Need help with hosting issue... :-(

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by haiden, Jan 12, 2012.

1. haiden

haiden New Member

No, it's not a page that belongs to wordpress. I only named it that ... Actually, I'm not sure why I did. Either way, I'm all set. I'm using Seamonkeys option to edit pages. Its awesome, now I dont have to run between text files and the browser.

Sorry for the confusion, I was never all that good with explaining with text. [​IMG]
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Monkey see monkey doo.
    SeaMonkey rocks. Thanks Mozilla!
    Saves me hours, so I can goof off.
  3. haiden

haiden New Member

Lol, exactly. Hey thanks so much for the help. Much appreciated. [​IMG]

Now, sleep. 5 AM is creeping upon me. [​IMG]
  4. haiden

haiden New Member

Hey guys, lol I'm back again with yet another issue. HOPEFULLY this will make sense... right then, straight to the point...

My wordpress site, transferring all content to the new domain. I've got some of it done. Question is this: Say when I move content, and when I go to my paid domain, it contains links , do I need to create a new folder for each link? Not sure if I asked this, kind of running back and forth working on it when Ive got time. Seems like I am making it more difficult than it truly is. Is there a trick to it, or is it all about creating new folder in the root? If I need to, I'll create a new thread and ask this. Hate to be an annoyance!
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Please clarify you question.
    Why would you need a folder for "links"?
    Links in a page? Links to a page?
    If you exported your WP dbase you should just import it to the new site.
    No links involved.
    If you are manually re-posting the pages (copy & paste) then page title is a link.
  6. haiden

haiden New Member

Sorry. You know on a WordPress you have "recent posts"? Those links are what I refer to. They carry over when I upload the database, and then when I try to get to one of those posts, it just stays on the main page of the site.

I was not sure if I needed to have separate pages , because on the WP each of the links go to a different part of the WP.

When I hover over a link it displays "sitename/Wordpress/?p=196", and that loops back to the page the link was clicked from initially. Rather than going to a page with the post the link was intended for.

:/ I'm just horrible with explanations. Perhaps I should just try to re-upload the database.

Welp, I'm a donkey. I got it sorted. Think what may have happened is things got , somehow, screwy when I installed a new theme on the site... as in manually. Went into the appropriate folders , for my own domain, and added the theme, changed a few things around.

.... think perhaps its time to get away from this for a bit. Oi vey.
  7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I see what you talking about but not what's causing it.
    Check your .htaccess file in the WordPress folder (not the root)
    Example:

# BEGIN WordPress
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    # END WordPress

Save it as .htaccess and upload it to #"http://www.yoursite.com/Wordpress/wp-admin"
  8. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Haiden, I just noticed you have 2 Wordpress directories, one works!
    The one with /WordPress works the one with /Wordpress does not.
    Maybe you don't have those pages in the little p directory?