Need help through this recession

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by MapleCaTor, Oct 25, 2010.

1. MapleCaTor New Member

Hey i am new here and i want to share through my struggles in this recession and personally if you ask me this recession isn't over, sure its over for the media talking heads those who have a goverment job.

But for us it isn't over.

As you may noticed by my username, i am a Canadian in Toronto.
    This recession has almost destroyed me and my family social services arent helping the people of toronto,

the only amount of money per month the social services will give you is $200 dollars per month.

But honestly you cant expect someone to live by only having 200 dollars can you?

We live in a apartment which the monthly rent is around 1,010 or something in between.

So then i am willing to work at home, i can make websites only not at advance level, i have to seen these data entry jobs potions and was wondering if some of them are legitimate.

Thanks.
  2. westfam11 Member

I would stay away from the Data Entry Jobs, I have never seen one that was not a scam.

Do you have any skills you can outsource? Can you write articles? There are websites that hire writers such as elance.com among others.

If you are able to build even an easy one page website you could do affiliate marketing. Thirtydaychallenge.com is a free site that walks you affiliate marketing.
  3. yahia Member

You're not the only one frustrated in Toronto.

I live in Toronto and I think I can help. I do affiliate marketing, sell my own products, and do some other things on the side. If you want I can train you on affiliate marketing (the easiest thing I am doing).

I heard thirty day challenge is good as well, and as Rebecca said you can also be a freelancer and earn per hour or task if you prefer to.

Actually, you should look into being a freelancer first if you have a skill higher than writing (software developing or copy writing for example).
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

yahia: I live in Toronto and I think I can help.
    That is awesome! You two can get together - for a long time I was so alone in my area with affiliate marketing but now there are two of us that are getting together on a weekly basis to brainstorm and learn together ( and just to socialize! - most people get cross eyed when you start talking about seo and keywords and pr and all that stuff. lol)

But anyways there are more of us now and eventually we hope to have a bigger support group so by all means get together if you can.[IMG]
  5. koolmom New Member

This is a tough market and i share your pain. A couple of years ago the family construction company took a nose dive and I started scrambling to figure out how to recover.

Fortunately, I looked to the internet and learned SEO, web development and social media. These industries are really in the infancy stages right now.

Currently I am working for a large real estate firm coaching agents in social media, maintaining a company blog and building company videos.

Videos are a very hot market and there is a learning curve, I recommend that you spend some time learning video production, then offer your services to people that are maintaining blogs and websites.

Good Luck!
    Lynn