Need suggestion

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by herrick, Jun 5, 2012.

1. herrick

herrick New Member

Where can I get cheap website promotion?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Cheap website promotion? hmmm... just keep writing good content [​IMG]

If you are trying to promote the url in your sig, you may have to make some changes tho...If you are sending folks to that page you will need to write some good articles etc, as to what you are offering so folks like me that are paranoid of viruses won't be afraid to click on your links. [​IMG]

3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

mountainmom5: .If you are sending folks to that page you will need to write some good articles etc, as to what you are offering so folks like me that are paranoid of viruses won't be afraid to click on your links
    I agree.

Your main page should tell us clearly who you are and what you do at the very least :].

Cool looking monsters though!

Matt

4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

SEO is cheap website promotion if you do it yourself. [​IMG]

Write high quality content. Update that content on a regular basis. Use good keywords and keyword phrases within your content. And create well placed relevant do follow backlinks.

5. JayW

JayW New Member

Good promotion is relative to what you are willing to pay. If you are looking for cheap promotion you will probably won't get quality service. It really depends on what your target demographic is for your website traffic. You can use a service as cheap as $5 on Fiverr, but you are likely to get traffic from India or worst, just bots hitting your website. If you use a site like Odesk you will find various promotional packages that range in price. Consider creating a Facebook & Twitter page for your website. On Twitter start randomly following people that are in your same niche and that should get you some followers fairly easy. Whenever you post a new article on your site, post it on your Facebook page and on Twitter. As long as you provide quality content the traffic will come. Just keep in mind, it wont happen overnight.

6. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

"Inexpensive" promotion is so much better than "cheap" promotion. You want nothing in your promotions that hint at "cheap". "Cheap" suggests you don't care about throwing out unplanned ideas to grow your business, wheras "inexpensive" often reflects you as knowledgeable and an expert in your field.

Quality promotions, as posters have mentioned, are 1.) quality content, 2.) effective networking (on and offline), 3.) sharing ideas with others (such as in groups found on Meet Up), and 4.) inexpensive promotions that get the word out about your business. Take time to search new, exciting ideas to get your business notice. Many informative articles on promoting your business can be found online, at the library, or your local bookstore.

Here's to your success!

Brian

7. Marktech

Marktech Member

Well... you can get Twitter retweets from youlikehits.com, or traffup.net. You will pay nothing if you have the time to retweet others links or look at websites, etc. Don't expect to get sales from retweets, but they can be good for website SEO.

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

www.Fiverr.com. A great place to get all kinds of marketing assistance for your website for $5 bucks.

9. KB24

KB24 Active Member

You can also create youtube videos directing it back to your site to get traffic..

10. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

If you are doing a gig where you are putting a link or banner or getting a post on someone's site, ask for the site name so you can verify traffic stats. I have to say I learned the hard way and did not check first and what was supposed to get "decent US traffic" did not appear to have much traffic at all. Lesson learned and I'll be sticking to more reputable sources and only use Fiverr for certain types of deals, and check in advance if traffic is involved. One gig, when I pointed out the low traffic, placed me another site which does get traffic, so I'm happy. The other...well, I think it is just smoke and mirrors.

I remember some years ago a list of blogs that accepted advertising from blog owners (not an advertising network) and displayed page rank, but I have searched and searched and cannot find it now. If anyone has anything like that, please let me know!

11. Actually there are a lot of people who offer their services that can help promote your site with cheap rates. One is Fiverr, you only need $5 and your site can be promoted to let say, a 100 article directories. But the only concern I have is the quality of each promotion. I believe it is best to spend your money to people whose works are authentic.

12. gowriter

gowriter Member

Fiverr. Cheap price. Cheap service. Cheap results. You're better off doing it yourself.

13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I have to disagree with that statement. Although I'm sure you can get cheap results on fiverr, just like you can anywhere else, you can also get excellent quality if you take the time to check out the person you "hire" for a task.

Graphic design is not one of my strengths so if I want a really sharp looking banner or header (for example), it is much better for me to have one of the designers on fiverr whip something up for me than to spend countless hours trying to create something for myself and still be unsatisfied with the results. ;)

Some people find it quite easy to create a custom header because they are good at it and can do it in 15-30 minutes. If they are happy to do it for me for $5-10 then I am quite happy to let them. :)

Blessings,
    Angie

14. I agree with Fiverr being Cheap Price but not with Cheap Service and Results.

As what Angie said, it depends on who you hire as there are freelancers in Fiverr who really are good at what they do and they can provide you with great results for just $5. I did encounter some issues with some freelancers there but all in all I was satisfied with the work of the people I hired.

15. gowriter

gowriter Member

16. shutterbugjen

shutterbugjen New Member

Facebook :)

17. jamess

jamess Member

Quality and fresh Content is the cheap way to promote your site and after this you can use SMO..