New from Alabama and need home business

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by memeu, May 30, 2012.

1. memeu

memeu New Member

Hello, I just joined. I'm a stay at home mom from Alabama who is currently attending school. My husband is the only one workling and its getting tough to make ends meet. I'm here to find a good, profitable work at home business to help out the family. We have 4 children, so money is tight. The only free sights I have found are those paid to clicks, those do make money but not enough to count. I can't afford a high start up, I can't go above $50. I need something that doesn't require a monthly quota or fee, and I'm not into calling. I am interested in mainly online, don't mind the direct sales, they are ok to as long as I don't have to meet a monthly quota. With direct sales it takes time to get a good customr base and meeting those quotas can be tough in the beginning and I dont have the money to cover that yet. I am looking forward to chatting with some of you and sharing ideas.
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Take that $50 and invest in your own website and promote affiliate products.
    You don't even need your own website, you can post ads and links free many places.
    Find products that are in demand and affiliate programs that pay you commissions.
    Amazon, ClickBank, and countless others let you get started with no investment.
    You might also consider eBay sales for all those kids toys and yard sale finds.
    Opportunities abound if you can just figure out what interest you enough.
    The key is staying motivated and nothing does that better than a profit, of any size.
    This forum is full of helpful hints for just about any route you choose.
    The search button can help find anything you are interested in.
  3. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

Honestly you cannot start any LEGITIMATE home based business for $50. Your best bet is to pick the business you want to work with. Make sure it is legit and markets a real product and service people want. Then learn everything you can about that business. Then reach out to one of the reps in that business and tell them you are willing to find them reps and customers if they split commission with you. Then save that money up to properly enter a business.

If you have the desire and hunger to make it happen you can do it fast. Wasting your time with clicking ads or joining ridiculous pipe dream opportunities is not the smart way to go about it. Become an apprentice and do not look for the fast riches. Before you know it you can be an expert in your business and an up and coming leader.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Hi Wendy and welcome to the forum. [​IMG]

There are also free ways to make money online if you don't want to invest up front in a business.

You've come to a great forum and you can find a lot of information here.
  5. Mikenivez

Mikenivez New Member

I myself got into affiliate marketing without spending a dime to test the waters and found myself making money. I'm usually against paying to start anything online especially if you're new to this kind of stuff.
  6. SaraLynn

SaraLynn Guest

Hello Everyone,

I was just reading all of the posts in this forum. I too was looking for an internet/online business idea to start either for free or very inexpensive.

On my journey though, I didn't find that cheap business that would make me a tonne of money online. What I did find out, was that before I invested a DIME - I had ALOT to LEARN about the internet, so learn I did.

Now, today I am a very successful internet marketer.

I used to make the same mistakes that I see people making over and over, they jump in from one opportunity to another - hoping that one will make them money, but in the mean time - they just end up wasting a tonne of cash. (I've been there, this used to be me [​IMG])

Instead, I did my homework first, found my "niche market", learned how to make a very simple one page website, learnt how to install an autoresponder(with great reply messages), and learnt how to market.

It takes time if you want to have a successful online business, it's just like any offline business - there is a learning curve.

Good Luck to all, and happy learning.[​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Mikenivez: I myself got into affiliate marketing without spending a dime to test the waters and found myself making money.
    I'm with Mike on this one. Becoming an affiliate is a great way to test things out and see if you'd like earning online. Joining other types of free sites would be another option as well.
  8. WahIdeas

WahIdeas New Member

Memeu....I don't want to be a wet blanket, or discourage you, but if you are truly in need of making money online, you need to keep your mind open about what you want to do, or try. By tweaking your list to I will only do this, or only do that it will be much harder to find a way to make money online. Of course, this is just my own opinion [​IMG]
  9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I never done anything online that required me to invest less then $50 and make great money. You need to keep your mind open and know that it will take money to make money.

You can take the FREE detour online and this may or may not work, but for the long term you need to know that when it comes to making money online you will need money to invest and you will need to be patient.
  10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

It's not that you can't get something going for $50 that is considered a viable business that is the challenge with what you are thinking you can do to earn more money, it's thinking that you can do it without some type of monthly overhead.

There's isn't one business that is run without a monthly overhead just like one's household. The goal is to do what you can to get your business to break-even and then profit as fast as possible.

All the best.