Need advice

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by hockeyadc, Apr 13, 2012.

1. hockeyadc

hockeyadc New Member

So I am working for the energy supplier, North American Power, and I am having some difficulty in getting reps and customers.

I have many craigslist ads and I get alot of responses, but it seems like NO ONE emails me back once I email them!

They inquire information, seem interested in becoming either a rep or customer, and then once I explain the process via email, I never hear from them again.

Maybe I'm explaining too much? Too much text to read? Maybe not enough text to read?

If some one came to you from craigslist and said hey this independent rep opportunity sounds great, can you send me more info? How would you respond? Keep in mind I am switching people to a cheaper service, not selling a product. I think this is where things get confusing especially when trying to explain how they can CHOOSE their energy supplier!
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Could you just tell them a LITTLE bit via email - just enough juicy stuff to pique their interest and then set up an appointment to talk via phone?

Personal contact is always best. Craigslist is so full of spammers that you have to somehow prove to them you are not one of them!
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You are probably giving them too much info through email. Maybe you should send them to the company's website where the company can close them for you.
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: You are probably giving them too much info through email. Maybe you should send them to the company's website where the company can close them for you.
    Yeah I was gonna mention that too. I ditto what Tal says. [​IMG]
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Most of the time, people close themselves. This is what happens online.

Like I said in another post in this thread, once you send people to the company's "sales" page, they close these people for you because they give them all the info that they need to make the right decision for themselves.

If they are not ready, they will not sign up. You can not control how many people join you. No one can. The only thing you can control is how many people will see your "business opportunity". The more, the better,

I will say it again:
    You can not control how many people join you. No one can. The only thing you can control is how many people will see your "business opportunity". The more, the better.

Let that sink in your mind.

If 100 people see online the business opportunity and 1-3 join, then you do that numbers. Now the numbers can go down or up. It is all a NUMBERS game.
  6. hockeyadc

hockeyadc New Member

Makes sense. I am definitely going to try and talk to them on the phone and get more of a personal relationship going. As far as letting them close themselves, no one really understands the process of deregulated energy and i don't think the website gives a good understanding. I'll try making a smaller quick facts type email then too.

Thanks all. Just trying to stay motivated! Haven't had one person join yet...
  7. closerjim

closerjim Member

I see my earlier post extending the invitation for you to call me was
    deleted, hockyadc.

That's ok, as I private messaged you as well.

The offer still stands, again (for the moderator's benefit) NOT to talk
    about anything I have. But just to offer some guidance on all this
    "how people sign up" thing.

There is a lot you can do that influences the sign up rate.

To say you can't control that, is like saying you can't control where
    your car goes as you drive down the road.

At any rate, in the private message I gave you the time frames you
    can generally reach me.

And if you want to continue swinging at it with what you're doing
    and the advice you've gotten so far, that's an approach as well.

Here is something to consider.

There's what you know and know you know ...

There's what you don't know and KNOW you don't know ...

There's what you don't know and don't even know you don't know.

Click here .... XXXXXXX for an idea of what that might be.

Have a good week.
  8. closerjim

closerjim Member

There are rules in life.

One of them is ... not all opportunities will be there forever.

This is a time to pay attention to that rule.
  9. OnePennyKing

OnePennyKing New Member

Not sure if you are having the same issue, but I feel sometimes that people answering ads are also "fishing" for their own needs.... This may or may not be the case but I think only giving out a brief intro is best, then let them decide!

If they don't respond, perhaps they are not interested....

Anyone else with advice on this?
  10. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I think you are probably fighting a bit against cold calls that are being done for this type of service. I have had many call my home out of the blue with their offer and have been quite pushy.

Really kind of pushed me away. So in my case you may if perked my interest enough with an add but then with your email I possibly would have been turned off when I figured out more about your offer. Because of the negative feeling I have towards the pushy cold calls I have received I may have ended up blowing off your email.

Just a thought to keep in mind, as an emotion your responses may have, and try to work into it easy to gain a personal touch, rather than pushing them away with too much info.

Chad
  11. closerjim

closerjim Member

You could also learn some better methods of handling the calls in the
    first place.

Handling ads, people trying to cross recruit you by answering your ads,
    screening people for being a good fit, getting them INTO your business
    are all skills.

The issue is ... if you don't have someone that can teach you the ways
    to handle it, you go forward believing you've "done all you can".

Comes back to "what you don't know ... and don't even know that
    you don't know it." thing.

If someone offered an hour of time free of charge to help ... would
    you take them up on it?

Or be fearful they were just trying to "get you"?

Food for thought?

Food for action?

You decide.
  12. gogreen4

gogreen4 New Member

I believe you should just give them enough information to pique their curosity of what is being offered, so you can speak with them on a personal level and set them up with an appointment. We do appointments by online webcasting, so other businesses might do it differently.