Need quick stress management

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by luvtravel, Aug 2, 2008.

1. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

More than ever we need stress management in the world we live in today. I find even when I think I am not stressed I am, (my WII FIT game tells me I am )[​IMG]

I now use meditation and excercise plus deep breathing and some supplements. There are some very good health articles that explain how stress related illnesses happen and how to counteract or better yet PREVENT them!

My husband and I have been in the health related industry for many years and even WE sometimes forget to practice relaxing practices and take our stress relief supplements (not rx type)

To our health, relax, relax, relax......

Terri

2. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

I agree-even going to the gym doesn't cut it sometimes. It gets even worse when I get ready for a show

3. djimelee

djimelee New Member

The real good thing in a quick management of stress, is to think positive on things even if its hard to do it, u must, cause its a part of life of being stress..and u must deal with it and feel it, then relax, relax.....[​IMG]

4. crosewood

crosewood New Member

lol, yes sometimes it's hard to practice what we preach, especially if we are around it too long. congrats to you and best of luck in your business [​IMG]

luvtravel: My husband and I have been in the health related industry for many years and even WE sometimes forget to practice relaxing practices and take our stress relief supplements (not rx type)

5. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

I also use exercise as a way to relieve stress. I also read and listen to tons and tons of music. Maybe go watch a movie, or just go and lay on the grass in the park. We all work and live very stressful lives, and it is important to remember to take a break sometime. Good luck everyone.

6. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

I personally use Art (Drawing with Pen and Ink) and blogging to be a major stress relief on me. I have several blogs, depending on what I'm blogging about. If I'm ticked and need to complain, I write a blog that I don't syndicate, otherwise it depends if it's web development or marketing as to where I blog next.

My stress relief blog never gets syndicated and has nofollows in it's robots.txt so it doesn't get indexed, still good to have though. Never underestimate the power of the pen (or in my case, the keyboard).

7. nanlar

nanlar New Member

I am a nature lover and it helps me alot as I put myself in the depths of nature. To see everything occuring as it is supposed to. Watching the birds and wildlife gives me a sense of peace.

8. mediafreak

mediafreak New Member

We are bound to be stressed everyday by our every day deadlines, tasks, responsibilities and activities.

But we deserve some rest for a while. A pause or a break from your work will help you re-energize for an easier management of our tasks.

Take some time to find ways to have an outlet of your stress like having meditations, quiet times and best is spiritual seeking.

Relax!

9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Lol, every time I see the title of this post - "Need quick stress management" - I get a laugh.

It's like saying "Hurry up and make me calm!"

Is Paradox the word of the day then?

Stress can be a pattern. The first step in breaking patterns is to become aware of them. Second step is to come up with an effective plan to break them. Third is to consciously implement the plan.

It takes effort to increase awareness. It takes effort to come up with a plan. It takes practice to break the pattern and not just awareness or wishing it away.

When you become aware that you are stressed, try to stop the mind pattern. It may help to remove yourself from a situation if that is part of what is causing the stress. Go somewhere else and do something else but don't allow yourself to think about it.

Obviously, if you need to resolve an issue, don't just ignore it, but don't let it eat you alive and pointlessly spin the wheels of your mind. No sense in torturing yourself.

Try to solve the issue. If you can't, stop thinking about it and sleep on it. You may have the answer by morning.

Be sure to exercise. Don't overeat or eat too much junk. Do relaxation exercises as well.

If you go about it with a plan and a method, you'll make progress. Else, you'll continue to be tortured as you have. Pointedly break the pattern and you'll lead a more peaceful existence.

~Newbie Shield~

10. sublingual b12

sublingual b12 New Member

for me, the worst is waking up in the middle of the night. the first thought that pops into my head is, "now what is it i am not supposed to worry about?"

ugh! that'll trigger worry thoughts for certain.

you may find this article from USA Today helpful.

good luck!

11. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

I also relax by going outdoors. Just listening to nature; birds, water, wind and seeing how they all interact with each other seems to work well. Hearing the wind blow through the trees is almost like hearing the waves crash on the beach. It's like nature doesn't need a clock because it just flows around everything it encounters.

12. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

If your fit enough then going hillwalking or anywhere with natural beauty, is great for clearing your head.
    I think hereditary & environment have a lot to do with people's state of mind & I've never conformed to this fast & fake lifestyle some people perceive to be in !
    Relax be yourself enjoy what your doing & If you can make a few quid along the way, then all the better.

Mark [​IMG]

13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Webster's Universal College Dictionary lists 11 meanings for the word STRESS. I've referenced the two that are most relevant to this thread:

- a specific response by the body to a stimulus, such as fear or pain, that disturbs or interferes with the normal physiological equilibrium.

- physical, mental or emotional strain or tension.

Stress is a necessary and unavoidable function of being alive. Every thought, activity or situation we encounter has a corresponding impact on our stress level. That's normal.

The problem is created when some thought, activity or situation elevates our stress level to a point where we begin to feel overwhelmed and helpless.

For me, sitting at the piano and improvising on a jazz standard is a wonderful way to relax, or just going for a long bike ride. Even developing a new web site can be very calming. Well... sometimes anyway! [​IMG]

I find that attitudes and habits are the major contributors to this drama of stress in which so many of us like to clamor for the leading role.

Dealing with stress is really nothing more than applying a sensible system that brings you back to a state of balance. Balance, by the way, does not mean absence of stress, but simply reducing the tension to "normal" operating levels.

And the irony is: there's absolutely no need to be stressed out when doing it.

Hermas

14. Bramleyapple

Bramleyapple New Member

A set of Taoist Tai Chi lowers my stress levels, keeps me flexible (hello toes) and has improved my balance tremendously [​IMG] I've been a member of the Taoist Tai Chi Society of Great Britain for about eight years. There are classes in a number of places around the UK and details can be found at www.taoist.org.uk- the instructors are volunteers and very dedicated.

15. mreyn

mreyn New Member

My husband had a prescription for stress but it was something that could be addictive and all it did was make him go to sleep. When researching trying to find something for him, and for my sons health issues... I found different products that have helped tremendously.

Hemphoria is formulated with hemp and has worked wonders! After seeing how well it works, and friends asking about it and where they can get some, we decided to join the business. We've had so many friends and others asking what we've done and where they can get some and we're happy to share and help others.