New here to the forum

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jaypro26, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jaypro26 New Member

Hello my name is Jason and I am new here to the forum. Though not new the IM world, just never succeeded haha I really need to start making some income and since I stay home with my boy all day i have nothing but time. I will start off by saying that writing and coming up content is not a strong point of mine. I bought a few mini niche websites that have made no money yet and now I can't even afford hosting lol. I am really looking for a customer service job that I can do from my home and eventually I can make some start up cash to invest in a MLM program of some type.
  2. talfighel Silver Member

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you join us.

It is very smart of you to decide that you want to get into MLM.

You just have to find the money to invest in tools like reading books, your company's monthly membership fee and you must also find the funds to invest in ads so that you do get your offer in front of as many people.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Jaypro26: I am really looking for a customer service job that I can do from my home and eventually I can make some start up cash to invest in a MLM program of some type.
    ...or you could sell something on Craigslist or Ebay to come up with the startup cost!... [IMG]
  4. Jaypro26 New Member

What would be the MLM program to join? For the price anyway and maybe noob friendly.
  5. Sum Yung Ho New Member

Start with Squidoo if you can't afford hosting.

Save up your Squidoo Adsense and affiliate income until you can afford hosting.

Then get hosting.

Sum Yung Ho
  6. Laura Burke New Member

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum [IMG]
  7. robpenn Member

Hi Jason and welcome.

How about writing on HubPages to earn your start up money. If you know SEO and have lots of time you will make some capital to invest in something.
  8. Jaypro26 New Member

I would be interesting to start a squidoo lens or hub pages but I'm not that great at writing articles but I guess I can practice.
  9. Jaypro26 New Member

I have always been interested in article marketing because I know some people make bookoo bucks at it I just need to learn how to write on subjects I know nothing about.
  10. payment proof Member

Jason,

Writing articles is like anything else. It takes some practice to get good at.

Hubpages and Squidoo can be funny about any money making type stuff though and I've heard about a number of people who had their Lenses and Hubs deleted. So be cautious about that and create back up copies of any articles you post there.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. [IMG]
  11. Marktech Member

Welcome to the forum Jason.

The journey of a 1000 miles starts under one's foot - Lau Tzu
  12. kellerbrianw Member

Jason, I'm a newbie here myself!

I've found the men and women on this forum can help you succeed IF you're willing to listen to their sound advice. Sure, there are some folks who offer nothing at all, but that is an exception.

My advice? Seek out a niche you have a passion for on a daily basis. Read books from your local library on how to write content-rich pages. Then...Simply do it. Nothing ever happens until you put your ideas into action.

Here's to your success!

Brian
  13. shopper New Member

Hi Jason,

Seems like you want something substantial first so that you can take the money and turn it into something that requires an investment later. There are many companies that offer customer service jobs at home. West at Home, Voice Log, and Accolade Support, are a few. I've done in-depth reviews of these companies on my blog, which only lists free reputable companies that have work-at-home programs. You should also try job sites like Monster.com and Indeed.com. People ignore these when it come to finding work at home, but they are actually pretty good. Just go to the site and type in "work at home" and many companies will come up. In fact, I just saw Chase on Indeed.com the other day. They were looking for customer service reps to answer calls at home.
  14. Jen80 New Member

Hi Jason. I'm new to this forum too. And just like you, I'm also looking at some options to really create a steady source of income.

I'm a freelance writer and I get envious of my clients who have their own websites that give them money from adsense.

I really wonder how they do that.

I'll keep checking this thread to get more tips [IMG]

Thanks all.
  15. happywife Gold Member

Jen80: I'm a freelance writer and I get envious of my clients who have their own websites that give them money from adsense.
    Exactly! [IMG] You're doing the work and getting paid one time while they are getting paid over and over again for your work.

Jen80: I really wonder how they do that.
    I've just replied to one of your other posts Jen, but I'll just reiterate here that you CAN do the same thing. Yes, it does take work, but you're doing that already. If you can write, you've won half the battle.

Writing alone isn't the solution you need because you need to have a platform for your writing (website) that gets plenty of traffic - trickier than most people think.

It's really scary when you don't know a single thing about building websites, I know from experience! The good news is that there are excellent programs available now that cater to people like us. [IMG]

If you are the type of person who can focus on following instructions (written or video) you CAN do this.

You do need to realize that the difference in writing for others and writing for yourself is that the first one involves you getting paid immediately once and the second requires delayed gratification.

You do the work up front and the pay comes down the road - first a little, then more, then before you know it, you are getting paid over and over again for work that you did last year and the year before. Fantastic!

If you can't handle delayed gratification, stick with writing for others. Building your own web business means you put in a lot of hours up front for little or no pay. It takes time for you to build a website, get ranked well in the search engines and build up your traffic.

It WILL happen if you do it right (follow instructions), but most people want their money FAST and NOW.

I don't mean to be brutal (and hope I don't sound that way), but it's such a shame to see so many people come and go through this forum over the years because they expect microwave results (instant!). [IMG]

There's no point to wasting your time or money even making the attempt if you are not the type of person who follows through with the commitment. You'll just end up like so many others who tries for a few weeks or a few months (usually jumping from one thing to another) and then grumbles that it's all a scam and internet marketing "doesn't work."

It's not the internet marketing that doesn't work. [IMG]

Okay, I'll let you absorb those thoughts and if I haven't scared you off entirely, I hope to see you make the leap into putting your talents to work for YOU instead of someone else.

Blessings,
    Angie
  16. Sum Yung Ho New Member

Hi Angie,

True, dat.

And as you pointed out, the Instant Tea generation is in for a shock.

This is especially true considering the latest Google algo updates.

Nothing beats quality, useful content and lately it's the only thing that will work.

It takes time, understanding of online marketing, and a whole lot of effort. Most are not up to the task and few will succeed.

Sum Yung Ho!
  17. Azmos New Member

Hi EVERYONE

I'm Azman.Nice knowing you guys
  18. PaulOMahony Guest

Welcome to the community!
  19. JPaskie Member

Once you have a startup for an MLM - Come join us on the dark side >:) And by dark side I mean JustBeenPaid :p
  20. GeorgeN Member

Hello Jason. Customer service job? That sounds good to me. From my experience it's easier to provide a service than sell a product, unless that product is really commercial and competitive.