New and needs help!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by iapple80, Jul 31, 2010.

1. iapple80 New Member

I'm new to the forum and have never worked from home. I currently have two jobs, one as a bookkeeper and one as a retail merchandiser/auditor. As a bookkeeper, I prepare taxes during tax season and will ha e to quit my second jobe when that time comes. I also will start college in about a month. I'm looking for a way to make up for the money I will lose from quitting my extra job. I bring home about $150 a week from it and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what, if anything, could bring in at least that much.
  2. pjordan520 New Member

Are you looking for an online job or more like an online business or opportunity?
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

That's the magic question. A job will result in more of the same of what you have, while the right opportunity could lead to a financial freeness that you may have never experienced.

Nothing would be more powerful to leave college, all ready well paid!

I wish I had understood about opportunity compared to a job when I was in college. I figured it out in the later years, would have been awesome to go into college with such wisdom I have now.
  4. pjordan520 New Member

I agree that the right opportunity is the better option than a work from home 'job' but I've just noticed that most people that are asking a question like this believe that all online businesses/opportunities are scams. And it's pointless to try and convince them otherwise because then they just think you're trying to sell them something. I have found some really great opportunities and I want to share them with everyone I can but I know I'd be skeptical of someone doing that so I don't bother! [IMG]
  5. happywife Gold Member

Hi Christi,

Sure, there are ways to make $150+ per week from home, but usually it takes several months to get a good foundation laid and the income beginning to build.

A lot depends on how much time you have to put toward it each week. The beauty of working at home is that your hours are quite flexible and you can squeeze time in before and after other obligations any time of day or night. [IMG]

I would recommend affiliate marketing by focusing on a specific subject of interest to you and building a website around that subject.

That's what I learned to do and I now earn a full-time income online without having to work full-time. The income continues to grow, too, as you continue to work on it.

As someone else mentioned, I sure wish I had learned this back when I was in college. I can only imagine how well off I'd be now.

There are free ebooks that you can read to see if this is the type of work you would be interested in getting into. Wishing you all the best.

Blessings,
    Angie
  6. iapple80 New Member

Thanks so much for all the replies!! Honestly, I don't have a clue what I want to get into. I'm kinda in panic mode at this point because everything is knocking on my door, so to speak. School starts in less than a month. I'm gonna try to keep my second job as long as I can, but there is no way I can keep it during tax season. During that time I will be at the office until 8 or 9pm six days a week then have to go home and do school work. Are you panicing with me yet? LOL I am recently divorced and have been forced to move back home until I get back on my feet. If I could keep that extra 150 a week, I could get my own place. I am very thankful for my parents, but after being away for 8 and married for 4 years it's hard to be at home again. I have a friend that told me about doing customer service calls. That's how I found this forum. I'm just looking for some ideas. I don't expect something for nothing, but I don't have alot time to invest alot into anything right now.
  7. winlin New Member

I hope you are able to find a solution quickly, but my guess is in order to keep your cash flow moving you will have to start out a bit slower than you would like.

Things I know for sure:

#1) Any offer that tells you will make a lot of money quickly... don't bother with.

#2) You need to have time to invest in any business that you wish to start. It sounds as if your plate may already be very full... do you have the time needed?

#3) Starting any business is a gamble with your time and money. "There are no guarantees"

#4) Everyone should have the opportunity to work for themselves at some point.

#5) Always have a plan A, a plan B and a plan C ready to go.

#6) Plan, Plan, Plan, Prepare, prepare, Prepare....

#7) You can make a fantastic living as a self employed Internet Marketer.

To your Success!

winlin-
  8. weebitty Member

I can feel your panic. I think if I was faced with our schedule I would be a little paniced right now too. You have taken on alot it would seem. Keep looking around and asking questions. There is a lot of information out there. I know you are under a time crunch but you also want to be careful and not get scammed as well. It can be a costly mistake and you are trying to imporove your situation not make it worse. So try to get out of the panic mindset or it will get you into trouble quickly in the cyber word. [IMG] I truly hope things work out for you and you find something that you enjoy and can do while in college. Best of luck to you[IMG]
  9. aplina New Member

You could start with frelences if you can write article. am sure there may be people looking for info on all about tax . there are place online that u can submit them to and get paid
  10. kenwrites New Member

Hi there,

Do you write? You could offer freelance services or look into places like Demand Studios.

Good with taxes or office clerical work? Why not begin a business as a Virtual Assistant?

Affiliate marketing is great and I am big on building yourself a secure financial future with IM. But sometimes you need to create IMMEDIATE income. Freelancing in the above ways help you to bring in fast money while building an online business, if you chose to do that. Many friends of mine started doing this type of freelance work and are making good businesses with them.

The work is out there, and not limited to one venue. It is a matter of deciding what you want to do and going for it. There are no limitations.

PM me if you want and i can give you a few leads.