB24

KB24 Active Member

With your dating site you could sign up with some dating affiliate programs there are many out there. I don't know what your skills are but stick with "one" method until you see some results. Many people skip around looking for the "magic bullet" solution there is none. Stick with one method then you can scale from there.

6. cnnx

cnnx New Member

Do you mean just stick to my dating site until it gets more popular? instead of openning other sites and try different niches?

7. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Yes stick with one site before moving on to others. You will find that if you work on multiple sites you won't be as productive if you just concentrate on "One" site..

8. cnnx

cnnx New Member

ok.. this week i regisered another domain and put an e-commerce software on it but dont have a product for it yet, should i just put it offline and leave it dormant?

9. KB24

KB24 Active Member

If you can manage two sites and build them out with content and getting traffic to it if you can handle it then do it. But like I said I would start with "one" site get that going (profitable) then look for other niches. If you are just starting out and looking for some direction I suggest you check out this link its free to get started:

https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/tra...tarted-level-1/getting-rolling/a_aid/6d1215da

10. cnnx

cnnx New Member

ok i'll just focus on my main 1 month old site and leave the other one alone