New at this

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by Arthur Kahn, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Arthur Kahn

Arthur Kahn New Member

I've worked at home a lot in my life. I was forced to retire and now I've started up a net work marketing career. My experience tells me that you have to stick to a regular schedule and not say "Ill do this later". I'm in network marketing now and sometimes I find the technology daunting. I need to learn a lot about lead generation and banner ads, Facebook marketing, etc. Any hints out there?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Depends on what the company is. With my Natures Pearl it almost works better to actually show people locally what it's all about - as there is more of a start-up cost and the products are so amazing that I like to tell people about it personally - plus it's a bigger income possibility so I guess I feel more obliged. lol

But with the Candles, facebook and forums are awesome as it's free to join and everyone is looking for something free, it seems like. :)

3. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Stick to "one" method until you master it. Then move on to other traffic or revenue sources. Otherwise you will have all this information and you will not know where to begin.

4. Adrian

Adrian Member

Hello Arthur.

The name of the game is leads leads and more leads.You will need a steady supply of people to talk to about your business opportunity.If I were you I would focus my efforts on lead generation first.You can either generate the leads yourself through paid marketing,such as facebook,PPC or Solo ads.Or you could purchase leads from a solid lead vendor.

Check to see if your network marketing company has an online presentation system.Hopefully one with a capture page.Then tie that capture page into an autoresponder.Then just focus your efforts on exposing your business to as many people as possible while building yourself a list aka a lead bank at the same time.

Network marketing is also a number game the more people you can expose to your business the greater your chances of success.

Hope this helps Arthur

5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

6. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Welcome! Just keep learning and doing and you will succeed! I strongly believe that!
    Learn how to build your Business using facebook and youtube. I think they work best. Also don't forget about offline marketing! Very very important and underrated!

7. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

One of the best ways to learn is to find someone in your company who is having success with marketing themselves online and follow what they do. Even if they aren't in your immediate upline, if they are doing well they usually don't mind helping and may even have a group call or some sort of presentation for you to learn from. As long as you keep an open mind and stay willing to learn and execute, you will do wonderful!

8. bfryer

bfryer New Member

Hey Arthur. I have found Facebook to be a great asset and tool to use in building an at-home business. Yes working from home YOU are responsible for everything you do...and DON"T DO! You have to hold yourself accountable and take massive action. My fist suggestion would be to find a mentor...someone who has gone before you and had success. Hope this helps!

Patrick likes this.
  9. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Just invest in a bit of structured training - Wealthy Affiliate is good and less than $50 a month.

Not sure if I can post a link for you but, if so, have a link that will give you a 14 day free trial to look around and see if it suits you.

10. Rob Fore

Rob Fore New Member

Everything that is important to us in life we schedule.

If someone in your family is getting married, you schedule the date.
    If you are still working, you set your alarm because showing up on time is important.
    If you like golf, you schedule tee times.

So if building a profitable business is important - schedule time to build your business. Show up on schedule and take only those actions that can move your business forward. If you need to LEARN more... schedule time for that as well. It should not be considered part of your work time.

Far as technology goes... best would be to spend a week or two researching marketing methods. Blogging and SEO. Video marketing. Paid ads. Social media. Posting classifieds. Whatever. Then after a week or so... PICK ONE marketing method and spend the next 6-12 months mastering that one method.

This will help eliminate the sense of overwhelm and confusion and you will actually start producing a result.

11. ajamarketing

ajamarketing New Member

Definitely, choose one area or new skill to develop and make sure you master it! You do not want to become a Jack of all trades and master of nothing! This will surely lead to confusion, frustration, and failure. Focus your time and effort on mastering one method at a time to make sure that you find whether it is truly effective and beneficial. Good luck to you!