Need help starting an email marketing campaign.. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by zomka, Oct 30, 2009.

1. zomka New Member

I'm interested in trying an email campaign to promote paid surveys, but i've never done this before. So before I waste my money with a losing company I wondered if anyone has any suggestions on how I should do this? Also, my site traffic sux so I dont have any way of generating my own list.

Should I,

1. Purchase a list from a reputable source and use a service like iContact.com or MailChimp.com to send it?

(or)

2. Contact a full service marketing company that will provide a list of contacts and do all the work for me?

What do you all think? Thanks!
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I never had much success with that but maybe someone else will pop on for you here that has.

If you just spend a lot of time promoting your own site - with time you can generate your own list...

Good luck![IMG]
  3. joanpeterson New Member

Personally I think that you should learn more about generating traffic to your website and get leads yourself. The majority of places where you will buy leads will just suck money out of your pocket. The list of leads are overused and are not going to be very receptive to your offer.
  4. dula14 New Member

I guess I fall into the same category as your first 2 responders. Over the years, I've learned that purchasing lists or leads is never worth the money. There is so much more you can do to promote your site for less money that will generate more organic traffic in the long run.
  5. advertise New Member

Solo Ads are among the most effective ways to promote any business online. As long as you have a niche, do your research and find a provider that will allow you to send your email solo ad to contact email addresses. However, keep in mind that statistics have proven that it takes a person an average 7 views of an ad (whether its on tv, email, print or billboards) before there is a converssion into a sale. It sounds discouraging at first but persistence it what pays off. I do also suggest using other forms of advertisement that will not cost you anything or very little, like traffic exchange sites, classifieds, forum and blog commenting. These will help create backlinks to your site as well as site branding and recognition, which in turn equals more traffic to your site!

Good Luck!!!
  6. Jean LA New Member

You should take your own email list to ensure targeted people that are really interested in your offers and niche. You can do this by placing an email capture on your website where they can subscribe to your ezines. Right there you can email them offers in the future.