New German mom living in Australia who wants to make an additional income from home

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by Roseanne, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Roseanne

Roseanne New Member

Hi all, just wanted to say hello. I am very happy that this forum exists with all of you to support, and receive support. I started contemplating to start working from home 6 months ago, and began with an online course almost six weeks ago. To stay focused, and motivated if find quite challenging. How about you? How are you keeping up?[​IMG] Roseanne
  2. coffee

coffee New Member

I haven't been working a lot lately. Before when my son went down for a nap, I would jump on the computer. Now I go for a nap too, lol. But I am changing that, [​IMG]
  3. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

coffee: I haven't been working
    a lot lately. Before when my son went down for a nap, I would jump on the computer
    . Now I go for a nap too, lol. But I am changing that,
    That's exactly how I got started nearly 8 years ago, coffee! I'm used to staying busy, so when I had my son and was staying home with him all day I would get incredibly bored when I put him down for a nap... I found my way onto forums like this one, read anything and everything I could to educate myself on the options available, made friends with people I considered successful and jumped in from there!

Who knew what started out as a boredom killer would wind up becoming my calling as a career path! lol.

Roseanne- If you are educating yourself, you've already started on the right path... I find too often that people decide to dive in head first without researching their options and finding the best path for themselves. Every person is different- different capabilities, different styles- and each has to find a business and a method of marketing that business, that is idea for them. [​IMG]

To stay motivated, I suggest just setting small goals for yourself that are easily achievable. Write them down and work your way through them. Even if what you do is something that seems trivial in retrospect, youd' be amazed how gratifying it is to simply cross it off a list that's right there in front of you. [​IMG]