New Forums.

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by brock029, Oct 9, 2010.

1. brock029

brock029 New Member

Hello everyone I know this question has been asked many times but I need to get active members onto my forums. I know alot of people say other forums are a great way to get people to go to your site and forums but I don't even know what forums to go to. So can any one suggest a good forum to go to, to get started? The forums are kind of like these ones same theme any way...working at home and building websites and all that stuff so i'm assuming I need a to become a member of a forum that has a similar theme but then why would people go to mine? It's all kind of confusing. But so far I have had a couple of people look at them and that is it. I've gone then yahoo answers route and I used my fifty dollars of free facebook ads credit from godaddy.com and even put another twenty dollar ad campaign on. I just need more ways to advertise. Thanks for any help you might have.
  2. solid42

solid42 New Member

I sent you a PM.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Brock,

The idea is to just become a member of forums with a similar theme and become a helpful part of the forum community. You leave links to your own sites/forums in your signature and then as people get to know you and like what you have to say, they will naturally visit your signature links.

The other benefit of posting in related forums that allow you to have a signature link is that you get more external links pointing toward your site.

Not all of these links will be "dofollow" but personally I don't think it makes a huge difference - obviously "dofollow" links are better than "nofollow" links, but you will still get some benefit regardless.

If you don't know what I'm talking about in that regard, don't worry about it yet. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

brock029: I need a to become a member of a forum that has a similar theme but then why would people go to mine?
    Because you provide excellent info in your forum (I'm assuming). I'm sorry brother but unless you create real value in your forum, by posting real good info and nurturing good members, you cannot hope to make your forum successful. Like you only said, why would people go to your forum?

Participating in similar forums is the best way to build members to your forum. Just advertising isn't that effective. Not all who read forums become members. But those who are already members of other forums are more inclined to join other forums, as they may have got bored or they may be simply looking for some change.

If you have an already successful site and you are creating a forum then, its a different matter. Members will continue to trickle in.

But above all, it's the value you create matters most.
  5. j11_cook

j11_cook New Member

I have my own work at home forum, and believe you me, it is extremely hard work getting members and posts to the forum. I have provided a lot of the information myself, and I always make sure that members get answers to their questions.

Best Of Luck To You!
  6. al99

al99 New Member

There are many forum directories and lists that you could submit your forum too, just search big G.

How about running a competition?

You can attract members by allowing them to have signatures but you must keep the forum spam free. As soon as a forum is overrun with spam people will not visit.