NEVER PAY

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bradbond, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bradbond New Member

hi im new to here but i want to give some advice never pay for anything to do with working from home as ALL are scams the only real way to make money is to have your own site selling your own goods or being an affilite of somewhere trustworthy and never pay for traffic if u cant find your own just quit and get a job offline only the traffic will make you money ive been doing this for 5 years now and no being bigheaded but im good even thou i cant spell or do grammer so if i can you can just dont go reading someone elses ways think of your own ideas people who copy 99% of the time fail so try to be in the 1%
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Free advertising might work for some but it may not work for others.

This is a good long term thing, but to get the ball going, I really believe that it takes money to make money online.
  3. payment proof Member

I agree. Never pay an up front fee. Legit earning opportunities are always free to join.

And do your research!
  4. happywife Gold Member

It's silly to say "never pay" when it comes to anything to do with working from home. That's like saying "never pay for an education" or "never pay for a tool" or "never pay for gas for your car."

Of course, you SHOULDN'T pay for a bad education, a cheap tool that doesn't work, or watered down gas that will ruin your engine. You have to use wisdom and common sense when you spend money - online or offline.

There are some very good quality business building programs available that are well worth every penny. There are also a much greater majority of rubbishy programs or info that will be a waste of your time and money.

Learn to THINK when you are looking for a home business opportunity.

1. Don't let the greed gene take over and cause you to fall for something that is claiming to make you a lot of money fast.

2. Be sure that you have a basic understanding of what you will be doing and evaluate whether or not it makes sense that it will actually work.

3. Ask around in forums like this one to see if you can connect/chat with others who have followed that path successfully.

Don't become your own worst enemy!

Yes, there are free resources to learn the ropes for some things. If you have the knowledge and skill to sort through the good from the bad, go for it. If not, choose a tried and proven system that weeds out all the rubbish for you and focuses only on what you actually need to know and do.

Organic search traffic, free advertising, and paid advertising are legitimate ways to get targeted traffic to your business or product offering. One isn't more "right" than the other.

Tal has learned to buy traffic wisely. That's a skill that has to be learned. I haven't learned that skill yet, so I choose to rely primarily on organic search traffic. One of these days I may dive into the learning of successful paid advertising and ramp up my traffic and sales even more. That's a legit option.

One caveat - I wouldn't pay for a "job" online or offline. That's a very specific type of work from home option that some people want to get into, but the opportunities are few and far between. If you are being asked to pay to have a job, you are probably about to be had! [IMG]

Keep things in balance and perspective. [IMG] "Never say never!"
    Blessings,
    Angie
  5. Kyle_K Member

payment proof: Legit earning opportunities are always free to join.
    This is not a true statement at all. I joined a company that has a fee to join. They are very legit. They are a top 500 Inc company that has been around for 21 years. They have won dozens of awards from the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, etc. Just because a company charges a fee to join, does not mean they are not legit.
  6. mreese601 Member

That's crazy to say never join a home based business that charge you a fee! Come on now! If it took me 10years to learn how to make millions of dollars online and now you saying I shouldn't be paided for my knowledge? I'm sorry but I don't agree with that statement! If yo want to cut years off of your training then you need a mentor. And the best way to start making some real money online is a mentor with a proven track record! Regardless of that fact if you using paid traffic or you doing seo you still paying one way or another! You have to ask yourself what do you value the most! Now if you don't have any money well you can't invest so you really should go out and get a job. Because it will take some capital in your home based business!
  7. moneyforlife2 New Member

I agree with mreese601 It is true there is many great affiliate opportunities that I have found and I am really looking forward to figuring out how I can maximize different opportunities to different types of sites. I am all for multiple streams of income. Everyone has to start with number 1 though. Sometimes you can have many "failures" behind your belt as you learn. Eventually you will make money for yourself. Then you will get better and better until you are a pro. The only thing that stands between you and a pro....is commitment and time. Make the commitment and give yourself some time. Learn something new each day. Accept the set backs as part of the process. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. That doesn't mean it has to be hard....but everything is hard at first. It's new. Once it is not so new...it won't be so hard.
  8. WahIdeas New Member

I can see both sides here.

No doubt BradBond has been burned many a time by paying for various programs to try and make a buck online. He's no doubt been scarred by that which would lead to his opinion on paying for things. He's no doubt broadbrushed the entire industry due to his poor experiences...and I must admit, there are a lot of con artists out there looking to take advantage of newbies. So, let's go a little easy on him. Instead of lecturing, let's help.

Having said all of that, it is essential to pay money for some guides, tools, websites, directories etc to get a head start and make money online. While once can make money online by not spending much at all, it will significantly help you out of you spend money (not lots) in the proper areas to propel you at the start!
  9. anderson78 New Member

I think better advice would be to do your due diligence before joining any program you have to pay for. There are a lot of them out there that are scams and if you do enough research you can easily found out if it is a scam or not.

However, people put lots of time money, and effort into their programs and have to make money or at least recoup their costs some how. There are a few good programs out there that are worth the money if you put real time and effort into them. But you have to make a really commitment to do the work and follow it through.

you should also invest some money into paid advertising. It does work. Once, again you have to research your advertising and make sure its the right advertising for you other wise you will waste your time and money.

I have paid for programs on line and learned from my mistakes. Some of the programs work really well for people but not for me. Usually I did not like the program after paying for it, or was not committed to it. However, just because it did not work for me does not mean it was a scam. Nor does it mean it is not worth the money to some one else who will be dedicated to the program.

Just my thought, Cheers!
  10. Gypsy New Member

talfighel: Free advertising might work for some but it may not work for others.

This is a good long term thing, but to get the ball going, I really believe that it takes money to make money online.
    Yeah I've gotta say I agree with you there talfighel. Sometimes you've gotta spend money to make money in business.
  11. payment proof Member

I so totally agree. Never pay for a work at home opportunity. Income opportunities should always be free to join!
  12. dlozen New Member

[IMG]I really hate statements like ALL these business are scams. I just shows your ignorance. I found I can make money with most products sold on the internet. Yes there are some scams but they are far and few inbetween.

Most people just read the first paragraph on a product and never go beyond that. Then when they fail. which is 93% of you trying to make internet money you whine about getting scamed.

Some of these products are inadequate, and poorly written but with a little effort you can still find a way to squeeze out some money from them.