Need some advices pls :(

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by xiskylicious, May 7, 2010.

1. xiskylicious New Member

Hi all, i'm newbie here,
    i'm facing some lil problem here..
    my own online shop is selling a lots of products now, yeaaa.. and i know it's good. But what the problem i facing was because it is too much of products, customers clicked on my website they look around and gone~ (T-T)
    i tried to open a facebook group and fan page too, but i doesn't get any reason yet.. I've been facing this problem for few months aldry. [IMG]
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Get some sort of an opt in list so that you can follow up with these people who show interest in your products. If you are not getting people to opt in to a list on your site and you are not following up with them, you are missing too many sales.

The fortune is in the follow up. I am not even going to get into details of how to do this. Figure it out. This can open a lot of doors for you.

Tal
  3. ryanbiddulph New Member

I agree with Tal's advice. Build a list and work it. My keeping in touch with follow up's people remember you. This is a critical tool to use if you want to build relationships which can lead to a sale.
  4. xiskylicious New Member

huh? opt?
    can i know where can i learn it?
    i don't even know a thing to promote website here, but i would like to learn [IMG] heheheee
  5. getagrip Gold Member

I think it may be beneficial for you to reduce the number of products that you have listed on each page, and also reduce the number of links you have to your other pages. It sounds like your readers might be getting information overload, so making things simpler may help.
  6. samda Member

What you want to learn is Customer retention. Google it and you will find lot about it.

Things coming to my mind are:
    1) Opt in list - Subscribers.
    2) Rss feed subscribers.
    3) Twitter followers
    4) Social media engagement - You need to do it in a right manner to get things done.
  7. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Get A Grip nailed it.
    Less is more [IMG]
    Victoria
  8. cjmo75 Guest

A list is definitely key. Also, you may want to lessen the amount of products on a single page. Your home page should also have a clear navigation bar so people can get around easy on your site. Sometimes a cluttered page can scare people away. Keep it simple.
  9. StephenClark New Member

From my experience, its fairly difficult for a beginner to make a "shopping" site work well without extensive knowledge and experience with marketing online. It requires really knowing how to target the appropriate audience, and with any site, an email opt-in form is important.

I don't want to discourage you though, its not impossible to achieve, just more difficult.

I usually direct beginners toward affiliate marketing. Basically all you need in affiliate marketing is a single optin page, and then its just a matter of directing internet traffic there. The product and customer service are all handled by the product owner that you are promoting for.

Maybe look into affiliate marketing if you want a simpler strategy for a business.

I wish you the best either way!!